http://www.extremegraphicfsmd.com/photos/Streetfighter/street006.jpg

Lots of R1's of all sorts here
http://www.tobefast.com/fast_bikes.htm

FIGHTERMC
06-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks razor some nice r1's there.

BOHEMION
06-01-2006, 10:10 AM
I would absolutly love to fighter an R1, Almost had one before Christmas too, on 03 model. But I backed out of the deal.

Gix11
06-01-2006, 11:50 AM
I found a few lying around as well - highly German stylee though (well, apart from the first one)....

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/r1_5.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/dragon_r1.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/r1_4.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/r1_3.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/r1_2.jpg

damo1
06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I read somewhere that if you take the fairing off an R1 and the forced air intake is removed it wont run properly over about 6000grand
and its a problem not easly over come.
Dont mean to be a prick just thought you may wont to know.
Am interested to see how you go cant beleave every thing you read.

EXBEN
06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Ummm..... Early R1's don't run ram air.

06-01-2006, 08:19 PM
i heard they dont run at all,compared to an early GSX-R that is

KRASH
06-01-2006, 08:28 PM
A mate here in Gladstone has just fightered his spankin R1 fresh out of the box (he didn't even put water in the battery) I'll post a photo shortly.
He is running with no fairings and has just put Tl1000 ducts over the air tubeholes to make it look bling... And there hasn't been any issues with the bike running to it full potential[:p]

KRASH
07-01-2006, 01:14 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/DSC00059.JPG

KRASH
07-01-2006, 01:16 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/DSC00060.JPG

KRASH
07-01-2006, 01:17 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/DSC00058.JPG

fimpBIKES
07-01-2006, 04:00 PM
whats that light off?

has anyone seen the latest ghostrider vid?
guy on his R1 fighter in that sure can ride!!!!

03gixxerpilot
07-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Crash that is one hot looking bike who owns it

07-01-2006, 06:01 PM
that is just so horny.

ozkat
07-01-2006, 06:07 PM
its only a Yamahahaha. Just removing the fairing and putting renthals on doesnt make a streetfighter

Tony Nitrous
07-01-2006, 06:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

its only a Yamahahaha. Just removing the fairing and putting renthals on doesnt make a streetfighter

Yes It does !
I've seen lots on Ebay.
XJ600, CB400, you name it.
No fairing and Renthal = STREETFIGHTER !
Including several stock Triumphs / Bandits / etc.
Surely your not going to tell me there's more to it than that ?

:D:D:D

;)
Tony.J.

BOHEMION
07-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Dosnt mater to me what brand it is.. Its got the fighter look, Its got agression It has a head light of another model of Bike (FZ6 head light) its a beast to me. Its definatly opening up the new skool generation of fighters.

Is he from Gladdy to Crash? Onl thing I would tel the owner is to Lower the head light

stevo
07-01-2006, 06:23 PM
neat job .....

ozkat
07-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey Tony put up your definition of a streetfighter again.... i think you posted it a few months ago.

BOHEMION
07-01-2006, 06:53 PM
I saw the definition Ozzy and TOO ME having people hate it means its a street fighter. The bike is like a punch in the face as to some R1 fanatics, they are going to Hate this bike. The owner didnt care about anyone else when he built it. Fair nuf he didnt crash it and decide to make it a fighter wearing battle scars but as I said beofore, New generation and old skool fighter varieties is whats going to attract riders to the scene

stevo
07-01-2006, 06:57 PM
the other thing to look at "fighterin" a new bike is that the new bike probably has a lot more mumbo than a bombed old skool fighter....

I look as fighters as modern cafe racers ... the similar anti establishment attitude and often a riders bike as much as a posers bike

Razorback
07-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Interesting isnt it... The whole RAM Air thing.

I expected that removing the RAM air would affect bikes that have it... but everyone I know who has done it says there is no discernable difference in any way... Which make you wonder about the factory claims of what it does.

Tony Nitrous
07-01-2006, 07:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Hey Tony put up your definition of a streetfighter again.... i think you posted it a few months ago.

Writen by Nik Samson (UK) for an American mag.

WHAT IS A STREETFIGHTER ?

In the UK, a streetfighting motorcycle is one that the owner discribes as a streetfighter, plain and simple. A streetfighter is a bike that's been modified for both performance and looks and can have a full fairing or twin spotlights or an Acerbis handlebar fairing or whatever.
Building and riding 'fighters is as much a mental thing as it is a physical thing and one of the nice things about them is that there isn't really a boundary to the genre - anything can be a streetfighter. If it's modified on a performance basis then its called a streetfighter over here...
In my years at Streetfighters Magazine we ran features on bikes as diverse as street-legal CR and KX500's, a trick framed CB250N with upside-downies, a nitrous Gold Wing, a cut-down and jacket-up Pan European, a turbocharged BMW flat twin, full-faired Blackbirds with big bore kits and nitrous oxideand a whole host of other weird and wonderful bikes too. None of them were 'streetfighters' as the man in the street would probably think of one, but it's their owners attitudes that make their bikes eligible for the magazine.
Nik Samson

Not sure I agree 100% with that,
I used to run round on a Bandit 12,
60bhp of NOS, Carbon can, Renthals, "R" cams and carbs,
Suspension jack-up, Foot-peg Jack-up's, No Mirrors or
centre stand.
Never though for a momment i had a STREETFIGHTER,
Though I had a mildly messed with stock jap bike ?

To me 7/11's, Turbo's, fitting USD's, Spondons,
were the real "STREETFIGHTERS". I was just an "also-ran".
Its almost a shame to class pulling a fairing off a stocker
with the same "title" as the likes of Ben's JUDGE or Ashleys
955i Spondon.

Just my opinion,
Dont get f*ckin' stressed over it ;)

Tony.J.
EX- Drag Kat, NOS Bandit, Mutant GSX-R,
NOW- Boring old Busa,
Future- wait and see.........

07-01-2006, 09:10 PM
i'm lovin the new R1's,modern handling is something ya just cant overlook on new bikes.dont get me wrong i'm still a Suzuki nut but they are definately fallin behind in the looks department.if i'm wrong then why is every 1 putin R1 tail units on their old skool Zuke?sure the new Zuke mite be 3HP more powerful but if ya gunna turn it into a fighter you'll still need to add an R1 seat unit to give it a half decent fighter look.

EXBEN
07-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I like it,although I agree the headlight should sit lower( easier said than done sometimes though)
Hey Razorback I've measured the affect of ram air & could get no more than .5 psi @ 150kph,& thats being optimistic. Manufacturers claim up to 8hp gain with ram air effect AT WHAT SPEED THOUGH ?.
My guess is 300kph. Cause we'll all make use of that won't we, marketing hype blah blah blah blah.............

joe.d
08-01-2006, 05:13 AM
Each country of origin seems to have there own LINE on Streetfighter, I think the definition is basicly for me, is some thing thats, lean & mean looking, something that iraddicates the unnessary, and is made to ride everyday, thats why I beleive the AMERICAN streetfighter scene has it all arse upwards, for them it seems all about bling, just as there choppers, with Maltese crosses, and as much crome as you can though at a motorcyle crap.

saying that all is forgiven with the JUDGE is a great showbike, and something I envy, with all the work that has obviously been put in to it.

For me the definition is Keep iit simple! and RIde the fighter that you have grazed your knuckles on Building.
Its your definition of streetfighter, its your bike.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/green2.jpg

NakedTurboBusa
08-01-2006, 05:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by EXBEN

I like it,although I agree the headlight should sit lower( easier said than done sometimes though)
Hey Razorback I've measured the affect of ram air & could get no more than .5 psi @ 150kph,& thats being optimistic. Manufacturers claim up to 8hp gain with ram air effect AT WHAT SPEED THOUGH ?.
My guess is 300kph. Cause we'll all make use of that won't we, marketing hype blah blah blah blah.............

Yep,

no way i can put my lights lower.... as at 300kph (indicated) and still pulling like a school boy... the wind causes my helmet vibrate my eyes to the point of not seeing a thing!!!! tested twice!! and soon ill do it again... hehehe

03gixxerpilot
08-01-2006, 07:21 AM
I think a bit more effort than just pulling the fairing of and adding a set of renthals went into that R1, did my gixxer 1000, and stevo did his befor me and finding places to put all the ugly stuff from under the fairings is no easy task, especially with an end result as good as that, sure its not a hard core in your face streetfighter, but most of your average fighters are the old oil boilers (gixxer 11s, 7s, 7/11s ) with exactly that, the fairings taken off and a set of renthals added.

03gixxerpilot
08-01-2006, 07:30 AM
He has kept the bottom half of the faring as a bely pan,nice touch, and the photo taken out side the railway hotel is at caliopie (not sure of the spelling its been a few years since i've been there);)

08-01-2006, 08:22 AM
All real StreetFighters use 80's donor bikes!!!;)

That's all there is to it bitches. And since mine is, I'm a REAL DEAL STREETFIGHTER, AND YOU OTHERS AREN'T!!!!!![^]

ok? [8)]

Tony Nitrous
08-01-2006, 08:55 AM
My Mrs had a Stock SV650,
but now she's ordered Renthals and a single seat hump.
She will be so pleased she's got a real Streetfighter
just like you guys ;)

:D:D:D

Are Honda 750 shadows chops ?
Are Pee Wee 50's Moto-X bikes ?
Can you build a fighter on a Friday
night by pulling a fairing off ?
Is a 500hp Turbo / NOS / streched
Busa not a fighter if its got a fairing ?
Where do you draw the line ?

Who give's a F*ck !

Factory Fighters,
Extreme Fighters,
Rat Fighters,
Mutant Fighters,
Traditional Fighters,
Wanna-be Fighters,
Faired Fighters,
Drag Fighters,
Stunt Fighters,
Show-Pony Fighters,

Tony.J.

damo1
08-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I think it was that spanner man in traderbike mag that responded to an artical from some bloke that said he was having problems with the running of his r1 after removing the fairing and fightering it.
So i just thought it may have been a prob to look out for.

03gixxerpilot
08-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Yep what tony nitrous said!!!!!!!!
who gives a f***

stevo
08-01-2006, 01:46 PM
I've defaired a couple of late model bikes now and havn't found any issues with flat spots or tuning...

Because of the variables involved in tuning it's possible that more than just the fairing was changed and the other things are whats causing the issues... ie: different pipe or incorrectly set powercommander ('cos most people put MORE fuel in and a lot of the newer bikes are already rich to soften the power delivery) pipes have a very large effect on where and how the power is developed and it's very easy to go backwards on a modern bike..

and I'll say again ... thats a damn fine job on that R1, as Clive said there's a lot more to getting rid of all the modern electrical gear than most realise ... try and de-fair a CBR1000RR and you'll see what I mean .... personally I'd like the light a bit lower and black and black mirrors ..... but that's just me and I havn't got around to blackin out the peg hangers on mine yet and it's been on the road for 18 months :D

joe.d
08-01-2006, 02:00 PM
chalk10, like my GS1150 mate or what?
http://members.shaw.ca/joe.d/EFEBLACKWHEELS2.jpg

08-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Nice mate :)

What's the wheels/front end off?

Stocky
08-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi,

I helped with bith Tony's GSXR and the R1 Streetfigher. The R1 has a FZ6 headlight and it can't really sit any lower cause we still gota fit a steering damper on it.

As for weather it's a streetfighter or not, well it was posted up as an example of an R1 with the ram air removed that runs well.

It's all well and good to use an 80 bike as a donor but then you have 80's HP and handling [V]

There is a lot of detail on that R1 that you don't see from a couple of simple pics.

eg. the guage mount, awesome custom tripple clamps, remote start ignition, engine mods, gearing changes, anodising and blacking out parts etc etc.

I think if you have to meet some sort of "criteria" to be welcome around here it's gona be a small forum and get stale pretty quick.

Both the GSXR and the R1 are quick bikes and both handle very well considering the changes made. Both have significantly more power than stock and both have or are getting a little help from the giggle gas [:o)]

To me , one of the attractions of the streetfighter scene is the variety of bikes , ideas , owners etc.

I love the 80's bikes, but I like the modern power and handling too :D

stevo
08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm with you stocky ...... I know how hard it is to do a late model bike and make it look like it should.... and that R1 looks like it's straight out of a Yammie R&D shop... top work..

and the ease of power is a plus ..... my stock gixxer thou is quicker than my 1216 kitted gsxr11 with a lot less work...and it's a lot more fun

03gixxerpilot
08-01-2006, 06:18 PM
well said and welcome stocky, each of us has an opinion on what is or is not something and that is and opinion, the main thing that we should bear in mind is the work and effort that goes into something. as i said befor i like the look, and have my 03 gixxer streetfightered, as well as a 90 gsxr 1100 befor that. but that is just my two cents worth.

gibbo
08-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Do you reckon Chalky may have just been takin the piss;)

08-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Whaaat?[:0] me?[8)]

take the piss? never mate!!!:D

Tone
08-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Eight years ago I had an 1100 Gsxr (87 model) that I pulled every single piece that didn't make it run off, cause I liked it to look like that.I'd never heard of streetfighters.These days I'd love to fighter (whatever it means) a ZX10R but that ain't gonna happen.I can't afford a bike that new.I'm happy with my 750 even if it still needs to be stripped down to what I like,I'll get there.Personal preferences all too often seem to lead to personal predjudices which is the last thing riders need with officialdom (cunts one and all,I reckon) ready and willing to take away (or make you pay for) the privileges that remain.Loud pipes,great.Bicycle speedos,whatever you like.Not standard approved Simpson helmets,christ,I want one (outlaw thanks)...but two wheels and a motor is a motor bike innit?I'd rather be ridin than drivin (non drivin if you live in Sydney) no matter what bike (insert commonsense there).That R1 looks fuckin great to me and I'm no yamfan (sorry Vale) and Ben's Judge is just ace even if it's made of unobtanium as far as I'm concerned.
Life in your hands balancing on 2(or one) wheels avoiding shitboxes,diesel spills,mobile phone users,revenue raising people and machines while still having the time of your threatened life by gettin your head as close to the ground as speed and grip will dictate is streetfightin to me.Ahhh...I really shouldn't drink and write!By the way...that ZX10R,I'll have a Martek frame and twin spots.Hold the fairing,chuck in the renthals (and a decent damper apparently).

Gix11
08-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Clive, Stevo, Stocky, just wanted to welcome all you guys aboard as I don't think I have yet. There's not one bloke on this site that wouldn't have that R1 in their garage. Of course all the guys here who have done their bikes know how much effort goes into getting even the simplest cable re-routing done and at the end of the day, the whole Streetfighter scene is a state of mind as to your definition of bikes and riding. You either have it or you don't. Most importantly, you newer guys will (if you stick around - and we hope you do) realise there are a lot of guys on here who like to stir shit just for a laugh - no harm intended. They're good guys and you've already come across one - Chalky. I'm just being the fucking diplomat again as it's my job. This isn't a football club, there are no better bikes than the ones you love so don't take anything too seriously. You obviously are one of us and your work and opinions are enjoyed and welcomed. If I hear any more people trying to define what a Streetfighter is it'll do my head in. You all know one when you see one, that's all that counts. Enjoy your ride and enjoy your bike, you're an individual so express yourself with it.

03gixxerpilot
09-01-2006, 09:13 AM
C'mon Gix is Chalky the only one aloud to stir shit for a laugh, LOL , we'er or at least im not taking this seriously, its just a discousion on what our/my opinions are/is and just as much as we sling shit at each other (me and stevo) over each others bikes we also do so over our opinions, in a frendly maner of course. DON'T STRESS GIX, sit back and relax.:) :) :) :)

joe.d
09-01-2006, 10:20 AM
My 1150 the front end is off a 1992 gixer 11 and the rear wheel is off a 750 katana, mixed and mtched wheel barrings and wheel spacers on the back, stock rear brake.

stevo
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I nearly bought one of those 1150's new in '84 but I bought a VF1000 instead .... I didn't like the full fairing on the 1150, prefered the half fairing of the VF...

mind you if they hadda looked like that I might have got one....

09-01-2006, 12:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by 03gixxerpilot

C'mon Gix is Chalky the only one aloud to stir shit for a laugh,

YES
[:p]

fimpBIKES
09-01-2006, 05:01 PM
BAN CHALKY!!!!

FIGHTERMC
09-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Back to the r1,was working on it
the weekend and should be driving it tonite or tomorrow
just need to get a longer clutch cable made up today.
she is running good without the fairing.
going to leave it with just rentals and headlight
for the moment cos i need to use it for work
but i'm strongly thinking about buying a spondon
frame for it within the next 6 months
using the money i made off the gixxer thou and
going to sell the blade to fund the rest of it.
my 2 bros run there own transport companys and
are going to let me use there vat numbers
so i don't get charged the 17 percent off spondon
which is an added bonus.
will post a pic of it as soon as i get a chance.
rgds

stevo
09-01-2006, 07:12 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............. spondon ............droooooooooooooooooooooolllllllll

Gix11
09-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Nice one MC. Of course we'll be needing pictures of the build as it takes shape mate so send 'em in.

03gixxerpilot
09-01-2006, 08:06 PM
spondon.....very nice..........very expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIGHTERMC
09-01-2006, 08:13 PM
I think around 4k{sterling} mark which is about 6k euros
not bad when you think of what you would be driving
at the end of it.

stevo
09-01-2006, 08:17 PM
yeah that makes it about $12,000 OZ by the time we get it here and pay import and GST and and and and and and .....

BUT I STILL WANT ONE :D

FIGHTERMC
09-01-2006, 08:38 PM
import is a joke we only pay this if we
buy outside of the EU.

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:22 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/87649286996345.jpg

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:24 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/87649286920906.jpg

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:26 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/89861783335726.jpg

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:28 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/89861783345374.jpg

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:30 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/89861783330504.jpg

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:33 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/898617833106592.jpg

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:35 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/89861783342832.jpg

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:36 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/89861783371087.jpg

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Actually not sure what the last one was. But since the post seemed to be getting hi-jacked by cu*t$ discussing what a fighter is i thought i would get it back on track.
So there are some ideas of the R1 possibilities.
Also the yokes on that other r1 are cool as fook (yes the one you were discussing)

FIGHTERMC
19-01-2006, 07:56 AM
cammy9r some nice r1 there mate,i think the
last one is a busa.

03gixxerpilot
19-01-2006, 12:01 PM
yes it's a busa

stevo
19-01-2006, 01:05 PM
yup last one definitely BUSA ..

I just painted a Turbo busa frame and swingarm...

although it's not fightered even tho it's TUFF AS...

qickdraw
19-01-2006, 08:13 PM
I've heard of quite a few guys having problems with r1's not running properly after they've pulled the fairings off & figthered 'em up (98-01 models). The most common fix that I've seen is simply to seal up the top of the frame/tank joint with rubber matting & weatherseal - apparently removing the fairings can cause a vaccuum effect under the tank above a certain speed, causing the bike to choke itself.... that's what I heard, anyhoo!!!!

cammy9r
19-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks, now i know (the easy lazy way). It's a busa. I have hundreds of pics of fighters that i have pinched from the net. None of which are named so i have to guess most of them :D
The zx9r suffers similar probs when naked. These are carb'd and the pressues become uneven at speed slowing fuel flow from the floats. There is a pipe already fitted (connected to the ramair duct) that prevents this and you just have to make sure that it can breath once all the plastic has been removed.

crazymofo
19-01-2006, 09:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by cammy9r

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/89861783345374.jpg

thats prolly the toughest R1 fighter ive seen!

cheers.joe.

FIGHTERMC
20-01-2006, 03:09 AM
I like the one with the r1 head fairing cut down.
my mate has a fairing and headlight with one light broken
that he is giving to me if i want it
so i'm going to cut down the fairng and cover the hole
where the broken light should be and use that for the moment.