PDA

View Full Version : Project for someone ?

Tony Nitrous
03-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Project for someone ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2002-Suzuki-GSXR-1000-damaged_W0QQitemZ4601678364QQcategoryZ102687QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

Razorback
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Fucken Noobs should be allowed to own bikes like that....

Im gonna have to go and have a lie down... I just cant stand to see my favorite machines treated like that....

Razorback
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Fucken Noobs should be allowed to own bikes like that....

Im gonna have to go and have a lie down... I just cant stand to see my favorite machines treated like that....

Razorback
03-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Ok.... after a couple of cigarettes and a sleep, I can look at it now...

My ultimate project is a 02GSXR1000 fighter... and here one is I guess... but from what I can see its a lot worse than hes making out. A close inspection shows damage to the subfram and both twisting and warping of the main fram under the tank on both sides. The Ram ducts are the dead give away, one of them is nearly round.... that part of the fram has been severly rooted and for me .... that frame is 9/10ths cactus.... I dont think Id want to keep it...

So we are talking $4500 for a motor, back wheel, swingarm etc because everything else is basically stuffed...way too much I think. I dont even think a wrecker would give this guy more than about $3000 because all the bits theyd be interested in are the bits that are fucked. In fact the more I think about it the more I think hed be lucky to get $3000.

Ill keep an eye on it... only because after seeing a 1000 motor in a SRAD frame... I got a bit inspired... Thanks Joe...my wife hates you ;)

20-02-2006, 02:51 PM
dreaming alright

20-02-2006, 02:51 PM
dreaming alright

20-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Winning bid $4500 apparently, musta been keen

20-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Winning bid $4500 apparently, musta been keen

fimpBIKES
20-02-2006, 05:27 PM
thats a bit rich,
the frame is rooted for sure
there is a definite "twist" in the forks, just look at that side shot!!!!

even if u just wanted the motor cases from a wrecker are about $100 and i the rad would be at least $150 to get straightened

but i cant get over this wanker, obviously bought a bike he could afford to get comp. insurance on
then he doesnt get 3rd party property damage insurance either!!!

i feel sorry for the guy he hit,
i know im still enjoying my $30 a fortnight from the fucker who took me out on my cbr
over 7years mind u, anyone know how much my $5400 will be worth in 7yrs time....

anyways, what a wanker
and then to try to pass it off as an "easy-fix"!!!

fimpBIKES
20-02-2006, 05:27 PM
thats a bit rich,
the frame is rooted for sure
there is a definite "twist" in the forks, just look at that side shot!!!!

even if u just wanted the motor cases from a wrecker are about $100 and i the rad would be at least $150 to get straightened

but i cant get over this wanker, obviously bought a bike he could afford to get comp. insurance on
then he doesnt get 3rd party property damage insurance either!!!

i feel sorry for the guy he hit,
i know im still enjoying my $30 a fortnight from the fucker who took me out on my cbr
over 7years mind u, anyone know how much my $5400 will be worth in 7yrs time....

anyways, what a wanker
and then to try to pass it off as an "easy-fix"!!!

Razorback
22-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah thats why I decided to take a pass on it. I emailed him a few times and he just didnt seem interested in offers. It was definately too far gone for my liking. I have no doubt the guy that bought it will regret it in the long run, considering for $6000 or so you can get one that has only lost plastics if you shop around.

Razorback
22-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah thats why I decided to take a pass on it. I emailed him a few times and he just didnt seem interested in offers. It was definately too far gone for my liking. I have no doubt the guy that bought it will regret it in the long run, considering for $6000 or so you can get one that has only lost plastics if you shop around.

joe.d
01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey... Im sure you can get a better deal than that ...that GIxer 1000 is Fugged up bad. I bought both bikes the gixer 1000 and the SRAD rolling chassis sold lots of parts I didnt use and came away with a ridable machine for about $2400 bucks Canadian, not too much in real money, as for your wife ive been through one wife and it looks like im passing the next one on, she told me as we were sitting down in a posh resturant that she loves me, but dosnt want me arround any more, I basicly said, when you gonna move out, cause I aint...:)
Best of Luck with the wome, and the bike

joe.d
01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey... Im sure you can get a better deal than that ...that GIxer 1000 is Fugged up bad. I bought both bikes the gixer 1000 and the SRAD rolling chassis sold lots of parts I didnt use and came away with a ridable machine for about $2400 bucks Canadian, not too much in real money, as for your wife ive been through one wife and it looks like im passing the next one on, she told me as we were sitting down in a posh resturant that she loves me, but dosnt want me arround any more, I basicly said, when you gonna move out, cause I aint...:)
Best of Luck with the wome, and the bike

Foxy
01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
All I can say is FUBAR!

esp with the frames on the more modern GSXR's, one hit and there generally fucked

Foxy
01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
All I can say is FUBAR!

esp with the frames on the more modern GSXR's, one hit and there generally fucked

Razorback
02-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah foxy... Id like to hear what the buyer actually did with it. Its gonna be hard for him to get his dough back I would have thought.

Guy I know who races speedway sidecars here in Mildura just picked up an K2/1000 motor complete with EFI setup and basically everything to just plug it into his rig for $2500 with only 10K use on it.

Razorback
02-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah foxy... Id like to hear what the buyer actually did with it. Its gonna be hard for him to get his dough back I would have thought.

Guy I know who races speedway sidecars here in Mildura just picked up an K2/1000 motor complete with EFI setup and basically everything to just plug it into his rig for $2500 with only 10K use on it.