View Full Version : [SOLD] Katana 7/11

Jaded
01-11-2005, 05:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/1.jpg

I bought this Kat earlier this year from a bloke who owned it for over 10 years. Since Ive owned it, I have had no problems with it whatsoever. The engine and electrics are very reliable and its starts first go everytime. I do regular maintenance and take it easy when riding it.

As you can see from the pics, this Katana has had a lot of attention and $$$ spent on it. The bodywork is all original which has been painted GOLD a few years ago. The headlight fairing is the original plastic (not aftermarket fibreglass) . It was orginally a 750 Katana which has been fitted with an 1100 engine, oil cooler, Upside Down Forks, 17" gixxer rims with new Bridgestone BT-014 front tyres and BT-020 rear tyres, gixxer brakes with floating discs and braided brake lines. The modifications are good quality and have been approved by an engineer with the engineers report noted on the rego papers, so it is all approved, legal and legit. Ive added a brand new 4-1 Formula1 exhaust system with Magnum can and gold hi-rise tapered handlebars. (I just preferred the higher 'bars so I could cruise around all day in comfort). I still have the clip-ons and they will sell with the bike if the new owner wants to revert back to using them.

I'll never get back the money I spent on it, but Im looking for $6000. I wont consider offers over the phone, but if someone is standing in front of me with cash, I'll listen. I dont want to let every Tom, Dick and Harry come around for a joy ride, so please call only if you are genuinely interested in buying this Katana. Call James on 0429 858 035 to inspect. If your call goes to my voicemail, please leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as I can.

Cheers

James

Tony Nitrous
01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi James,

Couple of Questions,

1... Where are you !
(rough idea of area)

2... Do you know what the engine came out of ET / EX / SD ?

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi James,

Couple of Questions,

1... Where are you !
(rough idea of area)

2... Do you know what the engine came out of ET / EX / SD ?

Tony.J.

Gix11
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
That is a real Tidy Kat you got there mate. What's getting the love now for you to sell it?

Gix11
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
That is a real Tidy Kat you got there mate. What's getting the love now for you to sell it?

ozkat
01-11-2005, 06:37 PM
oh bloody hell dont do this to me..... my missus will fuckin kill me when she finds out.

ozkat
01-11-2005, 06:37 PM
oh bloody hell dont do this to me..... my missus will fuckin kill me when she finds out.

TurboKat
01-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Go on Oz, you KNOW you want it [:p]
I'm sure you can do without sex for a while [B)][:0]
There's no such thing as too many Katanas in the garage.

TurboKat
01-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Go on Oz, you KNOW you want it [:p]
I'm sure you can do without sex for a while [B)][:0]
There's no such thing as too many Katanas in the garage.

Gix11
01-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I knew it would ring your bell Oz. Ring it harder mate - You know you wan' it!

Gix11
01-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I knew it would ring your bell Oz. Ring it harder mate - You know you wan' it!

Jaded
01-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Gday Tony - Im in Sydney mate. Im not sure what the engine came out of.

Gix - Thanks mate. I'm not sure whats next. I just dont get time to ride like I used to so Im not in a hurry to jump on anything straight away. I used to own a ZRX and Ausrex's bike was tempting, but unless something really grabs me, I'll hang for a while.

Jaded
01-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Gday Tony - Im in Sydney mate. Im not sure what the engine came out of.

Gix - Thanks mate. I'm not sure whats next. I just dont get time to ride like I used to so Im not in a hurry to jump on anything straight away. I used to own a ZRX and Ausrex's bike was tempting, but unless something really grabs me, I'll hang for a while.

01-11-2005, 08:43 PM
cant beat them F1 pipes.class,performance an looks.best bit my GSXR has ever seen. nice package Jimmy,rekon Ozfizz will snap it up if he can sell the much more powerful 1100M[?][xx(]

01-11-2005, 08:43 PM
cant beat them F1 pipes.class,performance an looks.best bit my GSXR has ever seen. nice package Jimmy,rekon Ozfizz will snap it up if he can sell the much more powerful 1100M[?][xx(]

03-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I thought you had a ZXR750 now Octane?

Wasn't that you looking for a jack-up kit the other day?

I take it you still have the bike.

03-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I thought you had a ZXR750 now Octane?

Wasn't that you looking for a jack-up kit the other day?

I take it you still have the bike.

Gix11
03-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Shit James. I just realised your bike wasn't in the BIKES FOR SALE section of the main website. Why didn't you tell me mate? It's there now. A few technophobes avoid the forum and go to normal website pages instead. You do still have it don't you? I haven't just done that for nothing?

Gix11
03-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Shit James. I just realised your bike wasn't in the BIKES FOR SALE section of the main website. Why didn't you tell me mate? It's there now. A few technophobes avoid the forum and go to normal website pages instead. You do still have it don't you? I haven't just done that for nothing?

Jaded
03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey Guys,

Yep I stil have the Kat, however I got two calls for it on the weekend! A bloke from down the south coast is planning on coming up this week - but I'll believe it when I see him. Thanks Gix for adding it to the front classifieds - I appreciate the effort. The ad looks bloody good too!

And Yes - I bought a 1989 ZXR750 H1. I didnt plan to buy it, but a bloke asked for offers on it and so I made him an offer and he said yes! It was at the same time that I thought I had a buyer for the Katana, but that fell through, so I now have two bikes. Ive had to do a few things to it to get it up to scratch and now its running well. I planned to streetfighter it when I bought it, but Im enjoying it as it is at the moment.

Heres a pic of it up the Oxley 2 days after I bought it. I rode down the Oxley with no front brake which was exciting!

http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/widepiczxr.jpg

Jaded
03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey Guys,

Yep I stil have the Kat, however I got two calls for it on the weekend! A bloke from down the south coast is planning on coming up this week - but I'll believe it when I see him. Thanks Gix for adding it to the front classifieds - I appreciate the effort. The ad looks bloody good too!

And Yes - I bought a 1989 ZXR750 H1. I didnt plan to buy it, but a bloke asked for offers on it and so I made him an offer and he said yes! It was at the same time that I thought I had a buyer for the Katana, but that fell through, so I now have two bikes. Ive had to do a few things to it to get it up to scratch and now its running well. I planned to streetfighter it when I bought it, but Im enjoying it as it is at the moment.

Heres a pic of it up the Oxley 2 days after I bought it. I rode down the Oxley with no front brake which was exciting!

http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/widepiczxr.jpg

BOHEMION
03-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Very cool, everyone loves a new bike in there lives, Are you pretty happy with ZXR? any flaws you can pick?

BOHEMION
03-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Very cool, everyone loves a new bike in there lives, Are you pretty happy with ZXR? any flaws you can pick?

Jaded
03-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah Im real happy with it. The bike itself is awesome, faster than i thought it'd be. Ive owned an '03 636 and it sort of reminds me a lot of it, but with a bit more bottom end and less top end than the 6. There are a few things that I have fixed and there are a few more things I will fix. It had previously been dropped and fixed through insurance, so all the fairings, screens, paint etc are new, the frame and outer wheel edges are polished and it has an aftermarket can. I've fitted a new front brake master cylinder kit (which is why I had no brake going down the Oxley). It also had the wrong front brake light switch and an incorrect clutch lever installed, both which I have fixed. I also fited new grips and clear indicator lenses. So its running pretty sweet now. Next thing I'll do is update the suspension.

Jaded
03-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah Im real happy with it. The bike itself is awesome, faster than i thought it'd be. Ive owned an '03 636 and it sort of reminds me a lot of it, but with a bit more bottom end and less top end than the 6. There are a few things that I have fixed and there are a few more things I will fix. It had previously been dropped and fixed through insurance, so all the fairings, screens, paint etc are new, the frame and outer wheel edges are polished and it has an aftermarket can. I've fitted a new front brake master cylinder kit (which is why I had no brake going down the Oxley). It also had the wrong front brake light switch and an incorrect clutch lever installed, both which I have fixed. I also fited new grips and clear indicator lenses. So its running pretty sweet now. Next thing I'll do is update the suspension.

Tony Nitrous
03-01-2006, 03:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Popcorn Octane

Yep I stil have the Kat, however I got two calls for it on the weekend! A bloke from down the south coast is planning on coming up this week - but I'll believe it when I see him.

If it falls through let me know.
Tried to get down to Sydney Xmas
but it never happened.

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
03-01-2006, 03:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Popcorn Octane

Yep I stil have the Kat, however I got two calls for it on the weekend! A bloke from down the south coast is planning on coming up this week - but I'll believe it when I see him.

If it falls through let me know.
Tried to get down to Sydney Xmas
but it never happened.

Tony.J.

03-01-2006, 09:47 PM
the Oxley is a great road for rear brakes.Back it in all the way.

03-01-2006, 09:47 PM
the Oxley is a great road for rear brakes.Back it in all the way.

TurboKat
03-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I was just havin' a poke around O.S.S. & it would appear that Ozkat has indeed purchased said Katana, nice work Oz, you still going ahead with the turbo Gixxer as well?

TurboKat
03-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I was just havin' a poke around O.S.S. & it would appear that Ozkat has indeed purchased said Katana, nice work Oz, you still going ahead with the turbo Gixxer as well?

Rich
17-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Ozkat, I see by your posts your home. You having a sickie so your there to receive your bike from Rexie ??

Cheers Rich

Zed14
17-01-2006, 02:17 PM
not today trucks in getting a new rear main seal. casual took it up last couple of trip while i was on hols and i went in all ready to go only to be told that i will have to go back home for another couple of days. dont you just hate that?

Rich
17-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Could be worse Rexie, could be your main rear seal in your arse that is blown and that ain't oil leaking down your leg....

Cheers Rich

Zed14
17-01-2006, 09:00 PM
wouldnt be my main rear seal today as im nowhere near ozkat.