PDA

View Full Version : rapid bikes mag!!

ozR1127
06-10-2005, 12:00 AM
:D been lookin for a new mag too waste those hours on the dunnie[:0]try this http://www.rapidbikes.com.au/ [8D]just got the latest mag ,nearly all naked bikes very nice ,australian mag n all :D

TurboKat
06-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Yeah, it's just a shame that Wayne Gardner features so prominently, all his columns are about how good he is/was. He's gotta be the most self absorbed bloke around. [V]
You don't see/hear Our Heavenly Father & Creator Of All Living Things
(Mick Doohan - for all you heathens & non believers) pumping up his own tyres like that & he won FIVE World Championships - don't get me started about how it coulda/shoulda been 7 (or more)
Anyway, good mag overall, a few more modified units & less new Race Reps & it'd be even better.
I miss Streetbike.
Did I mention Mick is GOD ?

TurboKat
06-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Yeah, it's just a shame that Wayne Gardner features so prominently, all his columns are about how good he is/was. He's gotta be the most self absorbed bloke around. [V]
You don't see/hear Our Heavenly Father & Creator Of All Living Things
(Mick Doohan - for all you heathens & non believers) pumping up his own tyres like that & he won FIVE World Championships - don't get me started about how it coulda/shoulda been 7 (or more)
Anyway, good mag overall, a few more modified units & less new Race Reps & it'd be even better.
I miss Streetbike.
Did I mention Mick is GOD ?

Razorback
06-10-2005, 08:55 AM
With you 100% turbokat. Doohan is the most unsung hero of Australian sport. When you listen to the TV media types talking about bike racing youd think Doohan never existed... let alone guys like Wayne Rainey and co from that era... its all Gardener this and Kenny Roberts that.... Ive never understood it...

Razorback
06-10-2005, 08:55 AM
With you 100% turbokat. Doohan is the most unsung hero of Australian sport. When you listen to the TV media types talking about bike racing youd think Doohan never existed... let alone guys like Wayne Rainey and co from that era... its all Gardener this and Kenny Roberts that.... Ive never understood it...

special-k
06-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeh that's not a bad buy that mag... I prefer some of the UK mags as they're packed with more cool shit, it's just a pity they're so damn expensive (one I saw was $17 but it was a good read) so I just read em in the shop, lol

special-k
06-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeh that's not a bad buy that mag... I prefer some of the UK mags as they're packed with more cool shit, it's just a pity they're so damn expensive (one I saw was $17 but it was a good read) so I just read em in the shop, lol

EXBEN
07-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Personally I think the Rapid boys are producing a top quality product(and Im not just saying that because my bikes in this issue),when you consider that it is produced by just two blokes.
They care about their product cause it's their business & their livelyhood. Also being a relatively new mag it is still evolving,so if you want to mould it into something you all want to read then let them know what you want,I find them to be very approachable guys.
I think you'll see more and more quality Streetfighters in the mag cause the scene is exploding in Australia at the moment (FINALLY !),
so if you've got a bike that you think is good enough for the mag then send em a pic ,if they don't get back to you right away don't forget these guys are Fuggin busy.
One last thing if you do manage to get them interested in your bike ,then be flexible & accomadating with meeting for the photoshoot.I say this cause I've met people that think these guys should be running round after them just cause they have a nice bike.
I have a name for people like this..... WANKERS[xx(] ( Though I doubt there's anyone like that on this site!)
Anyway that's just my 2 cents (after tax):)

EXBEN
07-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Personally I think the Rapid boys are producing a top quality product(and Im not just saying that because my bikes in this issue),when you consider that it is produced by just two blokes.
They care about their product cause it's their business & their livelyhood. Also being a relatively new mag it is still evolving,so if you want to mould it into something you all want to read then let them know what you want,I find them to be very approachable guys.
I think you'll see more and more quality Streetfighters in the mag cause the scene is exploding in Australia at the moment (FINALLY !),
so if you've got a bike that you think is good enough for the mag then send em a pic ,if they don't get back to you right away don't forget these guys are Fuggin busy.
One last thing if you do manage to get them interested in your bike ,then be flexible & accomadating with meeting for the photoshoot.I say this cause I've met people that think these guys should be running round after them just cause they have a nice bike.
I have a name for people like this..... WANKERS[xx(] ( Though I doubt there's anyone like that on this site!)
Anyway that's just my 2 cents (after tax):)

Razorback
07-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Well Im definatly gonna send them some pics of the bandito when shes done[8D]

Razorback
07-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Well Im definatly gonna send them some pics of the bandito when shes done[8D]

God
07-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey Turbo,

Atleast the passing of Streetbike was easier to take as it had been run down into a shit mag by the TwoWheels crew. Ahh for the glory days when Seddo put his heart'n'soul into the mag...

Hang-on, the marketing crap that was sent to subscribers was that the mag was not being killed-off, just "rested" before being "re-invented" as a biannual spectacular - to make things worse, the pricks converted unused subscritpion into TwoWheels subscriptions...

Go the guys at Rapid!

If you like Rapid, take out a subscription - as well as getting it cheaper for you (more beer money or bling or whatever), it should help the mag with their cashflow (abit) and also strengthen their position with advertisers.

God
07-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey Turbo,

Atleast the passing of Streetbike was easier to take as it had been run down into a shit mag by the TwoWheels crew. Ahh for the glory days when Seddo put his heart'n'soul into the mag...

Hang-on, the marketing crap that was sent to subscribers was that the mag was not being killed-off, just "rested" before being "re-invented" as a biannual spectacular - to make things worse, the pricks converted unused subscritpion into TwoWheels subscriptions...

Go the guys at Rapid!

If you like Rapid, take out a subscription - as well as getting it cheaper for you (more beer money or bling or whatever), it should help the mag with their cashflow (abit) and also strengthen their position with advertisers.

07-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Rapid is the first mag i've picked up that is educational from front to back covers.dam good read an non repetetive like all the other jargin.Aussie blokes promoting Aussie bikes,hullo Australia.

07-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Rapid is the first mag i've picked up that is educational from front to back covers.dam good read an non repetetive like all the other jargin.Aussie blokes promoting Aussie bikes,hullo Australia.

rupes
10-03-2006, 06:26 AM
I've got to agree on the Wayne Gardner thing. His columns almost read like an ad for Honda most of the time. He's still working for them isn't he ???

Given that though, there is still a fair bit of decent reading in the mag, and props to them for at least finding a big name to have in the mag. A mate of mine dropped in the last couple of TW mags for me to have a read at work. Haven't managed to more than a couple of pages in before I find something else to do lol

Where's Matho gotten to, always enjoyed reading his stuff in SB ??

rupes
10-03-2006, 06:26 AM
I've got to agree on the Wayne Gardner thing. His columns almost read like an ad for Honda most of the time. He's still working for them isn't he ???

Given that though, there is still a fair bit of decent reading in the mag, and props to them for at least finding a big name to have in the mag. A mate of mine dropped in the last couple of TW mags for me to have a read at work. Haven't managed to more than a couple of pages in before I find something else to do lol

Where's Matho gotten to, always enjoyed reading his stuff in SB ??

Benz
10-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Matho is editor of AMCN these days, and is doing a great job of it, in my opinion:D

Benz
10-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Matho is editor of AMCN these days, and is doing a great job of it, in my opinion:D