PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my SM...

nmilne
03-10-2005, 06:55 PM
That's supermotard, not S&M, so don't get too excited there :D

New to the site, just found it the other day - looks nice! I run the web board dedicated to Supermotard in Victoria, www.vsmr.net, but I've ridden road bikes for years and I'm now thinking that a bit of bike augmentation with a fighter would be just the trick ;) so I'm looking around for ideas and at auction catalogues for R1's [:p]

But anyway, here's a few pics of my ride, a 2001 DRZ400 that's duly been converted to motard by myself. The thing is an absolute blast to ride and zips down the reefton at a fair old clip, although isn't so great once the speed gets above 100-120 (all in a controlled environment blah blah blah :D ). It makes for a great commuter too and gets riden by myself into the city on a daily basis [8D]

http://vsmr.net/albums/drzrebuild/DRZ_SM_Left_Rear.jpg

http://vsmr.net/albums/drzrebuild/DRZ_SM_Left_Front.jpg

http://vsmr.net/albums/drzrebuild/DRZ_SM_Right.jpg

Of course I'm a bit of a tinkerer so its not quite stock - apart from the obvious running-gear changes I've also done a bit of engine work courtesy of a big bore kit, higher cr wiseco slug and a pair of hotter cams (from, strangely enough, a mob called HotCams in the US). I've bolted that up to a fairly free flowing yoshi exhaust and opened up the airbox somewhat. There are more pics in the DRZ rebuild gallery on our website at:

http://www.vsmr.net/modules.php?set_albumName=drzrebuild&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Good to meet you guys and I hope you get the chance to pop over and check us out on www.vsmr.net as I reckon we share quite a few similarities to riding approach and the desire not to be one of the blind generic masses ;) There's a few blokes over there who have more than a little interest in the streetfighter scene as well, so I'll be sure and spread the good word about [8D]

Razorback
03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Man thats very cool [8D] I really like it...

Razorback
03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Man thats very cool [8D] I really like it...

03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
:Dnice work[:I]

03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
:Dnice work[:I]

heridesfastbikes
04-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Black is tuff, love your work..........

heridesfastbikes
04-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Black is tuff, love your work..........

04-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey, that looks like the end of my street - don't tell me you're a Blackburnian (or whatever they're called) too? [:0]

04-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey, that looks like the end of my street - don't tell me you're a Blackburnian (or whatever they're called) too? [:0]

04-11-2005, 11:49 PM
looks like the end of many victorian streets Russs,have you seen this hell man tearin up your tar? also looks like the driveway of a private rub n tug parlour i once visited but it didnt have charcoal concrete an the lawn was a bit more tidy an it was in Campbelltown nsw an they didnt have a letterbox or a garage door or any walls or even a tree out the front. but they'd probly just stolen a bike like that 1;)

04-11-2005, 11:49 PM
looks like the end of many victorian streets Russs,have you seen this hell man tearin up your tar? also looks like the driveway of a private rub n tug parlour i once visited but it didnt have charcoal concrete an the lawn was a bit more tidy an it was in Campbelltown nsw an they didnt have a letterbox or a garage door or any walls or even a tree out the front. but they'd probly just stolen a bike like that 1;)

05-11-2005, 07:00 AM
I do recall the thump of a manic single every now and again come to think of it...or that could be the voices in my head....must go and see that shrink again [:p]

05-11-2005, 07:00 AM
I do recall the thump of a manic single every now and again come to think of it...or that could be the voices in my head....must go and see that shrink again [:p]

fimpBIKES
05-11-2005, 12:09 PM
just out of interest what is involved in the swap?

new wheels obviously, but stiffer springs and stuff?
what kind of cost are we looking at?

i wouldnt mind getting an offroad thumper and doing all the electrics from scratch to make a motard one day

fimpBIKES
05-11-2005, 12:09 PM
just out of interest what is involved in the swap?

new wheels obviously, but stiffer springs and stuff?
what kind of cost are we looking at?

i wouldnt mind getting an offroad thumper and doing all the electrics from scratch to make a motard one day

NakedTurboBusa
06-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Yep, Motards way way cool.... love seeing them on one wheel ( front or back) in traffic!!! or backing in around city streets... Very nice job.. good to see stuff done at home.. well done mate!!

NakedTurboBusa
06-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Yep, Motards way way cool.... love seeing them on one wheel ( front or back) in traffic!!! or backing in around city streets... Very nice job.. good to see stuff done at home.. well done mate!!