PDA

View Full Version : Old Bike New Old Bike...

Razorback
03-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi guys, I have been lurking for a while, thought Id reveal my latest project.

Well I just moved from SA to VIC and in the process had to sell my beloved and much spent on 2002 GSXR1000 to help with the deposit on the new house. Here she is... dont even like looking at the pics now shes gone.. Too many mods to list basically. :(
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/mdclc/shared_files/gix1.jpg

Well now the latest project is streetfightering this bandit. Some of you may recognise it. Its Matt Mingay's old stunt bike. Its currently in 400 peices, but I have already got all the bits I need to basically finish it. I will post more when shes done, hopefully about 2-4 weeks.
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/mdclc/bandit1.jpg

God
03-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Way to go Razor!

Where are you located in Vic?

I saw the ebay ad for this bike - have you been able to get RWC with the flamethrower still attached?

God
03-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Way to go Razor!

Where are you located in Vic?

I saw the ebay ad for this bike - have you been able to get RWC with the flamethrower still attached?

Razorback
03-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Cheers mate...

Im in Mildura. Got the bandit shipped here. They made it look pretty good in the pictures [:o)] Its a lot rougher than it appears, but it runs well and with the 1340 kit and the dyna work Im happy with it.

Its currently getting all the gear on it for roadworthy but mostly custom bits like non stock instruments etc. Got a full SS Yoshi for it and a solo seat conversion from Germany [}:)]

So all in all after paint etc, it should look and go well. Not in the same leauge as the gixxer but it should be a lot of fun when we are done with it.

As for the flame thrower.... Matt said I should fit it back on after rego :D But I resisted the temptation. Its for sale if your interested... $20 anyone ;)

Razorback
03-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Cheers mate...

Im in Mildura. Got the bandit shipped here. They made it look pretty good in the pictures [:o)] Its a lot rougher than it appears, but it runs well and with the 1340 kit and the dyna work Im happy with it.

Its currently getting all the gear on it for roadworthy but mostly custom bits like non stock instruments etc. Got a full SS Yoshi for it and a solo seat conversion from Germany [}:)]

So all in all after paint etc, it should look and go well. Not in the same leauge as the gixxer but it should be a lot of fun when we are done with it.

As for the flame thrower.... Matt said I should fit it back on after rego :D But I resisted the temptation. Its for sale if your interested... $20 anyone ;)

03-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Wotz withn the THOU? hunka shit if ya ask me,any of em`.

03-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Wotz withn the THOU? hunka shit if ya ask me,any of em`.

Razorback
04-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Fastest hunk o shit Ive ever ridden [^]

Razorback
04-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Fastest hunk o shit Ive ever ridden [^]

04-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Just what does the flame thrower entail mate?

04-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Just what does the flame thrower entail mate?

Razorback
05-10-2005, 08:34 AM
It was pretty tricky actually.

Button on the left hand bar that served to both let the gas into the collector pipe at the rear end and ignite a spark plug mounted back there. So basically you turned on the gas at the bottle.. start riding, press the first button to let some gas in, then the other button to ignite. BOOOOOM! 2m jet of flame out the back lol.

I have all the bits sitting in a pile on the shelf in the shed. I tried to keep it all as connected as possible. Anyone with a little knowhow could put it back together again (which leaves me out:D)

http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/mdclc/bandit3.jpg

Can see it in this one too.
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/mdclc/ACF2_big.jpg

Razorback
05-10-2005, 08:34 AM
It was pretty tricky actually.

Button on the left hand bar that served to both let the gas into the collector pipe at the rear end and ignite a spark plug mounted back there. So basically you turned on the gas at the bottle.. start riding, press the first button to let some gas in, then the other button to ignite. BOOOOOM! 2m jet of flame out the back lol.

I have all the bits sitting in a pile on the shelf in the shed. I tried to keep it all as connected as possible. Anyone with a little knowhow could put it back together again (which leaves me out:D)

http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/mdclc/bandit3.jpg

Can see it in this one too.
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/mdclc/ACF2_big.jpg

05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Hmmm, that sounds like it might be real fun in traffic :)

05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Hmmm, that sounds like it might be real fun in traffic :)

fimpBIKES
05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
i'd buy the flame thrower for $20!!!

fimpBIKES
05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
i'd buy the flame thrower for $20!!!

ozkat
05-10-2005, 05:58 PM
you can actually make a flame thrower for around the the price of a cheap spark plug. BLING!! on the street it would proberly match the neons and vast amounts of chrome. BLING BLING!!

ozkat
05-10-2005, 05:58 PM
you can actually make a flame thrower for around the the price of a cheap spark plug. BLING!! on the street it would proberly match the neons and vast amounts of chrome. BLING BLING!!

God
05-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey Razor,

What did the single seat conversion set you back?

God
05-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey Razor,

What did the single seat conversion set you back?

Razorback
06-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Just uner $300 shipped from Germany, which I was really happy with coz I had shopped around for a while and seen most of them over $500 out of the USA. It was fun communicating with the Germans to get it shipped but with any luck its in the post by now [8D]

Heres the guys I got it off... they sell lots of stuff and are happy to deal with Aussies direct.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004301035&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Also picked up these... which I have been looking for, for ages... Should look pretty tricky once fitted.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/9b/05/da_1_b.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8003732804&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Seller has in her listings that she doesnt ship outside UK... but she will if you ask nice ;)

If you goto Ebay UK and Germany... the amount of good priced streetfighter accesories is mindblowing. Just go do a search for "streetfighter" on UK or Germany and see.

Razorback
06-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Just uner $300 shipped from Germany, which I was really happy with coz I had shopped around for a while and seen most of them over $500 out of the USA. It was fun communicating with the Germans to get it shipped but with any luck its in the post by now [8D]

Heres the guys I got it off... they sell lots of stuff and are happy to deal with Aussies direct.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004301035&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Also picked up these... which I have been looking for, for ages... Should look pretty tricky once fitted.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/9b/05/da_1_b.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8003732804&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Seller has in her listings that she doesnt ship outside UK... but she will if you ask nice ;)

If you goto Ebay UK and Germany... the amount of good priced streetfighter accesories is mindblowing. Just go do a search for "streetfighter" on UK or Germany and see.

06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
But but but, they're pink!

Not gay are ya <s>mate</s> <s>bloke</s> umm whatever?

[}:)]

06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
But but but, they're pink!

Not gay are ya <s>mate</s> <s>bloke</s> umm whatever?

[}:)]

God
06-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Perhaps it's like a tough Triumph shade of pink - what's it called - err that's it Nuclear Red???

God
06-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Perhaps it's like a tough Triumph shade of pink - what's it called - err that's it Nuclear Red???

06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
i`ll come clean! I picked up a k5 thou the other day for a sevice & found it the most impressive production bike ive EVER ridden (including MV senna SPR & EVO3)loved every second of it!
wot i`m also impressed about is there was no barage of ANGRY posts

06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
i`ll come clean! I picked up a k5 thou the other day for a sevice & found it the most impressive production bike ive EVER ridden (including MV senna SPR & EVO3)loved every second of it!
wot i`m also impressed about is there was no barage of ANGRY posts

Razorback
07-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Well no sweety Im not gay.... but I once kissed a guy that was[:I]

They are PURPLE! At least thats what the description says...

Im leaving the frame yellow and having the rest of the bike in that deep metalic purple you see on ford utes now... So the grips should go well with that colour scheme.

Just haing trouble motivating the guys doing the work for me TO GET THE F$CK on with it.... they dont understand my urgency lol.

Razorback
07-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Well no sweety Im not gay.... but I once kissed a guy that was[:I]

They are PURPLE! At least thats what the description says...

Im leaving the frame yellow and having the rest of the bike in that deep metalic purple you see on ford utes now... So the grips should go well with that colour scheme.

Just haing trouble motivating the guys doing the work for me TO GET THE F$CK on with it.... they dont understand my urgency lol.

BOHEMION
07-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Tell em you'll go somewhere else and not give them the recognition one you get into magazine lol

BOHEMION
07-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Tell em you'll go somewhere else and not give them the recognition one you get into magazine lol

07-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, had a guy helping me with mine, fuck'd around heaps, so I just went around him, completed everything by the time he reckoned he could get started on things. You're project you're schedule, that's how it should work. And at least I can really say that I built my bike.

Fitted up a remote ignition/start today. Works tops! Now I Just have to figure out the best way of doing an autochoke and I'll be able to warm up the bike from inside on winter mornings. :)

07-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, had a guy helping me with mine, fuck'd around heaps, so I just went around him, completed everything by the time he reckoned he could get started on things. You're project you're schedule, that's how it should work. And at least I can really say that I built my bike.

Fitted up a remote ignition/start today. Works tops! Now I Just have to figure out the best way of doing an autochoke and I'll be able to warm up the bike from inside on winter mornings. :)

clairebear
07-10-2005, 04:32 PM
chalk, read your email and reply, or i'll be sleeping on the streets!

clairebear
07-10-2005, 04:32 PM
chalk, read your email and reply, or i'll be sleeping on the streets!

Razorback
08-10-2005, 07:36 AM
They arnt too bad they just dont have the same level of adrenalin charged angst over getting it on the road that I do. The main thing I need thier help with is rebuilding the wiring loom for the lights etc... My knowledge of that stuff sux![8)]

Id like to get the fram stripped and chromed, but cant really afford it right now so Ill save it for later. Should look ok with the purple and yellows anyway.

Razorback
08-10-2005, 07:36 AM
They arnt too bad they just dont have the same level of adrenalin charged angst over getting it on the road that I do. The main thing I need thier help with is rebuilding the wiring loom for the lights etc... My knowledge of that stuff sux![8)]

Id like to get the fram stripped and chromed, but cant really afford it right now so Ill save it for later. Should look ok with the purple and yellows anyway.

08-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Doesn't chroming the frame just make the metal more brittle?

Don't remember exactly how it works, but do remember people stearing clear of it.

08-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Doesn't chroming the frame just make the metal more brittle?

Don't remember exactly how it works, but do remember people stearing clear of it.

Razorback
10-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Hmm hadnt heard that.... but cant afford to do it anyway :D

Razorback
10-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Hmm hadnt heard that.... but cant afford to do it anyway :D