PDA

View Full Version : My bikes

Jaded
02-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Heres the last 3 bikes Ive owned.

The Katana (current)Ive since added tapered 'bars and painted the frame black. Looking to do more to it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/05080002.jpg

The Z750
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/02170002.jpg

The ZRX12
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/rearstandside.jpg

Zed14
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
hi james welcome to the forum mate.kat looks good.

Zed14
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
hi james welcome to the forum mate.kat looks good.

ozkat
02-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey Popcorn mate, that is a seriously sexy Kat. did you do the mods... front end/rear end? good to see another katanaphile on here. lookin good mate

ozkat
02-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey Popcorn mate, that is a seriously sexy Kat. did you do the mods... front end/rear end? good to see another katanaphile on here. lookin good mate

Gix11
02-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Nice bikes mate. You've done work to them all which is great. The Kat's had the treatment the most though. Looks smooth.

Gix11
02-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Nice bikes mate. You've done work to them all which is great. The Kat's had the treatment the most though. Looks smooth.

heridesfastbikes
02-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey Popcorn...... Where are the indicators mounted on ya ZRX? All bikes look the goods mate. Love your work.

heridesfastbikes
02-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey Popcorn...... Where are the indicators mounted on ya ZRX? All bikes look the goods mate. Love your work.

Jaded
03-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks all,

ozkat - I bought the Kat with the front end/rear wheel already on there. Ive just done some cosmetic things since Ive had it.

herides... - The front indicators are mounted on the bracket that the ZRX 'S' model fairing attaches to when its fitted.

Cheers

Jaded
03-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks all,

ozkat - I bought the Kat with the front end/rear wheel already on there. Ive just done some cosmetic things since Ive had it.

herides... - The front indicators are mounted on the bracket that the ZRX 'S' model fairing attaches to when its fitted.

Cheers

TurboKat
03-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Welcome Popcorn, you've got the 2 Key K ingredients there; Katana & Kawasaki, top man! That bronze Kat bodywork has been around in Vic for a while & you're right, it was featured in Streetbike mag #66 years ago, it was built by a mate of a mate of mine who sold it a few years back. (for summat like $6k - bargain!) It also gets a mention/pic on Ron's Balls tuning site.
The original bike had a Gixer monoshock rear by Bob Martin , that looks like the frontend (RGV?) off it too, shame to see it's been broken up for bits but it's good that some of it has found a good home. BTW. what's that pipe on the Zed?

TurboKat
03-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Welcome Popcorn, you've got the 2 Key K ingredients there; Katana & Kawasaki, top man! That bronze Kat bodywork has been around in Vic for a while & you're right, it was featured in Streetbike mag #66 years ago, it was built by a mate of a mate of mine who sold it a few years back. (for summat like $6k - bargain!) It also gets a mention/pic on Ron's Balls tuning site.
The original bike had a Gixer monoshock rear by Bob Martin , that looks like the frontend (RGV?) off it too, shame to see it's been broken up for bits but it's good that some of it has found a good home. BTW. what's that pipe on the Zed?

Jaded
03-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Hey Turbokat, thanks mate. The guy I bought mine off owns the original bike which he's currently doing more work on. It should look good when he finishes it from what Ive seen. I just hope he doesnt paint his gold too! Ive already has people come up and ask me if mine is the one in the mag which I dont like. I like my bikes to be my bikes so I might have to do something about that.

The Z750 pipe is a Termignoni. I got just under 6HP at the back wheel just by adding that slip on! I put a PCIII on it too but never had it dynoed again with it connected.

Cheers

James

Jaded
03-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Hey Turbokat, thanks mate. The guy I bought mine off owns the original bike which he's currently doing more work on. It should look good when he finishes it from what Ive seen. I just hope he doesnt paint his gold too! Ive already has people come up and ask me if mine is the one in the mag which I dont like. I like my bikes to be my bikes so I might have to do something about that.

The Z750 pipe is a Termignoni. I got just under 6HP at the back wheel just by adding that slip on! I put a PCIII on it too but never had it dynoed again with it connected.

Cheers

James

Razorback
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Wow that Katana is beautiful man!!

I have been riding road bikes since 1983 when I lied my as off to get an RG250 on finance and never looked back. Even back then all my mates around Perth had bigger bikes and one guy had just got a new Katana 1100!

He offered me to take it out for a lap of Perth as we all used to meet up and hang out the front of the "Aherns" store as it was then on a friday and saturday night. Well I got on it.. rode around town a little then went out for a quick loop on the freeway... I hit 3rd gear... crapped my pants and took it straight back...:D Ive wanted one ever since.

Somehow me and the Kat still havnt got together though. I got a VF750 after the RG then a GSXR750 then in 87 an 1100... and I have been on GSXR's basically ever since.. Just sold my 2002 1000 to buy a bandit (and a house... long story)

Anyway... now Im settled again I am definately gonna get a Kat in the stable very soon. Im still in love... and yours is a beauty ;)

Razorback
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Wow that Katana is beautiful man!!

I have been riding road bikes since 1983 when I lied my as off to get an RG250 on finance and never looked back. Even back then all my mates around Perth had bigger bikes and one guy had just got a new Katana 1100!

He offered me to take it out for a lap of Perth as we all used to meet up and hang out the front of the "Aherns" store as it was then on a friday and saturday night. Well I got on it.. rode around town a little then went out for a quick loop on the freeway... I hit 3rd gear... crapped my pants and took it straight back...:D Ive wanted one ever since.

Somehow me and the Kat still havnt got together though. I got a VF750 after the RG then a GSXR750 then in 87 an 1100... and I have been on GSXR's basically ever since.. Just sold my 2002 1000 to buy a bandit (and a house... long story)

Anyway... now Im settled again I am definately gonna get a Kat in the stable very soon. Im still in love... and yours is a beauty ;)