PDA

View Full Version : 1990 GSXR750 Bits

DCRacing
21-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I have a 1990 model GSXR750, it had a close encounter with a wall at Morgan Park and is now missing the front end, basically the forks need replacement. And i thought seeing as it is looking at an overhaul i might try to alter it a little and try to set it up as a street fighter type of thing.
Can anyone help out with some ideas and a few parts to get me on the right track.
Thanks James

DCRacing
21-09-2005, 06:52 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/TN_PICT0278.JPGa little example of what the walls at Warwick did to my bike.
I wasn't on it at the time but thats what you get when you lend bikes.

gibbo
21-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Bad luck mate, did you re arrange the front end of the guy that did it? Sorry can't help with any parts offhand, if you post a list I'd be willing to keep an eye out. Actually I just chcked your profile, I'm probably a bit to far south.

DCRacing
21-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Yes i thought very seriously about it i thought it was between friends and the golden rule stood between us (you bend it you mend it) but i was shown otherwise.
Took me 3 years to get over it. I swear i am over it. Seriously i am:(

Anyway the post is good for parts to get anywhere.
I am looking for a few ideas to set the bike, reading a few other posts and i like the idea of a turbo'd set up. i guess i need to talk to the bloke with that bike. the GSXF and GSXR aren't that different.... i think.
I will get a list toghether but the serious bits are the forks i think the rest i could setup or get straightened.
James

Gix11
21-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Yea mate, list what you want and I'll look out for you. There's a few of us on the Gold Coast so we'd have more luck than out Warwick way for getting bits. Is the frame ok? I mean the headstock isn't cracked or anything? If not all it looks like you need is a set of forks and a wheel. Are the triple clamps ok? Get yourself some Motorcross bars as motivation to get you started.

loosebruce
22-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Stewie at Aussie m'cycle spares(QLD)& Cam at City motorcycle spares (QLD),
Both helped me out with some 1100w gearbox bits.
Both switched on and willing to help.

DCRacing
22-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok all i really need at the moment is a set of forks the upside down type, the rest i can get straightened. i have several pairs of motocross bars so there is no need for motivation there, just the old bike straight and some ideas to set it up.

DCRacing
23-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the tip about the guys at the wreckers gave Stewie a call today, he know's his stuff.

DCRacing
24-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I have an issue.....
My carbs have gone walk about!
I know not a small thing to let out of your sight but the whole thing has been sitting for about 3 years and nothing been done to it and numerous other projects have come and gone out of the shed so who knows.
the question is would an 1100 set do the job or what and where can i get some?