PDA

View Full Version : E-Bay HEL seller

qickdraw
20-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Hey guys. Just a quick one for info -
I have read with interest on various forums about a guy selling HEL brakeline kits for bargain prices here in Oz (e-bay store Diverse deals). I have also just gotten off the 'phone with Simon from HEL who has informed me of the following -
1. The lines being sold are old (3 years old) stock that are NOT manufactured to current HEL ADR approved standards. These lines were part of a bulk order a long time ago & were thought to have disappeared long ago. HEL DID NOT make these lines to be sold in Australia.
2. The seller has incorrectly labeled many kits, meaning that no-one is guaranteed that their lines will actually fit. HEL has been dealing with a flood of complaints from customers who have purchased these kits only to find that they don't fit. THIS IS DANGEROUS.
If you really don't want to pay retail & don't care about stacking your bike (not to mention your own safety!) then I suppose you can take your chances, but when a 3 line kit sells for under $230 here in Oz (minus a further 10% with the OSB members+ discount!) & this guy sells dodgy gear for only $50 less I don't think there's really much to think about!
I don't for one minute suppose everyone reading this will believe everything I've said, so if you STILL need convincing call Simon at HEL on 0011 44 1392811601 or e-mail them at sales@helperformance.com
If anyone wants more info on the REAL HEL lines drop me an e-mail at -
stu@austreetfighter.com.au
or go to -
www.austreetfighter.com.au
Cheers,
Qickdraw
;)

questions/debate welcome....

Gix11
20-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Cheers for that Stu. That's some good info. I might be in for some lines off you soon mate as soon as I get my new triple clamps from Ben at Extreme Creations.

20-09-2005, 09:47 PM
most happy with my Hel lines from you Stu. saw these dodgey e-bay sales before buying mine and wasn't prepared to take the risk,as mentioned.
Austreetfighters,the only place to shop,for quality advice and outstanding product backup.even for a tool like me.Pleasure to do business with every time.
E-bay...$50 parts = $50 bike.

Gix11
20-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Now that's an equation even I can work out.

20-09-2005, 10:19 PM
thought i'd keep it simple just for you mate