PDA

View Full Version : ZXR 750 BITS NEEDED

TurboKat
19-09-2005, 10:06 PM
G'day all,
Anyone got a top end for a '93 - '95 Kawa ZXR 750 L?
Even a complete motor with fucked bottom end.
It's rideday season in Vic. & I gotta get off my arse & rebuild the thing ASAP or I'll miss out on all the fun.
While we're at it I also need a rear guard for a 1982 XR 500 RC & a magneto cover for a 1979 Suzy TS 250.

Deano
20-09-2005, 07:47 AM
turbokat

cant help with the bits but i am doing a ride day on the 7th of october at PI you gunna be there?
I booked in a superbike school corning and braking coarse and they were giving away a free ride day with it

Zed14
20-09-2005, 11:46 AM
i have a couple of 1981 z 750 engines you could buy and you wont even have to put that radiator back on.

TurboKat
20-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Nah Deano, I doubt it'll be together by then & I need the funds for the GP a week later (alcohol & drugs are xpensive you know;))
If my mates are going I'll be there to help out & probly blag a ride on one of their bikes but won't have the ZXR there.
I'm looking at having it all happening by early Nov.
What sort of times are you doing 'round there?

Deano
20-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Mate it will be my first time but hopfully not my last

i will be happy to get around in one piece

anything below 5 minutes will be fast for me!

Deano
20-09-2005, 05:08 PM
drugs and alcohol are nearly cheaper than fuel now days

TurboKat
20-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Deano, prepare for 4.45 kilometers motorcycling nirvana. There is NOTHING better than a high speed lap of the most beautiful strip of bitumen that is Phillip Island, & I mean NOTHING - not sex with Pamela/Paris/Kylie/Angelina/Me, not free beer, not 5 mins in a soundproof room with a traffic cop & a set of knuckle dusters, not even polished aluminium is that good - you get the picture.
Free ride day with a course - that's a good deal, I've never done one of them but mates who have are heaps quicker when I've ridden with 'em after the course & they rave about it.
You'll have a ball mate, be sure to tell us all how it goes eh?

Gix11
20-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Those courses are awesome. I mentioned to Deano before how i got given a course at Donnington back in the early '90's because a mate owed me some money and gave me a ticket to that instead of the money. Consequently he paid me back 10 fold on what he owed me! You keep it in your head forever and it's got me out the shit many times.

20-09-2005, 10:16 PM
i have a complete motor,but she is reluctant to give up her bottom end.i'll sell her to you for uuum,hold on,i'll pay you to take her off my hands.but be warned,she pulls like a train. what was the question again?

Deano
21-09-2005, 07:53 AM
i will keep you informed

might invest is a set of oggy knobs tho just to be safe

do any of you guys have oggy knobs on your Gixxers if so where did you mount them?

Deano
22-09-2005, 05:18 PM
N

Deano
22-09-2005, 05:29 PM
i will try again

just filling out the form for PI ride day and they want to know the noise level of my bike.
fucked if i no

i ring them up
so they said "we will test at several points as you go around the track, a drive by test at 30m no more than 95db"

me says - "so what happens if my bike is louder than that"
they say - "one warning then we ask you to leave the track"

no refund no nothing

I ring up the muffler joint and they say that they get the request all the time to test bikes and cars for track days.

the bit that sucks is that there is no real way of simulating the test accurately

I am booked in saturday morning for an "educated guess" of the noise level of my bike.

i ride down the road at full niose and a guy stands 30m off the road with the db metre and we see what happens.

fucken fun police shit me to tears.

TurboKat
22-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Don't stress yourself Deano, they don't actually have any test equipment at schools or trackdays, they hafta say they do to satisfy the track requirements. Official word from Brouggy himself is that if you roll up on a supercharged twin engined 'Busa with 6" open megaphones, they'll ask you to shut it up, but in his words - "I've yet to see any sort of bike at one of these days with any sort of aftermarket muffler that was offensively loud" Just do what we do & put 75 db on the form, they never querie it. I went through this whole sordid affair as a member of PIARC when I used to race cars there years ago. The whole noise thing is a PC gesture by Phillip Island Motor Sports to satisfy the fucking whining, snivelling piece of shit Smiths Beach Residents Group (Smiths Beach Estate is directly across the water from the Southern Loop, about 1.5 km away) who are continually lobbying to have the track shut down because - get this, you won't believe it - "on days with EASTERLY WINDS, motor vehicle noise is audible within the Smiths beach estate". And we are talking BARELY audible - I've actually checked it out myself during a Sports Sedan race & it's barely a hum. The biggest joke of all is that the Smiths beach estate was built AFTER the track was reopened in 1989 so it's not like they didn't know there was a fucking racetrack there when they decided to buy their little piece of paradise - fuckin arseholes, I'd napalm the whole fuckin joint if I had my way. Rant over - pass the valium.
In summing up (your honour) unless the can on your bike is 6" long & 4" I.D. you got nuthin to worry about, Brouggy runs on common sense - a very rare & admirable quality these days.

Deano
23-09-2005, 08:43 AM
they said to me that they test the noise level at 3 or 4 points around the track one of those being down pit straight.

will see how i go tomorrow with the simulated test

Deano
23-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Just had a customer come in that races cars around PI and he got told to get off the track twice last season because his car was to noisey

turned out to be the induction noise from the webber carbs and not the exhaust.

TurboKat
24-09-2005, 01:37 AM
Yeah, that's the same drama I had when I raced my RX7, Rotors are real loud on the exhaust as well as the induction (IDA Weber). To solve the problem, I made up a cold air box & ran a Supertrapp muffler across the rear bumper - problem solved. They used to have ONE DB meter at state level race meets to satisfy the council, the last trackday I did down there was in Feb. & they had no DB test then, If what they're telling you is true (I suspect it's a bluff) & they really do have 4 meters, then they must've really tightened things up. Still, a big 4 with an aftermarket can shouldn't see anywhere near 95 DB so I still reckon you'll be sweet.

Deano
26-09-2005, 08:15 AM
The result

standard epa static noise test @ 5000rpm 105db

30m drive by at nearly full noise 90db

i should be fine.

God
26-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Way to go Deano!

If my dodgy recollections of 1st year uni accoustic engineering subject is correct, then a 3db difference equals a doubling of the noise level and given std legal noise is 92db(?), you're about 16 times louder than legal. Woo-hoo!! Keep up the good work!

Deano
26-09-2005, 01:58 PM
only 16 times?

well it cant be that loud, i got pulled up by the ever so friendly Mr plod on the weekend.

didn't say a thing about the zorst but did mention that my idicator lenses don't meet aust standards tho.
just doing a licence check but was really intrested in what i had done to my bike and how etc.
was just hoping he didn't look to hard as he would still be there on the side of the road writing tickets.

Nate
26-09-2005, 09:03 PM
there is some top end parts on ebay item no.4577325578 4 hrs to go for 15.50
time this was posted 9.05

TurboKat
07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Howja go Deano, [?]
Are you slidin' it out of the Southern Loop now? [8D]
Backin' it into Honda? :)
Pullin' straight-length wheelies? [:p]
I bet you can't get the smile off your face eh? :D
You had good weather for it today. [:0]
Tell us all how good it was. [V]

Deano
10-10-2005, 01:29 PM
that was the best fun i have had with my cock in my pants.

the track was wet in spots for the first outing as it was raining all the way driving down to the track.

was put into the slow group as it was my first track day, they normally have 3 groups apparently but only 2 this time as there was also 2 racer only groups

by the end of the day i was having a blast. i could only manage about 230 down the straight (aerodymanics are not on my side) so the R1 crew flew past me down the straights.

i was very suprised as to how many people have big expensive powerful bikes yet cant ride for shit (even i passed some of them)

ended up doing a best lap time of 2.05

once i get the 1100 donk back together then hopfully i will be able to keep up better with the litre bikes down the straight.

as for sliding it out of southern loop - not yet - but did roll on he power to quick out of turn 11 and slid the back end probably about 10mm but felt like 3 foot

will definatly be doing more track days in the future, it was great fun around an awesome track.

Deano
10-10-2005, 01:34 PM
by the way the veyor kept cutting out so i turned it of after the first lap.
I had no tacho, shift light or gear indicator

just a mate timing me with his mobile phone stop watch