PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injection on GSXR1100

Deano
19-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I may be biting off more than i can chew but do any of you guys have any ifo of this.

exben - i hear you have injected a few carby bikes before.

but the key is i am not intrested in a custom everything $8000 system

i was thinking gsxr throttle bodies
and something like this for the ecu

http://www.diyautotune.com/

any ideas

Benz
19-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Deano,
I don't know how much you know about the subject, so bear that in mind mate:)
There's a heap of info available on the Megasquirt FI, but from what I've gathered , [mainly from the 750Turbo site], most guys have given up on that avenue, and gone over to using the Power Commander system, with excellent results.
There is a wiring diagram on site, and may help you, although the turbo group fires all four at once, every 360deg, and you might want to use sequential fire, in which case you need different wiring, and more sensors to get independant fire. The '84 turbo and GPZ1100 use low impedence injectors which are not compatable with the PC, so later model high impedence injectors are the first step. You can use Nissan items,[from an RB30?] or grab a throttlebody/ fuel rail system from a 636Kwaka or even a later model Suzi 600/750 rail will supply enough fuel for your 1100,as the injectors are not using all their duty cycle[again the 750site has this stuff on it].
Do you have enough battery/alternator for a high pressure fuel pump, and computer. The old turbo does NOT run well with a low battery, I suspect any computer system would be the same.This is a link to ONE of the raves about it, there's plenty more where that came from
http://p200.ezboard.com/f750turbofrm23.showMessage?topicID=1.topic
Good Luck:D

Benz
19-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Deano,
I don't know how much you know about the subject, so bear that in mind mate:)
There's a heap of info available on the Megasquirt FI, but from what I've gathered , [mainly from the 750Turbo site], most guys have given up on that avenue, and gone over to using the Power Commander system, with excellent results.
There is a wiring diagram on site, and may help you, although the turbo group fires all four at once, every 360deg, and you might want to use sequential fire, in which case you need different wiring, and more sensors to get independant fire. The '84 turbo and GPZ1100 use low impedence injectors which are not compatable with the PC, so later model high impedence injectors are the first step. You can use Nissan items,[from an RB30?] or grab a throttlebody/ fuel rail system from a 636Kwaka or even a later model Suzi 600/750 rail will supply enough fuel for your 1100,as the injectors are not using all their duty cycle[again the 750site has this stuff on it].
Do you have enough battery/alternator for a high pressure fuel pump, and computer. The old turbo does NOT run well with a low battery, I suspect any computer system would be the same.This is a link to ONE of the raves about it, there's plenty more where that came from
http://p200.ezboard.com/f750turbofrm23.showMessage?topicID=1.topic
Good Luck:D

Benz
19-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry mate,
What a load of bollocks that previous post was.......the PC3 only works if you've already got a computer on board[xx(]
If you could get your hands on an old GPZ1100 computer, and loom, you'd be in business. There should be lots of them about, most people removed them, and replaced with carbs. Darwin Motorcycle Wreckers have a few sets of throttle bodies, and some computers stashed way deep in their archives, I know 'cause I'm the one that uncovered them!Of course you'd still need late model injectors to operate the PC3, if you chose to go that route...
Apart from that I think I'll shutup now:(

Benz
19-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry mate,
What a load of bollocks that previous post was.......the PC3 only works if you've already got a computer on board[xx(]
If you could get your hands on an old GPZ1100 computer, and loom, you'd be in business. There should be lots of them about, most people removed them, and replaced with carbs. Darwin Motorcycle Wreckers have a few sets of throttle bodies, and some computers stashed way deep in their archives, I know 'cause I'm the one that uncovered them!Of course you'd still need late model injectors to operate the PC3, if you chose to go that route...
Apart from that I think I'll shutup now:(

Deano
19-09-2005, 05:18 PM
thanks for the link mate
i will check it out.

i now a bit about how FI works but at the same time i am willing to learn and my time costs me nothing.

Deano
19-09-2005, 05:18 PM
thanks for the link mate
i will check it out.

i now a bit about how FI works but at the same time i am willing to learn and my time costs me nothing.

loosebruce
22-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Might be worth checking how close a hayabusa or gsxr system is and bolt on holus bolus.

loosebruce
22-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Might be worth checking how close a hayabusa or gsxr system is and bolt on holus bolus.

Deano
22-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Thats what i would like to do

need to get myself to wreckers i think.

Deano
22-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Thats what i would like to do

need to get myself to wreckers i think.

EXBEN
22-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Deano GSXR 1000 throtle bodies sit at 80mm pitch spacing,I dunno what the 1100 spacings are, you'll need to get the rubber manifolds with the t/bodies ( & make some adaptors)as they are larger Diameter than your's,I know a bloke thats trialing one of those Diy EFI things so I'll let you know how he goes.

EXBEN
22-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Deano GSXR 1000 throtle bodies sit at 80mm pitch spacing,I dunno what the 1100 spacings are, you'll need to get the rubber manifolds with the t/bodies ( & make some adaptors)as they are larger Diameter than your's,I know a bloke thats trialing one of those Diy EFI things so I'll let you know how he goes.

Deano
23-09-2005, 08:35 AM
that will be sweet mate
intrested to see how he gets on
will measure the spacings today and see how close they are.

Deano
23-09-2005, 08:35 AM
that will be sweet mate
intrested to see how he gets on
will measure the spacings today and see how close they are.

Deano
23-09-2005, 12:41 PM
1100w has 44mm inlet rubber diameters
spacings are 85mm

Deano
23-09-2005, 12:41 PM
1100w has 44mm inlet rubber diameters
spacings are 85mm