PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis tyres?

ozkat
17-09-2005, 05:06 PM
anyone ever used Maxxis tyres? the are a fair bit cheaper than the other sportsbike tyres. i went out to buy new tyres today and nearly shit myserlf at some of the prices. anyway the maxxis one are about $110 cheaper per rear than the Dunlop Brigestone etc.

17-09-2005, 06:23 PM
i can get you cheap Avons mate,well cheaper than most bike shops buy em for anyway.they dont last very long but fuck they're a good tyre. as for maxxis,not sure on road tyres but theyre a popular mx tyre.depends how hard ya wanna go i guess.im runnin pilot rear and more than happy with it,but it lets go sooner than the avon

17-09-2005, 06:23 PM
i can get you cheap Avons mate,well cheaper than most bike shops buy em for anyway.they dont last very long but fuck they're a good tyre. as for maxxis,not sure on road tyres but theyre a popular mx tyre.depends how hard ya wanna go i guess.im runnin pilot rear and more than happy with it,but it lets go sooner than the avon

fimpBIKES
17-09-2005, 06:46 PM
maxxis make sweet MTB and BMX tyres
my guess would be that they wouldnt suck

what rear were you looking at?
what size?

fimpBIKES
17-09-2005, 06:46 PM
maxxis make sweet MTB and BMX tyres
my guess would be that they wouldnt suck

what rear were you looking at?
what size?

ozkat
17-09-2005, 06:50 PM
180/55/17 fimp. just normal stuff really.

ozkat
17-09-2005, 06:50 PM
180/55/17 fimp. just normal stuff really.

17-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Mickey Thompson makes a good straight line highway bike tyre.:D

17-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Mickey Thompson makes a good straight line highway bike tyre.:D

18-09-2005, 06:17 PM
:Ddepends on ya terminal velocity[}:)]mate
BT54 is my advise:)PRECICE;)12-15k:D
affordable (rear only)[^]

18-09-2005, 06:17 PM
:Ddepends on ya terminal velocity[}:)]mate
BT54 is my advise:)PRECICE;)12-15k:D
affordable (rear only)[^]

God
19-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey Ozkat,

I always did really well with Michellin Macadam/Pilot Road, etc on the old ZZR-1100.
Never the cheapest but brilliant value b/c of the mileage offered.
I'd av. between 8,000km (general commute/having some fun) to 20,000km+ (old fart touring).

God
19-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey Ozkat,

I always did really well with Michellin Macadam/Pilot Road, etc on the old ZZR-1100.
Never the cheapest but brilliant value b/c of the mileage offered.
I'd av. between 8,000km (general commute/having some fun) to 20,000km+ (old fart touring).

BOHEMION
19-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I used to use Maxxis tyres on my rally car a few years ago, I also used em on my Go kart. I am currently using Maxxis road tyres for the car as well and I had a maxxis Rear for the KDX125, Lasted for ages in the enduro scene. But when ridnig hard out they would wear fast.

BOHEMION
19-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I used to use Maxxis tyres on my rally car a few years ago, I also used em on my Go kart. I am currently using Maxxis road tyres for the car as well and I had a maxxis Rear for the KDX125, Lasted for ages in the enduro scene. But when ridnig hard out they would wear fast.

Tony Nitrous
19-09-2005, 02:00 PM
About to get a pair of "Michelin Pilot Powers"
put on the Busa when i can get down there,
Not sure how long they will last?
I only got 4,000k's out of the stock tyres,
but then again I dont get out to play very often so its not that important, GRIP is !

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
19-09-2005, 02:00 PM
About to get a pair of "Michelin Pilot Powers"
put on the Busa when i can get down there,
Not sure how long they will last?
I only got 4,000k's out of the stock tyres,
but then again I dont get out to play very often so its not that important, GRIP is !

Tony.

19-09-2005, 09:49 PM
I love the subject of tyers:)Puppet you seem to know wot to do with one[:0]spesh on the front mate[:o)]my most FAVE is the 208[:p]when strapped to my PUTT PUTT bow[xx(]
DAVO wot did ya get outa that AVON up da "OX" 890 klm & it was[V][?]
There is a lot of variations that apply to how ya bike does it`s thing & tyres are a MAJOR parrt of that equation.Michelin back then in the 90`s were a devoted player with the brand "S" so that is a good staring point[:X]
Dont ask me,i use old tyers[:I]

19-09-2005, 09:49 PM
I love the subject of tyers:)Puppet you seem to know wot to do with one[:0]spesh on the front mate[:o)]my most FAVE is the 208[:p]when strapped to my PUTT PUTT bow[xx(]
DAVO wot did ya get outa that AVON up da "OX" 890 klm & it was[V][?]
There is a lot of variations that apply to how ya bike does it`s thing & tyres are a MAJOR parrt of that equation.Michelin back then in the 90`s were a devoted player with the brand "S" so that is a good staring point[:X]
Dont ask me,i use old tyers[:I]

19-09-2005, 10:04 PM
almost...640klm's. not bad for a rear tyre. the avon might not last long but i know i can trust em,unlike the pilot,which steps out predictably whenever ya open the throttle. problem with my avons is they're fresh off the boat and rubber hasn't had time to cure. it was bright blue when i finished with it.

19-09-2005, 10:04 PM
almost...640klm's. not bad for a rear tyre. the avon might not last long but i know i can trust em,unlike the pilot,which steps out predictably whenever ya open the throttle. problem with my avons is they're fresh off the boat and rubber hasn't had time to cure. it was bright blue when i finished with it.

Gix11
19-09-2005, 10:52 PM
I seem to have gone full circle back to the dual compound Bridgestone Batlax. They always seem to do the business and last. I got through a set of full soft Dunlops in a matter of weeks once and learnt my lesson, the reality is there's a lot of straight roads out there that end up eating tyres at the 140 cruise mark and a lot of hard take offs being done......

Gix11
19-09-2005, 10:52 PM
I seem to have gone full circle back to the dual compound Bridgestone Batlax. They always seem to do the business and last. I got through a set of full soft Dunlops in a matter of weeks once and learnt my lesson, the reality is there's a lot of straight roads out there that end up eating tyres at the 140 cruise mark and a lot of hard take offs being done......

krok18
24-03-2006, 03:01 AM
How about shinko tires $150 USD delivered to door. Read a lot of good reviews and a few bad ones. Let me know what you think

Krok18

krok18
24-03-2006, 03:01 AM
How about shinko tires $150 USD delivered to door. Read a lot of good reviews and a few bad ones. Let me know what you think

Krok18

24-03-2006, 12:01 PM
What ever happened to Pirelli Phantoms?

I liked the Phantoms, stuck like shit to a blanket, surely some cheap Chinese factory somewhere could do replica's

24-03-2006, 12:01 PM

I liked the Phantoms, stuck like shit to a blanket, surely some cheap Chinese factory somewhere could do replica's

Foxy
24-03-2006, 03:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by krok18

Krok18
Stay away from 'em is my advice......great as a set for old fart touring warm up nicely and last quite well but on the twisties I used to run out of rubber and then had the occasional over heating problem too.

Foxy
24-03-2006, 03:18 PM

Krok18
Stay away from 'em is my advice......great as a set for old fart touring warm up nicely and last quite well but on the twisties I used to run out of rubber and then had the occasional over heating problem too.

Large
24-03-2006, 03:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

I think the new Ducati Sports are coming out with those as oem

Large
24-03-2006, 03:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

I think the new Ducati Sports are coming out with those as oem

sluglie
24-03-2006, 03:37 PM

Krok18

great tyre depending what you get, 05 rear and 03 front, havnt had a problem with them squirming or slipping (even with95 footpounds of torque at the rear wheel) some people dont like em but others love em

(one thing about them is tyre pressure is pretty critical with these things, gotta keep a check on it regularly)

unfortunately opinions on tires are like arseholes everyones got one and most peoples stink, one mans meat is another mans poison, just gotta find something YOU are happy with

sluglie
24-03-2006, 03:37 PM

Krok18

great tyre depending what you get, 05 rear and 03 front, havnt had a problem with them squirming or slipping (even with95 footpounds of torque at the rear wheel) some people dont like em but others love em

(one thing about them is tyre pressure is pretty critical with these things, gotta keep a check on it regularly)

unfortunately opinions on tires are like arseholes everyones got one and most peoples stink, one mans meat is another mans poison, just gotta find something YOU are happy with

loosebruce
24-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I run pilot powers on my GSXR1100(warm up much better than p/sports in Canberra winter and heaps better in the wet).
A mate has em on an 05 blade and reckons they step out a bit suddenly in the rear.
My old GS1000 has a pair of Pirelli MT09 match, awesome grip considering the size of contact patch, nice round profile, good feedback.
Anybody heard anything about Dunlop Qualifiers?

loosebruce
24-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I run pilot powers on my GSXR1100(warm up much better than p/sports in Canberra winter and heaps better in the wet).
A mate has em on an 05 blade and reckons they step out a bit suddenly in the rear.
My old GS1000 has a pair of Pirelli MT09 match, awesome grip considering the size of contact patch, nice round profile, good feedback.
Anybody heard anything about Dunlop Qualifiers?