PDA

View Full Version : Indicator Spacing

Tathagata
09-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Fitting some LED indicators to the missus' bike and apparently here in canberra you need to have at least 300mm from inside edge to inside edge...

just wondering if anyone knows how particular the cops are about this kind of thing, they are currently about 220mm and I dont want to have to stuff around making them wider.

09-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Haven't noticed the local plod taking any notice in it?

I'm catching up with some Kawasaki guys for a Cotter run on Sunday I'll check with them.

What are you guys riding?

09-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Haven't noticed the local plod taking any notice in it?

I'm catching up with some Kawasaki guys for a Cotter run on Sunday I'll check with them.

What are you guys riding?

Deano
09-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Ignorance is bliss mate

wouldn't even think twice about it.
if the best the cops can do after checking over you bike is give you a ticket for blinker spacings then i would be happy with that.

Deano
09-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Ignorance is bliss mate

wouldn't even think twice about it.
if the best the cops can do after checking over you bike is give you a ticket for blinker spacings then i would be happy with that.

09-09-2005, 05:08 PM
How's trick's Deano?

09-09-2005, 05:08 PM
How's trick's Deano?

Gix11
09-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Mate! 80mm? They'd have to be keen as to get a ruler out and measure that. I wouldn't think twice about it. I ran no indicators for 3 years and got pulled over about 3 times in that period for all sorts of mischeif but they never once had a go at the indicators or no rego showing. 9 out of 10 cops don't have a clue about bike laws, you probably know more!

Chalky. I'm really sorry to ask such a fucked question on our website mate but are you any good with SQL queries with Access databases? I put it here in case any other programmers might have any knowledge as well....

Gix11
09-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Mate! 80mm? They'd have to be keen as to get a ruler out and measure that. I wouldn't think twice about it. I ran no indicators for 3 years and got pulled over about 3 times in that period for all sorts of mischeif but they never once had a go at the indicators or no rego showing. 9 out of 10 cops don't have a clue about bike laws, you probably know more!

Chalky. I'm really sorry to ask such a fucked question on our website mate but are you any good with SQL queries with Access databases? I put it here in case any other programmers might have any knowledge as well....

09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Yea, Access, SQL Server, Oracle, what do you need?

09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Yea, Access, SQL Server, Oracle, what do you need?

Gix11
09-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Do you wanna do it on here or a personal email? Best off with email. I'll use your profile link.

Gix11
09-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Do you wanna do it on here or a personal email? Best off with email. I'll use your profile link.

09-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Go for it

Unless it's something exceptionally complicated then shouldn't take too much effort.

09-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Go for it

Unless it's something exceptionally complicated then shouldn't take too much effort.

09-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Boh is the man Gix,he's a walkin cyber techno enthusiust.i get lost about 2 words into a conversation with him.

09-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Boh is the man Gix,he's a walkin cyber techno enthusiust.i get lost about 2 words into a conversation with him.

Tathagata
10-09-2005, 10:57 AM
thanks for the help guys. Ill leave them as is and see how it goes.

My partners bike is a VTR250. I threw it down the track being a dick and so had it repainted by redback, got it home and it just didnt look right, so Ive taken the chance to mod it up a bit :)
My ride is a Busa, Ill do that one day when Ive got some money. Still deciding wether to do him up ('99 model) or just sell it and buy a new one.

Tathagata
10-09-2005, 10:57 AM
thanks for the help guys. Ill leave them as is and see how it goes.

My partners bike is a VTR250. I threw it down the track being a dick and so had it repainted by redback, got it home and it just didnt look right, so Ive taken the chance to mod it up a bit :)
My ride is a Busa, Ill do that one day when Ive got some money. Still deciding wether to do him up ('99 model) or just sell it and buy a new one.

10-09-2005, 03:43 PM
How much did Redback hit you for the paint job mate?

10-09-2005, 03:43 PM
How much did Redback hit you for the paint job mate?

Tathagata
12-09-2005, 09:41 AM
All up it was about $2000. That was for a nice candy red paintjob, seat recovered, few dings here and there punched out and a new staintune muffler.
Pretty fair price IMHO plus I think Paul is the ducks guts. He does an awesome job. Painted an different bike of mine once before. The job on the VTR is just incredible.

Tathagata
12-09-2005, 09:41 AM
All up it was about $2000. That was for a nice candy red paintjob, seat recovered, few dings here and there punched out and a new staintune muffler.
Pretty fair price IMHO plus I think Paul is the ducks guts. He does an awesome job. Painted an different bike of mine once before. The job on the VTR is just incredible.

12-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah I went round there once for a Suzuki paint job

The guy quoted like he thought he was Leonardo Da Vinci.

12-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah I went round there once for a Suzuki paint job

The guy quoted like he thought he was Leonardo Da Vinci.

Tathagata
12-09-2005, 01:33 PM
he is :)

Honestly, when I first had a bike taken to him I enquired around and was told he is the best in Canberra. Now I believe it.
He may charge a bit more, dunno, I didnt get quotes for the VTR. But I am happy with what I paid for it all.

With my last bike he colour matched exactly and that was without any numbers or help. We coudlnt find the correct colour anywhere so he had to get it all on his own. He also painted the pin stripes by hand as the originals were too hard to source and too costly. No matter how hard you looked you couldnt pick the new paint job from the old. The only way to tell was the original pin stripes were raised, the painted ones were lower...you could only tell by running your finger along them.

If you see a candy red VTR and a black/red Busa riding around, stop us and check out the work on the baby bike, its bloody good.

On top of it all he is a good and honest bloke. If I have to then Id rather pay him a little more for good honest work than some of these other bloody snakes around who may do it cheaper.

Thats why I take my bike to TJ's for tyres, he may not be cheaper, but he knows his shit and is honest.

Tathagata
12-09-2005, 01:33 PM
he is :)

Honestly, when I first had a bike taken to him I enquired around and was told he is the best in Canberra. Now I believe it.
He may charge a bit more, dunno, I didnt get quotes for the VTR. But I am happy with what I paid for it all.

With my last bike he colour matched exactly and that was without any numbers or help. We coudlnt find the correct colour anywhere so he had to get it all on his own. He also painted the pin stripes by hand as the originals were too hard to source and too costly. No matter how hard you looked you couldnt pick the new paint job from the old. The only way to tell was the original pin stripes were raised, the painted ones were lower...you could only tell by running your finger along them.

If you see a candy red VTR and a black/red Busa riding around, stop us and check out the work on the baby bike, its bloody good.

On top of it all he is a good and honest bloke. If I have to then Id rather pay him a little more for good honest work than some of these other bloody snakes around who may do it cheaper.

Thats why I take my bike to TJ's for tyres, he may not be cheaper, but he knows his shit and is honest.

12-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Used to go to TJ's (I knew Hal from the Uni bar before he bought the place), off and on for 20 years, and then got stuffed around for weeks on some springs, so haven't been back since.
Joe's out at Fyshwick spoke highly of Redback, but 1500 to paint a prepped GSX110EF full fairing was just ridiculous.
Normally I go to Joe's, they got me the 'correct' springs in 2 days, and I've been a customer of Joe's since 86'.
Unfortunately they've become a yamaha dealer in recent times.
Which part of ACT do ya ride in. I'm on a blue GPz900r, with the fairing ripped off (but I'm hanging onto the gearsack til the last moment) and some fightering being done to it, Weston area, pull us over any time.
LooseBruce, another Canberran from here, is interested in a ride at some stage as well.

12-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Used to go to TJ's (I knew Hal from the Uni bar before he bought the place), off and on for 20 years, and then got stuffed around for weeks on some springs, so haven't been back since.
Joe's out at Fyshwick spoke highly of Redback, but 1500 to paint a prepped GSX110EF full fairing was just ridiculous.
Normally I go to Joe's, they got me the 'correct' springs in 2 days, and I've been a customer of Joe's since 86'.
Unfortunately they've become a yamaha dealer in recent times.
Which part of ACT do ya ride in. I'm on a blue GPz900r, with the fairing ripped off (but I'm hanging onto the gearsack til the last moment) and some fightering being done to it, Weston area, pull us over any time.
LooseBruce, another Canberran from here, is interested in a ride at some stage as well.

Tathagata
13-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Live in Chisholm and work in Deakin, so during the week Im riding between the two.
I organise plenty of rides, generally every second weekend, but I pretty much just ride whenever I want and let everyone know, sometimes I get a bunch of people along, sometimes its just me and a mate *shrugs* I dont mind either way, hehe.

We usually ride to the coast, my favourite route is through Bombala and down the Imlay road, then back up through the back of Bombala. But we change regularly. Did the brown mountain and back up the clyde the other weekend.
Sometimes we will go through Kangaroo Valley. Sometimes we will go up to Murrumbateman.
Summer coming and so more alpine rides will be on the cards.

We get all sorts along, from my missus on her twofitty to a good mate on his roadstar and a few (including me) scratchers...its all good :)

Mate if you want to join in sometime send me a line and Ill add you to the mailing list.
There are no rules or anything on the ride, we meet up and announce the next town for a stop, then you do what you want :)

Tathagata
13-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Live in Chisholm and work in Deakin, so during the week Im riding between the two.
I organise plenty of rides, generally every second weekend, but I pretty much just ride whenever I want and let everyone know, sometimes I get a bunch of people along, sometimes its just me and a mate *shrugs* I dont mind either way, hehe.

We usually ride to the coast, my favourite route is through Bombala and down the Imlay road, then back up through the back of Bombala. But we change regularly. Did the brown mountain and back up the clyde the other weekend.
Sometimes we will go through Kangaroo Valley. Sometimes we will go up to Murrumbateman.
Summer coming and so more alpine rides will be on the cards.

We get all sorts along, from my missus on her twofitty to a good mate on his roadstar and a few (including me) scratchers...its all good :)

Mate if you want to join in sometime send me a line and Ill add you to the mailing list.
There are no rules or anything on the ride, we meet up and announce the next town for a stop, then you do what you want :)

23-09-2005, 03:17 PM
How's trick's tathagata?

Went to send you an email, but no address.

If you send me one I'll respond to it.

Regards

MarkC

23-09-2005, 03:17 PM
How's trick's tathagata?

Went to send you an email, but no address.

If you send me one I'll respond to it.

Regards

MarkC