PDA

View Full Version : 88 slabfighter

Benz
07-09-2005, 05:28 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/gixxer angle.jpg
My daily rider '88 GSXR1100 with 2mm oversize high comp pistons,[out to 1108cc] 36mm CV's off '96 GSXF750, cable clutch set-up from the same donor. Standard headlight setup, but higher and further back,trimmed and mounted to the forks.Bars are mounted to the top triple, via a pair of risers.

Looking for a '91 frame and tank to convert this lot to a 7/11 with 17' wheels, with a better, more comfortable '95 arse end [thanks Deano].
I might get lucky, there's a '91` wreck in Darwin somewhere with my name on the frame and tank , just got to catch up with the dude.
It's not pretty!!,and handles like a Kenworth, but who cares with all that bottom end grunt:D

Zed14
07-09-2005, 07:28 PM
what burb are you in benzine. my kids live in nightcliff i am coming up for a couple of days in nov. we could meet up then.

Zed14
07-09-2005, 07:28 PM
what burb are you in benzine. my kids live in nightcliff i am coming up for a couple of days in nov. we could meet up then.

Benz
07-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm in Wanguri, about ten minutes from Nightcliff, be good to meet up mate!

Benz
07-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm in Wanguri, about ten minutes from Nightcliff, be good to meet up mate!

07-09-2005, 07:58 PM
careful Benz,rexie rides a Kenworth.

07-09-2005, 07:58 PM
careful Benz,rexie rides a Kenworth.

Gix11
07-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Nice Benz. I like simple and I like black. Winning combo mate. Can't help you with the bits, but I'll keep my eye out. I know there's a '89 750 tank down the local wreckers (or at least there was 3 weeks ago) but they don't have the keys for the fuel cap. They wanted $100 for it.

Gix11
07-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Nice Benz. I like simple and I like black. Winning combo mate. Can't help you with the bits, but I'll keep my eye out. I know there's a '89 750 tank down the local wreckers (or at least there was 3 weeks ago) but they don't have the keys for the fuel cap. They wanted $100 for it.

pottsy
18-09-2005, 06:00 PM
thats its wickid mate. exactly what i want to do (though prob wiv a 750) only thing i don't like about the old gixers the bench seat. how hard is it to graft a moden subframe wiv a nice seat a pillion pad.?
just going on looks. that seat is prob more practical of course!

pottsy
18-09-2005, 06:00 PM
thats its wickid mate. exactly what i want to do (though prob wiv a 750) only thing i don't like about the old gixers the bench seat. how hard is it to graft a moden subframe wiv a nice seat a pillion pad.?
just going on looks. that seat is prob more practical of course!

Benz
18-09-2005, 08:24 PM
I Hear ya!,
These slabby seats are NOT for touring! I've cut the tip of the saddle off [near the rear of tank], so there's a bit more room for the team!!I got a '95 model rear end from a site member..Deano[er gidday mate!]
It's a bit tricky where the tank meets the later model plastic, so I'm gonna use a later L model mainframe, and tank,and [hopefully] blend the two, [three?]models together,the later model subframes bolt up, and the seat is far more realistic than the '88 plank!
That way if it all comes together I'll have decent seat,AND it will look a hell of a lot better, not too crazy about the slabby styling, but '89-'91 on they improved heaps.
Love it all the same:)

Benz
18-09-2005, 08:24 PM
I Hear ya!,
These slabby seats are NOT for touring! I've cut the tip of the saddle off [near the rear of tank], so there's a bit more room for the team!!I got a '95 model rear end from a site member..Deano[er gidday mate!]
It's a bit tricky where the tank meets the later model plastic, so I'm gonna use a later L model mainframe, and tank,and [hopefully] blend the two, [three?]models together,the later model subframes bolt up, and the seat is far more realistic than the '88 plank!
That way if it all comes together I'll have decent seat,AND it will look a hell of a lot better, not too crazy about the slabby styling, but '89-'91 on they improved heaps.
Love it all the same:)