PDA

View Full Version : WTB - SRAD onwards GSXR750 front end

MCBR
04-09-2005, 06:43 PM
As the title suggests, im after a complete front end from preferably a SRAD GSXR750 (only because i would think it would be the cheapest?)
Anyone got one they would like to sell or know some one who does?

restoride
07-09-2005, 01:19 AM
crash repair or upgrade?

Gix11
07-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I'd be checking the BIKE TRADER magazine and see ing what the wreckers have at the back. They might also give you some leads to who might have them. These kind of front ends are really popular with builders so I doubt if anyone on this site will have one spare, but you never know!

MCBR
07-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Its for my SV650, it looks like the US might be the place to get one but i'll keep trying local wreckers

Deano
08-09-2005, 05:29 PM
ok i have done the home work for you

on ebay at the moment is a pair of 2002 GSXR 1000 forks (i am sure i am not the only one watching this item)
I rang the guy and they belong to bob martin Engineering (somone didn't collect them). they also have top and bottom triple clamps to suit the forks. i spoke to shane there (these guys straightned my forks) and he said that there is 9 people watching the item but no bids yet. if you are the winner ask about the triple clamps. as they do frame and fork straightning he has checked the forks for straightness and said they are fine.
when i spoke to him he throught a figure around of $600 for the forks and triples - absolute bargin.
once you buy the forks you then send me an email and i will give you a phone number of a guy in NSW who had a pair of 2002 gsxr1000 rims and tyres on ebay complete with discs and sprocket. i spoke with him today and the buyer hasn't got in contact with him therefore if they will be back on the market by tomorrow night. He wanted $700 for the pair.
For the balance of calipers, spindle and guard - ebay
hope this helps.

MCBR
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
$600!!!!!!!!!!! damn thats cheap.
I know for a fact that the 750 forks/triples fit with a steering head bearings plate (dont know exactly what that is, but its readily available from the US). Do you know if these bits from the thou are the same?
Sorry, bit of a noob in all this.

Deano
09-09-2005, 04:14 PM
not sure if it will fit but thats the joy of streetfighters

i work for a bearing company mate so if you need info on head stem bearing sizes let me know