PDA

View Full Version : Not another fucking newbie!

TurboKat
31-08-2005, 12:06 AM
G'day chaps (& chapettes), been lurking for a week or so & decided it was time to post something. I'm building an '82 1100 Katana (amongst others - 12 bikes in total & yes I'm taking something for it!;):)) & my mate Shane is sourcing bits for his '88 Gixer 7/11 project. We thought we were the only ones in OZ who knew what a SF was, now we've discovered this group we feel less like motorcyclings social outcasts, it's nice to be in such poor company! Judging by his posts on Oldskool Suzy, I'm having some of the same issues as OZKAT with turbo selection/setup - more on that later. I'll probly end up joining that group as well 'coz there is a lot more info on the old air cooled stuff over there. Speaking of the UK, what an unbelievable custom bike scene they have over there. Like some of the guys on this list, I hang out for my copy of Streetfighters mag & I can't believe the quality & quantity of the specials they build & the amount of events they put on, if they had half decent weather, I reckon i'd move there - or maybe not. Anyway, we're in the great state of Mexico & would be keen to hookup with other SF operators for discreet & fun times - oops, wrong group - I mean rides & shit. How many people on this list are going to the Rossi benefit in Oct? That'd be a good place to get together over a few substances eh? BTW how can I/we get hold of one of them "Put it on my tab" T shirts? they're fuckin gold. I'm at work at the mo' so I'll hafta cut it short but have lotsa questions, etc so as the big fella says - "I'll be back" Cheers, Darren. (dmorcomb@alphalink.com.au):) These smiley things are sweet!

31-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Welcome mate And at the risk of sounding reptitive

Piccies, piccies, where's piccies?

31-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Welcome mate And at the risk of sounding reptitive

Piccies, piccies, where's piccies?

Gix11
31-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Nice one mate. That's the shit we wanna hear. I'm sure you'll get a shout out from DEANO, FOXY, HORNET BOY, GIBBO and all the other VIC guys soon mate.

You'll see heaps of 'Fighters over in England if you ever go, that's why they're so bloody good, they gotta stay ahead of each other! But then there's the German's, they go one further. If you want to experience the whole euro scene at one venue just go to the Isle of Mann TT event, you'll be in heaven.

As for the shirts mate - go to the home page of this site and click on GEAR on the right. You'll get a better view and details. Once you've decided you're up for one, give me a shout - webmaster@streetfighters.com.au and I'll check stock and sort you out. Oh, and by the way, welcome to the madness......

Gix11
31-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Nice one mate. That's the shit we wanna hear. I'm sure you'll get a shout out from DEANO, FOXY, HORNET BOY, GIBBO and all the other VIC guys soon mate.

You'll see heaps of 'Fighters over in England if you ever go, that's why they're so bloody good, they gotta stay ahead of each other! But then there's the German's, they go one further. If you want to experience the whole euro scene at one venue just go to the Isle of Mann TT event, you'll be in heaven.

As for the shirts mate - go to the home page of this site and click on GEAR on the right. You'll get a better view and details. Once you've decided you're up for one, give me a shout - webmaster@streetfighters.com.au and I'll check stock and sort you out. Oh, and by the way, welcome to the madness......

Foxy
31-08-2005, 12:12 PM
G'day, G'day....
Finally another Vic :D:D

Keep an eye on this thread.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=504

I go out riding regularly with other groups, but hopefully the Vic streetfighters can get something happening

Foxy
31-08-2005, 12:12 PM
G'day, G'day....
Finally another Vic :D:D

Keep an eye on this thread.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=504

I go out riding regularly with other groups, but hopefully the Vic streetfighters can get something happening

Deano
31-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Welcome aboard mate
where bouts you located?
be great if you could make the 18th september.
sounds like the kat will be a handfull.
if your mate is chasing gixer bits it may be worth posting what he requires.
some of the guys here run that model so if they don't have the bits they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Deano
31-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Welcome aboard mate
where bouts you located?
be great if you could make the 18th september.
sounds like the kat will be a handfull.
if your mate is chasing gixer bits it may be worth posting what he requires.
some of the guys here run that model so if they don't have the bits they may be able to point you in the right direction.

ozkat
31-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Got the turbo sorted now. not set up , but at least i know what direction im going in. let me know if you need any info. im no expert but ill help anyway i can. are you going draw through or blow through. Superchargers are an option im also looking into now.

ozkat
31-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Got the turbo sorted now. not set up , but at least i know what direction im going in. let me know if you need any info. im no expert but ill help anyway i can. are you going draw through or blow through. Superchargers are an option im also looking into now.

gibbo
31-08-2005, 06:36 PM
G'day Turbo, nice to see another vic onboard. Seems to be a few getting down to the island in oct, I'll be there for 4-5 days myself. Where in vic are you mate?

gibbo
31-08-2005, 06:36 PM
G'day Turbo, nice to see another vic onboard. Seems to be a few getting down to the island in oct, I'll be there for 4-5 days myself. Where in vic are you mate?

puppet
31-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Fuck off Ozkat, blow through or suck through? The only blow through you'd do would be through your Lovesock that you keep under your pillow that you use when having sex, generaly on your own.

puppet
31-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Fuck off Ozkat, blow through or suck through? The only blow through you'd do would be through your Lovesock that you keep under your pillow that you use when having sex, generaly on your own.

TurboKat
31-08-2005, 09:06 PM
G'day again lads & lassies. first up, thanx for the welcome, it's nice to be among like minded brethren. I'll get some pics up asap Chalky, but I must admit to being a bit of a novice with all things computer related. I can generally get shit done but I have to fuck it up a few times first so bear with me. Yeah Gix, It's been a dream of mine to get to the TT one day, I'm not much of a traveller though, tend to spend my $ on other (motorised) stuff & I'm only on wages at the mo' so there's not much to spare - it might take me 'til I'm 50 but I'll get there one day, I'd love to do a lap on mad Sunday with all the other loons, you gotta die of something right! Like Foxy I have ridden with a couple of clubs - touring club (good, fast rides) & eastern subs mob (drinking club with a motorcycling problem) but to tell you the truth, I'm not much of a club type person really & custom stuff is really where my heart is so I'm definatley keen to do some SF rides. I'm in Mt.Waverley Deano, I have a standing arrangement with half a dozen mates for the Expo thing every year but I'll be able to talk them into broadening their horizons no drama, I'll keep an eye on the thread for meeting places, times, etc so count me in. I'm only shooting for about 200 hp with the Kat so I won't be spending a fortune on forgies, APE studs, Carillos, etc. I've had turbo cars in the past & I just wanna experience that power rush on a bike that only forced induction can give. I've had half a dozen Katanas over the years all modified in some way but this one will be pretty wild when I finish it - can't wait! The biggest thing that my mate Shane is chasing is an 1100 motor at the right price, the 750J he's got is a complete rider as it is & he's got quite a few good bits already (6 spots, Ohlins rear, Renthals, twin spots, etc.) so once he gets an 1100 lump we can really get fired up on it. (I'll be doing most of the fabrication, setup, etc.) I'll need to discuss turbo tech with you OZ, but that'll hafta be a separate post as it's likely to be lengthy. I'm using draw thru but only 'coz I've already got the Mr Turbo plenum & carb. You're looking at blowers now? I defntly need to hear about that! 4 or 5 days at the Island Gibbo! are you going to be marshalling or something? We camp trackside so we should be there at some stage on Fri a.m. I'll have one of them ASF t shirts by then so should be easy to spot. Are you guys organising somewhere to meet up? Keep me posted. Phew! I've never typed anything so long in all my life. I'm at work again so I'll get back on later.
Keep on truckin.

TurboKat
31-08-2005, 09:06 PM
G'day again lads & lassies. first up, thanx for the welcome, it's nice to be among like minded brethren. I'll get some pics up asap Chalky, but I must admit to being a bit of a novice with all things computer related. I can generally get shit done but I have to fuck it up a few times first so bear with me. Yeah Gix, It's been a dream of mine to get to the TT one day, I'm not much of a traveller though, tend to spend my $ on other (motorised) stuff & I'm only on wages at the mo' so there's not much to spare - it might take me 'til I'm 50 but I'll get there one day, I'd love to do a lap on mad Sunday with all the other loons, you gotta die of something right! Like Foxy I have ridden with a couple of clubs - touring club (good, fast rides) & eastern subs mob (drinking club with a motorcycling problem) but to tell you the truth, I'm not much of a club type person really & custom stuff is really where my heart is so I'm definatley keen to do some SF rides. I'm in Mt.Waverley Deano, I have a standing arrangement with half a dozen mates for the Expo thing every year but I'll be able to talk them into broadening their horizons no drama, I'll keep an eye on the thread for meeting places, times, etc so count me in. I'm only shooting for about 200 hp with the Kat so I won't be spending a fortune on forgies, APE studs, Carillos, etc. I've had turbo cars in the past & I just wanna experience that power rush on a bike that only forced induction can give. I've had half a dozen Katanas over the years all modified in some way but this one will be pretty wild when I finish it - can't wait! The biggest thing that my mate Shane is chasing is an 1100 motor at the right price, the 750J he's got is a complete rider as it is & he's got quite a few good bits already (6 spots, Ohlins rear, Renthals, twin spots, etc.) so once he gets an 1100 lump we can really get fired up on it. (I'll be doing most of the fabrication, setup, etc.) I'll need to discuss turbo tech with you OZ, but that'll hafta be a separate post as it's likely to be lengthy. I'm using draw thru but only 'coz I've already got the Mr Turbo plenum & carb. You're looking at blowers now? I defntly need to hear about that! 4 or 5 days at the Island Gibbo! are you going to be marshalling or something? We camp trackside so we should be there at some stage on Fri a.m. I'll have one of them ASF t shirts by then so should be easy to spot. Are you guys organising somewhere to meet up? Keep me posted. Phew! I've never typed anything so long in all my life. I'm at work again so I'll get back on later.
Keep on truckin.

31-08-2005, 09:21 PM
pure comedy. Welcome to ASF(australia's sloppiest fuck) turbokitty. thar be a few of us bent units attending the island shin-dig so i rekon the shirts might stand out.I'll be the one on the podium(dancing) at the end of the weekend.:D

31-08-2005, 09:21 PM
pure comedy. Welcome to ASF(australia's sloppiest fuck) turbokitty. thar be a few of us bent units attending the island shin-dig so i rekon the shirts might stand out.I'll be the one on the podium(dancing) at the end of the weekend.:D

TurboKat
31-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Onya Davo, I just might join you on the podium, I'll probly be well hammered enough - ya gotta get into the spirit of the event after all!

I tell you one thing I piss & moan about every year, why the fuck don't they let bikes into the circuit like they do at the Supers, I'm told it has to do with the different governing body of GPs not allowing the PI management to do it but I suspect it is a public liability/arse coverage/political correctness/alien conspiracy thing. If I could only go to 1 event a year, you can bet both of them it'd be the Supers. It's a better vibe anyway & you can do wheelies, donuts, skids, etc & show off your trick ride & perve at others at the same time. There are so few custom/modified bikes around that you can really stand out from the crowd. Such is life.

TurboKat
31-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Onya Davo, I just might join you on the podium, I'll probly be well hammered enough - ya gotta get into the spirit of the event after all!

I tell you one thing I piss & moan about every year, why the fuck don't they let bikes into the circuit like they do at the Supers, I'm told it has to do with the different governing body of GPs not allowing the PI management to do it but I suspect it is a public liability/arse coverage/political correctness/alien conspiracy thing. If I could only go to 1 event a year, you can bet both of them it'd be the Supers. It's a better vibe anyway & you can do wheelies, donuts, skids, etc & show off your trick ride & perve at others at the same time. There are so few custom/modified bikes around that you can really stand out from the crowd. Such is life.

31-08-2005, 11:07 PM
when i win lotto i will build a special streetfighter race track that will attract millions of punters from all over the cuntry just so we can show off. did some work for the ex-boss of coca-cola a few years back,he built himself a house with a big deck that extended out over the start finish line of his own personal 2.5klm $2million race track,with all the trimmings(including bikes,ferrari's,go-karts and full pit crew).it was at Central Mangrove on the Central coast of NSW,in the middle of no-where. took the old glass truck for a spin around the circuit and i was inspired to build the same 1 day.

31-08-2005, 11:07 PM
when i win lotto i will build a special streetfighter race track that will attract millions of punters from all over the cuntry just so we can show off. did some work for the ex-boss of coca-cola a few years back,he built himself a house with a big deck that extended out over the start finish line of his own personal 2.5klm $2million race track,with all the trimmings(including bikes,ferrari's,go-karts and full pit crew).it was at Central Mangrove on the Central coast of NSW,in the middle of no-where. took the old glass truck for a spin around the circuit and i was inspired to build the same 1 day.

Deano
01-09-2005, 05:41 PM
I went to the supers for the first time this year and throurght it was great
i like that you could ride around the track - saved the legs.
was intresting to see that my 11 year old $3000 streetfighter got way more attention than the masses of new $18000 GSXRs and R1s.
I even heard about a bunch of mods that my bike had that were never done.
Some guys have no fucking idea!

Deano
01-09-2005, 05:41 PM
I went to the supers for the first time this year and throurght it was great
i like that you could ride around the track - saved the legs.
was intresting to see that my 11 year old $3000 streetfighter got way more attention than the masses of new $18000 GSXRs and R1s.
I even heard about a bunch of mods that my bike had that were never done.
Some guys have no fucking idea!

Deano
01-09-2005, 05:42 PM
just had a thourght

Gix was telling me about a guy up his way that was doing Gixxer 1100 motors for very reasonable money.
it may be worth looking into?

Deano
01-09-2005, 05:42 PM
just had a thourght

Gix was telling me about a guy up his way that was doing Gixxer 1100 motors for very reasonable money.
it may be worth looking into?

TurboKat
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanx Deano, what's the story Gix?

TurboKat
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanx Deano, what's the story Gix?

Gix11
02-09-2005, 10:38 PM
It was actually a wreckers in Brisbane. I rang about a 8000km engine he had and he wanted $2k but had just sold it, then he said he had a 25,000km engine and he'd do it for a grand. I'll see if I can find his details if you're interested. He was getting them imported from Japan....

Gix11
02-09-2005, 10:38 PM
It was actually a wreckers in Brisbane. I rang about a 8000km engine he had and he wanted $2k but had just sold it, then he said he had a 25,000km engine and he'd do it for a grand. I'll see if I can find his details if you're interested. He was getting them imported from Japan....

gibbo
03-09-2005, 01:50 AM
Hey Gix, I'd be be interested in a 1100 mate, whats the caper?

gibbo
03-09-2005, 01:50 AM
Hey Gix, I'd be be interested in a 1100 mate, whats the caper?

03-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Gibbo,i dropped into a place 2day i been buying from for years & an old friend was at the counter,blah blah blah.He`d just bought the joint.they import as well.I got my last lump for 2 LARGE with 18,000 jap K`s on her!
Steve is his name or Mick is switched on, parts@motorcyclewreakers.com
Tell him ya know me (Sean) & he`ll charge ya more.

03-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Gibbo,i dropped into a place 2day i been buying from for years & an old friend was at the counter,blah blah blah.He`d just bought the joint.they import as well.I got my last lump for 2 LARGE with 18,000 jap K`s on her!
Steve is his name or Mick is switched on, parts@motorcyclewreakers.com
Tell him ya know me (Sean) & he`ll charge ya more.

gibbo
06-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Mundy,sent off an email to the guys at vic m/c wreckers re 1100, none in stock at the moment. Thanks for the tip off mate.

gibbo
06-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Mundy,sent off an email to the guys at vic m/c wreckers re 1100, none in stock at the moment. Thanks for the tip off mate.

God
06-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Hey Gibbo,

If you haven't already seen it. Presently on ebay Bandit 12 motor, carbies etc asking $2,500.

Call 0412 577 052. Locality listed as Mittagong. Engine is presently installed in 85 Gixxer 750 frame - one of the ASF guys?

God
06-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Hey Gibbo,

If you haven't already seen it. Presently on ebay Bandit 12 motor, carbies etc asking $2,500.

Call 0412 577 052. Locality listed as Mittagong. Engine is presently installed in 85 Gixxer 750 frame - one of the ASF guys?

TurboKat
06-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey Gix, was that mob Gold Coast M/C wreckers in Slacks Creek? I found an ad for 'em in Just Bikes mag & they have pics of a few different big lumps at the bottom of their ad ('Busa, 'Bird, ZX9, Gix 11, etc) & it says "big motor sale" I gave the ad to my mate & he's gunna call 'em. Does anyone know if the 1052 & 1127 motors are physically the same? It's going in an '88 semfitty. I'm assuming we'll need headers, CDI, & carbs, no airbox needed (pods) what about the loom? any difference? Shane is an Autolec so no drama with wiring but if we can find out any differences, it might save us hours of chasing our tails. What else do we need to know about 7/11 conversions? Word on the street is you hafta drop the motor to get the cam cover off, true or false?

TurboKat
06-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey Gix, was that mob Gold Coast M/C wreckers in Slacks Creek? I found an ad for 'em in Just Bikes mag & they have pics of a few different big lumps at the bottom of their ad ('Busa, 'Bird, ZX9, Gix 11, etc) & it says "big motor sale" I gave the ad to my mate & he's gunna call 'em. Does anyone know if the 1052 & 1127 motors are physically the same? It's going in an '88 semfitty. I'm assuming we'll need headers, CDI, & carbs, no airbox needed (pods) what about the loom? any difference? Shane is an Autolec so no drama with wiring but if we can find out any differences, it might save us hours of chasing our tails. What else do we need to know about 7/11 conversions? Word on the street is you hafta drop the motor to get the cam cover off, true or false?

Gix11
07-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Yea, that's the guy mate. As for cam cover, Mundy reckons he has a way of getting it off without dropping the motor. I've got a 7/11 in the garage but Ozkat did the work before i bought it off him so I'm not sure. J7/11 and Mundy both built theirs and ride 'em. They'll tell you.

Gix11
07-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Yea, that's the guy mate. As for cam cover, Mundy reckons he has a way of getting it off without dropping the motor. I've got a 7/11 in the garage but Ozkat did the work before i bought it off him so I'm not sure. J7/11 and Mundy both built theirs and ride 'em. They'll tell you.

ozkat
07-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Turbokat ive done 1 7/11 and assisted in another. im not 100% sure but im pretty sure you can use the 750 headers im 99%sure about that. yes use the 1100 cdi cause it has a lower rev limiter but i know of quite a few blokes using 750 cdi on 1100s. you may not even have to change your carbs some 1100s came out with 36mm, 38mm, and 40mm. so if your 750 has those carbs you can jet them to suit. as for cam cover removal i couldnt take mine off without dropping the front of the engine about an inch. but its no big drama really. Mundy is the man to talk about that part to.

ozkat
07-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Turbokat ive done 1 7/11 and assisted in another. im not 100% sure but im pretty sure you can use the 750 headers im 99%sure about that. yes use the 1100 cdi cause it has a lower rev limiter but i know of quite a few blokes using 750 cdi on 1100s. you may not even have to change your carbs some 1100s came out with 36mm, 38mm, and 40mm. so if your 750 has those carbs you can jet them to suit. as for cam cover removal i couldnt take mine off without dropping the front of the engine about an inch. but its no big drama really. Mundy is the man to talk about that part to.

TurboKat
07-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanx Your Majesty :D

TurboKat
07-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanx Your Majesty :D

07-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Oz forgot to mention,he won the over 40's burnout class,called Burnt Out.:D

07-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Oz forgot to mention,he won the over 40's burnout class,called Burnt Out.:D

07-09-2005, 09:04 PM
RUN the 750 ignition!(sorry Oz) drop the 750 inlet cam on the 1100 block (88)"instant chain pull" & if ya can use the 750 head! only prob is that ya may have to change the alterator drive gear slightly diff? (but check for fitting)
YES ya can service the top end & not move the donk.

07-09-2005, 09:04 PM
RUN the 750 ignition!(sorry Oz) drop the 750 inlet cam on the 1100 block (88)"instant chain pull" & if ya can use the 750 head! only prob is that ya may have to change the alterator drive gear slightly diff? (but check for fitting)
YES ya can service the top end & not move the donk.