PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!

28-08-2005, 04:13 PM
yes you all know that mindy OOPs mundy:)didn`t make it to Coffs[xx(] & that NO ONE enjoys working on F$^%&*&^%%K`n electrics.It feels like it drops a coil YES i can hear you from here & it is #1/4.Warm it up, ride along,heat,drops a side.Keep going pull 1/4 leads off,no change.GOTTA BE A COIL RGHT? Well I have 4 DYNA coils & have swapped the lot.Still 1/4[}:)]
New plugs,leads,carbs spotless,tank spotless,petrol,resistance on all parts read fine.[}:)][}:)][}:)]
Is this the CDI ppls[?] & will a dyna box not FRY in 6 months?Now I know that these things get water in them after washing ya bike,thats why i siliconed the bastard up,even the jacks
HELP[?]

28-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Dont bother,bye!

28-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Dont bother,bye!

Nate
09-09-2005, 09:56 PM
some parts like your pick ups/source coil might test ok but under load will fail sounds like a pick up is failing what bike is it i could ring head tech and find out

Nate
09-09-2005, 09:56 PM
some parts like your pick ups/source coil might test ok but under load will fail sounds like a pick up is failing what bike is it i could ring head tech and find out

11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Mate,thanks for ya reply? I have replaced the pick-ups,plugs,leads,coils,igniter,output 14.68v @5000 rpm,3.6 omh. carbs spotless,loom fine.
petrol tin & matches,READY
Mate suzuki will not help you,yool have to fax them a requisition form & then in return yool recieve rhetoric!
For the record 88 7/11. 750 ignition. cheers!

11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Mate,thanks for ya reply? I have replaced the pick-ups,plugs,leads,coils,igniter,output 14.68v @5000 rpm,3.6 omh. carbs spotless,loom fine.
petrol tin & matches,READY
Mate suzuki will not help you,yool have to fax them a requisition form & then in return yool recieve rhetoric!
For the record 88 7/11. 750 ignition. cheers!

11-09-2005, 06:05 PM
What mods have you made to this thing Mundy?

11-09-2005, 06:05 PM
What mods have you made to this thing Mundy?

loosebruce
11-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Possibles bad earth?, Valve clearances?, Have you tested resistances when hot.
Had an old kwaka trail bike that was going fine, on the way to work, 1 morn stopped, no start, kicked and kicked the fuckn thing. Abandon at servo and hitch to work.Got a lift back to it after work,2 kicks, off she goes.Got nearly 1/2 way home,STOPPED, abandon in ditch at side of road,hitched home. get trailer,retreive.
The coil inside the stator was getting hot and somehow would short.Tested fine when cold.
Replace no worries.
All this happened a cuppla months ago, friggin obsolete technology.

loosebruce
11-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Possibles bad earth?, Valve clearances?, Have you tested resistances when hot.
Had an old kwaka trail bike that was going fine, on the way to work, 1 morn stopped, no start, kicked and kicked the fuckn thing. Abandon at servo and hitch to work.Got a lift back to it after work,2 kicks, off she goes.Got nearly 1/2 way home,STOPPED, abandon in ditch at side of road,hitched home. get trailer,retreive.
The coil inside the stator was getting hot and somehow would short.Tested fine when cold.
Replace no worries.
All this happened a cuppla months ago, friggin obsolete technology.