PDA

View Full Version : Bike modelling software

11-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi guys, what, if any, software do guys use to check out mods/paint etc before actually trying them on bikes?

Gix11
11-08-2005, 12:22 PM
If I had the time and the effort to do it I would use Photoshop mate. It's the only way. If you find the picture of a back end you want to stick on your bike in a mag or from a brochure, scan it into your computer and then print it out. Take that print out to your bike and copy the exact position of the printed bike with your bike (ie. they are pointing the same way, you're at the same height and if you're a really flash bastard, the lighting the same direction). Then put both pictures into Photoshop and start chopping them up and sticking them together. "Jobs a good 'un". As for paint jobs, if it's a simple single colour change (ie. red to black) select the magic wand tool in Photoshop and then click SELECT SIMILAR. It selects all the red in the bike. After that go to the image adjustments, Hue/saturation (quickest method) and just change the colour of your bike! Easy.

Gix11
11-08-2005, 12:22 PM
If I had the time and the effort to do it I would use Photoshop mate. It's the only way. If you find the picture of a back end you want to stick on your bike in a mag or from a brochure, scan it into your computer and then print it out. Take that print out to your bike and copy the exact position of the printed bike with your bike (ie. they are pointing the same way, you're at the same height and if you're a really flash bastard, the lighting the same direction). Then put both pictures into Photoshop and start chopping them up and sticking them together. "Jobs a good 'un". As for paint jobs, if it's a simple single colour change (ie. red to black) select the magic wand tool in Photoshop and then click SELECT SIMILAR. It selects all the red in the bike. After that go to the image adjustments, Hue/saturation (quickest method) and just change the colour of your bike! Easy.

11-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Cool! thanks mate

11-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Cool! thanks mate

12-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah,but if I model it first then I (hopefully) won't have to spend as much time 'tooling' around in the shed.[8)]

Unlike some eh Davo ;)

And I'd rather get it done somewhat quickly, instead of spending 12 months playing garage queen eh mate [8D]

Not that I'm casting any aspersions on you and you're mates, and you're overnight 'handlebar conversions'. It's a very tricky job, best done with care and attention, shiny chrome tools, lots of lubricants etc etc............. ;)

Nope I woudn't do that to ya mate :D

12-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah,but if I model it first then I (hopefully) won't have to spend as much time 'tooling' around in the shed.[8)]

Unlike some eh Davo ;)

And I'd rather get it done somewhat quickly, instead of spending 12 months playing garage queen eh mate [8D]

Not that I'm casting any aspersions on you and you're mates, and you're overnight 'handlebar conversions'. It's a very tricky job, best done with care and attention, shiny chrome tools, lots of lubricants etc etc............. ;)

Nope I woudn't do that to ya mate :D

12-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Feck, what happened to Davo's post?

It was quite funny.

And I spent half the night thinking up my response................gipped

12-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Feck, what happened to Davo's post?

It was quite funny.

And I spent half the night thinking up my response................gipped

Gix11
12-08-2005, 09:50 AM
I thought you were talking to yourself there mate! What happened?

Gix11
12-08-2005, 09:50 AM
I thought you were talking to yourself there mate! What happened?

12-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Davo put a post up taking the piss, all about getting the hardware not software, and not being the sharpest tool in the shed

and by the trime i'd written out my response his post had gone.

Davo didn't remove it because he's all of a sudden decided to be Mr Nice has he?

That really would be a shame :)

12-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Davo put a post up taking the piss, all about getting the hardware not software, and not being the sharpest tool in the shed

and by the trime i'd written out my response his post had gone.

Davo didn't remove it because he's all of a sudden decided to be Mr Nice has he?

That really would be a shame :)

Gix11
12-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Davo IS Mr.Nice mate, apart from when he gets his grass cut by Huddo.....

Gix11
12-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Davo IS Mr.Nice mate, apart from when he gets his grass cut by Huddo.....

12-08-2005, 12:20 PM
ok i'll put it back.software,ya want hardware. are you the sharpest tool in your shed chalk?hahaha:D;). ok you may respond now.

12-08-2005, 12:20 PM
ok i'll put it back.software,ya want hardware. are you the sharpest tool in your shed chalk?hahaha:D;). ok you may respond now.

14-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Oh, finally came up with a response:):):)

..... [?]

...... [8)]

Bugger, I've forgotten it [:I][:I][:I]

14-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Oh, finally came up with a response:):):)

..... [?]

...... [8)]

Bugger, I've forgotten it [:I][:I][:I]

26-08-2005, 07:56 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/GPz900R STUBBY2.JPG

OK MS Paint 101: Get a better graphics package.

But wadda ya reckon anyways, something along these lines perhaps?

With a few more goodies than that though.

26-08-2005, 07:56 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/GPz900R STUBBY2.JPG

OK MS Paint 101: Get a better graphics package.

But wadda ya reckon anyways, something along these lines perhaps?

With a few more goodies than that though.

Gix11
26-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Chalky. Been busy mate! That's the shit. Nice one mate. Just need to kick that arse end up a bit. We wanna see some clearance. If you can't see the full perimetre of the back wheel you' ve gotta try harder.

Gix11
26-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Chalky. Been busy mate! That's the shit. Nice one mate. Just need to kick that arse end up a bit. We wanna see some clearance. If you can't see the full perimetre of the back wheel you' ve gotta try harder.

26-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Bit of remoulding of those side covers should help there, and maybe a lower profile rear tyre.

If I put on an USD front end with a 17" wheel I'll probably have to raise the rear a bit as well.

26-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Bit of remoulding of those side covers should help there, and maybe a lower profile rear tyre.

If I put on an USD front end with a 17" wheel I'll probably have to raise the rear a bit as well.