PDA

View Full Version : 900ss frame fix

cjburns esq
25-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Can any one reccomend a frame person to strengthen the area behind the steering head bearings on my 900SS Ducati?
I have been replacing frames to date but getting fairly sick of that.
I'm located in Sydney, any hints or help greatly appreciated.

ozkat
25-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Mr.Burns...:D why do you have to keep replacing frames? what year 900ss do you have? surley there must be an underlying problem, do you keep throwing it down the road? or does the ss produce so much power it twists the frame? Bob Martin braced a couple of my Kat frames in the past.... gotta be a reason for the frame prob tho.

ozkat
25-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Mr.Burns...:D why do you have to keep replacing frames? what year 900ss do you have? surley there must be an underlying problem, do you keep throwing it down the road? or does the ss produce so much power it twists the frame? Bob Martin braced a couple of my Kat frames in the past.... gotta be a reason for the frame prob tho.

25-07-2005, 06:31 PM
94-97 HAD shit FRAMES[V]
bob has left us i think OZ??
find ya self a decent engineer & talk to them[:I]

25-07-2005, 06:31 PM
94-97 HAD shit FRAMES[V]
bob has left us i think OZ??
find ya self a decent engineer & talk to them[:I]

gibbo
25-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Bob has departed but the business is still operating out of the same premises. Apparently by his son.

gibbo
25-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Bob has departed but the business is still operating out of the same premises. Apparently by his son.

25-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Laurie Alderton, Frame straightening, rim repairs, 2/10 Long St, Smithfeild NSW
2164, 02 9609 2889

This guy has been around for a long time, should be right up on your problem.

I'm thinking of getting a frame built to order by this guy myself.

25-07-2005, 08:03 PM
2164, 02 9609 2889

cjburns esq
24-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Apologies for the delay in responding, work, beer, spanners excuses etc.
Yeah Bob was the guy I was originally put on to and rumour had it that he has hung up his jacket permanently.
Ozkat, in answer to your question the 94-97 as Mad said had shit frames. If you are really hard on the brakes they crack the frame behind the triple clamp on the top frame tubes. I have cracked about 4 so far and last time the frame was replaced under the life of the bike frame warranty and cost me >$700 to have fitted. Can't do it yourself or the warranty is then void.
Time to find a frame guy to fix it and Bob was the best, but he isn't around any more.
cheers,
CJ

cjburns esq
24-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Apologies for the delay in responding, work, beer, spanners excuses etc.
Yeah Bob was the guy I was originally put on to and rumour had it that he has hung up his jacket permanently.
Ozkat, in answer to your question the 94-97 as Mad said had shit frames. If you are really hard on the brakes they crack the frame behind the triple clamp on the top frame tubes. I have cracked about 4 so far and last time the frame was replaced under the life of the bike frame warranty and cost me >$700 to have fitted. Can't do it yourself or the warranty is then void.
Time to find a frame guy to fix it and Bob was the best, but he isn't around any more.
cheers,
CJ

cjburns esq
31-08-2005, 12:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

2164, 02 9609 2889

I spoke to Laurie and he was very vague about the whole thing. He didn't even know that the 900SS frames crack under general use. Any one else we can try?

cjburns esq
31-08-2005, 12:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

2164, 02 9609 2889

I spoke to Laurie and he was very vague about the whole thing. He didn't even know that the 900SS frames crack under general use. Any one else we can try?

BOHEMION
31-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Speak to the blokes at Ducati Brisbane, They might have some advise for you, Speak to Darren there, he is a pro Duke Mechanic. I know ya in Sydney But these guys are worth a call make sure your not speaking to one of the trainees there full of BS.

Cheers

BOHEMION
31-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Speak to the blokes at Ducati Brisbane, They might have some advise for you, Speak to Darren there, he is a pro Duke Mechanic. I know ya in Sydney But these guys are worth a call make sure your not speaking to one of the trainees there full of BS.

Cheers

31-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Dudley's performance motorcycles @ Wyong on the central coast.He has the time for you and there's nothing he cant fix.Tell him Davo from TLG sent ya.You'll be stoked when ya meet this man,and see what he can build.

31-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Dudley's performance motorcycles @ Wyong on the central coast.He has the time for you and there's nothing he cant fix.Tell him Davo from TLG sent ya.You'll be stoked when ya meet this man,and see what he can build.

God
02-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Bob Martin would be my pick. They did a super job in rewelded/braced/gussetted etc the frame on the Mantra after my girlfriend was bike-jacked by a bonzai! skippy.

God
02-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Bob Martin would be my pick. They did a super job in rewelded/braced/gussetted etc the frame on the Mantra after my girlfriend was bike-jacked by a bonzai! skippy.