PDA

View Full Version : Blinkers

BOHEMION
17-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey all,

I just wired up some new carbon fibre blikers, just ate through a few 7.5 fuses and 10 fuses, works on 15.0 fuse, BUT after 3 seconds on the blinkers working it quit, any ideas ?

Could I have just fried my blinker relay?

ozkat
17-07-2005, 12:19 PM
are they led indicators?

ozkat
17-07-2005, 12:19 PM
are they led indicators?

EXBEN
17-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Sounds to me like you've got a short between the flasher unit and the indicators which keeps blowing your 7.5 fuses,by putting the 15 in it you may have moved the weak link & now you've blown the flasher.If you haven't changed anything else check inside the indicators as some of these cheaper units have sharp metal edges inside & questionable wiring conections.I have come across this before.Some times the indicators still work & its hard to trace the short but it only takes one strand of stray wire.I may be off the mark here but It's worth the check.

EXBEN
17-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Sounds to me like you've got a short between the flasher unit and the indicators which keeps blowing your 7.5 fuses,by putting the 15 in it you may have moved the weak link & now you've blown the flasher.If you haven't changed anything else check inside the indicators as some of these cheaper units have sharp metal edges inside & questionable wiring conections.I have come across this before.Some times the indicators still work & its hard to trace the short but it only takes one strand of stray wire.I may be off the mark here but It's worth the check.

BOHEMION
17-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Hi Ben,

Yeah i think ive damaged the flasher. Ive had a look at the bulbs and they are 10W bulbs same as the factory ones. When it gets serveice on Tuseday i'll get em to try some dif flasher units to suit.

BOHEMION
17-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Hi Ben,

Yeah i think ive damaged the flasher. Ive had a look at the bulbs and they are 10W bulbs same as the factory ones. When it gets serveice on Tuseday i'll get em to try some dif flasher units to suit.