PDA

View Full Version : My B12

speeddemon
13-06-2005, 03:52 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/Picture 006.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/Picture 004.jpg

My 98 B12 (luv em) - Full Yoshi system (carbon end can with Ti headers, Ohlins rear shock, GSXR1100 USD's, 6 pots, BMC filters (red cause they go quicker), bug eye lights, DIY mat black paint job and a shit stock seat. Apologies if anything looks like it is polished cause it rarely is.

Tony Nitrous
13-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Top Bike.
Cant understand why they didnt sell by the Boatload over here.
Every man and his Dog seems to have one in the UK.
And I don't blame them !
Did OZ get the Unfaired B12 ?
I loved mine,

Renthal / NOS / etc etc
Sorry about the pic. Need a scanner :(
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/946991/NOSB12.jpg

Tony Nitrous
13-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Top Bike.
Cant understand why they didnt sell by the Boatload over here.
Every man and his Dog seems to have one in the UK.
And I don't blame them !
Did OZ get the Unfaired B12 ?
I loved mine,

Renthal / NOS / etc etc
Sorry about the pic. Need a scanner :(
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/946991/NOSB12.jpg

speeddemon
14-06-2005, 06:40 PM
The bandit was sold 'naked' here, but most had the dicky fairing as mine did.

Next on the list is getting a bit more power in that donk, although the jet kit and pipe made a massive difference to stock power. Maybe a turbo one day.

speeddemon
14-06-2005, 06:40 PM
The bandit was sold 'naked' here, but most had the dicky fairing as mine did.

Next on the list is getting a bit more power in that donk, although the jet kit and pipe made a massive difference to stock power. Maybe a turbo one day.

Tony Nitrous
20-06-2005, 03:02 PM
QUOTE Next on the list is getting a bit more power in that donk, although the jet kit and pipe made a massive difference to stock power. Maybe a turbo one day.

Yes, thought my B12 was OK, but nothing special,
Then Filter / Jet Kit / Loud Carbon can and came home with a BLOODY HUGE Ear to ear grin....
2nd gear wheelies here, there, everywhere :D

Yes, I looked a Turbo's to but two things put me off,
1..Seen lots of folk stressed with Mr Turbo kits big single carbs and the same with Blow-through systems. I know it can be done, but for a simple guy like me, its going to be injection when i go Turbo.
2..NOS is sooo simple and cheap. 40 to 60hp for a day in the garage, turn it off and run a stock motor, turn it on Whooooosh. swop kit from bike to bike, upgrade kit to suit, B12 went fine with just a change of clutch springs. With the Gas and GSXR cams / carbs / Can etc made it made 168rwhp with stock pistons and fingers crossed !(Did seem to be forever running out of gas though) 2.5lb is as big a bottle as I wanted to run. Sure most of you guys would laugh at those numbers but I fitted everything on my own and it stayed together, thats a result for me :D

Having said that, I have never owned a Turbo and a local guy, Shane, has the Turbo Busa in the June/July RAPID magazine and im very impressed.
Once I recover from the recent spending spree,
I could be tempted.

Turbo Busa, NOS Busa or B-King ?

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
20-06-2005, 03:02 PM
QUOTE Next on the list is getting a bit more power in that donk, although the jet kit and pipe made a massive difference to stock power. Maybe a turbo one day.

Yes, thought my B12 was OK, but nothing special,
Then Filter / Jet Kit / Loud Carbon can and came home with a BLOODY HUGE Ear to ear grin....
2nd gear wheelies here, there, everywhere :D

Yes, I looked a Turbo's to but two things put me off,
1..Seen lots of folk stressed with Mr Turbo kits big single carbs and the same with Blow-through systems. I know it can be done, but for a simple guy like me, its going to be injection when i go Turbo.
2..NOS is sooo simple and cheap. 40 to 60hp for a day in the garage, turn it off and run a stock motor, turn it on Whooooosh. swop kit from bike to bike, upgrade kit to suit, B12 went fine with just a change of clutch springs. With the Gas and GSXR cams / carbs / Can etc made it made 168rwhp with stock pistons and fingers crossed !(Did seem to be forever running out of gas though) 2.5lb is as big a bottle as I wanted to run. Sure most of you guys would laugh at those numbers but I fitted everything on my own and it stayed together, thats a result for me :D

Having said that, I have never owned a Turbo and a local guy, Shane, has the Turbo Busa in the June/July RAPID magazine and im very impressed.
Once I recover from the recent spending spree,
I could be tempted.

Turbo Busa, NOS Busa or B-King ?

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
20-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Dear Mr Speeddemon,

Just looking at your pic's again,
Mmmmm.....Bandit.....[8D]

Are the USD forks shorter than standard B12 forks,
I know the 11's are the longest of the USD's.
Did you get them lengthend ? or use a stepped top yolk ?
If not, how did you get on with stability / clearance ?
I would be interested to know
Thanks,

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
20-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Dear Mr Speeddemon,

Just looking at your pic's again,
Mmmmm.....Bandit.....[8D]

Are the USD forks shorter than standard B12 forks,
I know the 11's are the longest of the USD's.
Did you get them lengthend ? or use a stepped top yolk ?
If not, how did you get on with stability / clearance ?
I would be interested to know
Thanks,

Tony.

speeddemon
20-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Thankyou Mr Nitrous

Are the USD forks shorter than standard B12 forks - only by a bit (about 1.5 cm was my guess - I measured the USD at 76cm from centre of axle to top. Not sure what the stock bandits were.

Did you get them lengthend? (no stock length) or use a stepped top yolk (No donot need -only on a new gsxr or similar you would need. I just got my steerer pressed out and slightly enlarged the GSR Yoke to press back in.)

If not, how did you get on with stability / clearance - (This is interesting as I have heaps of clearance. Stability is a bit nervous but that is mainly because the Ohlins rear shock is about 307mm long instead of the stock 298-300mm. Through the linkage that lifts the rear up heaps. Would have to say that the stock shock length with the slightly shorter forks would be perfect balance).

speeddemon
20-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Thankyou Mr Nitrous

Are the USD forks shorter than standard B12 forks - only by a bit (about 1.5 cm was my guess - I measured the USD at 76cm from centre of axle to top. Not sure what the stock bandits were.

Did you get them lengthend? (no stock length) or use a stepped top yolk (No donot need -only on a new gsxr or similar you would need. I just got my steerer pressed out and slightly enlarged the GSR Yoke to press back in.)

If not, how did you get on with stability / clearance - (This is interesting as I have heaps of clearance. Stability is a bit nervous but that is mainly because the Ohlins rear shock is about 307mm long instead of the stock 298-300mm. Through the linkage that lifts the rear up heaps. Would have to say that the stock shock length with the slightly shorter forks would be perfect balance).

speeddemon
20-06-2005, 10:37 PM
By the way NOS fines are expensive in NSW so I wouldnt go there. I reckon the problem with Mr Turbo is that the turbo is to big. Need to run a small turbo, moderate bost so that you get heaps of grunt down low and in mid range - Not this turbo lag big boost massive top end shit.

speeddemon
20-06-2005, 10:37 PM
By the way NOS fines are expensive in NSW so I wouldnt go there. I reckon the problem with Mr Turbo is that the turbo is to big. Need to run a small turbo, moderate bost so that you get heaps of grunt down low and in mid range - Not this turbo lag big boost massive top end shit.

Tony Nitrous
21-06-2005, 05:14 AM
Good info,

Thanks,

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
21-06-2005, 05:14 AM
Good info,

Thanks,

Tony.

taz1216
22-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Nice b12 mate, looking good with usd's on [:0]

Razorback
23-01-2006, 03:18 PM
YAY Another Bandit!

We are taking control!

speeddemon
23-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Slowly though! - picture doesnt do it any credit. Will have to post new ones when I get the 996 rear end on.

speeddemon
01-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Bandit will be goin in for a nip un tuck mid Feb.

Get that Duc 996 subframe on, sargent seat and off with the heavy piece of poo.