PDA

View Full Version : Katana bits

ozkat
08-06-2005, 10:20 PM
im still looking for some Katana parts. Frame... gotta be a Kat frame not just a GSX, Katana tank, Katana seat/tailpeice, and complete fairing.

08-06-2005, 10:59 PM
looks like its parts night.

dinorider
11-06-2005, 02:53 PM
checked with southwest motorcycles and trev wants 3500 for his black kat.they have a 92 750 gixer with 92 donk but they have cut the rear mounts to fit the donk innit.ring em for a delivery and or photos

mark
12-06-2005, 10:15 PM
hey oz, got any gauges? 91-94 mod[:p]

Tony Nitrous
13-06-2005, 09:31 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32625&item=4556083205&rd=1

ozkat
13-06-2005, 03:15 PM
ok you blokes. DO NOT ... i repeat DO NOT under any circumstances bid on this bike. i want it. ill be leaving my bids till just before the auction ends. im on holidays this week and am going to have a look at it. DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!! PLEASE dont any of you bid.

Tony Nitrous
13-06-2005, 06:40 PM
I was soooooo tempted to keep it quiet,
or at least shoot around and see it / cash bid etc.
but I know i havent got the time or space for a while,
and was only going to "store it for future use"

Hope you get it, I wont bid,
do the same for me one day.

Tony.

Benz
15-06-2005, 10:04 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/nearly kat.jpg
Howdy, I am willing to part out, or sell this 1170 Kat dragbike. All paint and panel is good, motor and gearbox good,standard Kat frame with a few tabs removed, CBR250rr front end, fits original Kat triples. No gauges, alternator, wiring loom,or carbies. I want to keep the rear for my GSXR1108 slabby streetfighter
Bike is located in Darwin. Will send to anywhere in OZ.
Email me gjrd1@bigpond.com.au

15-06-2005, 07:54 PM
OZ TALK TO REX!!!!!!!!!!
i wood buy it,but for the madness!

Zed14
18-06-2005, 09:38 AM
oz call me 0416019455

Snaffler
20-06-2005, 11:49 PM
the only thing KAT i have is this huge 1.6th scale collectors model unopend :D

might sell it if i got a decent offer on it..

http://img265.echo.cx/img265/2669/kat0qv.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Benz
21-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Well?.........nobody interested?
Just for the record that swingarm is a 2002 600 arm, extended 120mm,by fitting/alloy welding part of the original kat arm on the front, so the arm is a perfect fit to the original kat frame. I cannot get this arm onto the slabby, different setup altogether, so it will go with the bike. I will however keep the rear wheel, if at all possible.
The frame is straight, the motor is fine, I am just fed up with melting in the staging lanes,{30 deg. full sun, full leathers, you get the picture!} and trying to locate a mysterious electrical gremlin that sees the bike misfire only under load. NO.. its not the coils, they have been replaced, as has the whole custom wiring loom, twice!!
Paint is Glasurit MS 2 pac ,custom colours, and is in perfect nick except for some vibration/ wear marks on the lower tank, and fairing.
I'd be happy to get 1200ono for it, no back wheel, chain, rear brake caliper.

ozkat
21-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Benz... im very interested ut have major pc probs . you got a contact number?

Benz
21-06-2005, 11:17 PM
[?]I pulled my ph. number, too many freaks out there. Nothin personal!.....:D

J7-11
26-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey oz I'll be in Darwin this weekend if you want me to check it out for you? If that's cool with benz of course!

Benz
27-06-2005, 10:13 AM
I certainly don't have a problem with you checking the bike out J7/11.
Come on over:D
My email is up with the photo, send us a note.

J7-11
27-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Well the boat broke so I'm not going to be in Darwin this weekend! Maybe later on but not in the near future, sorry guys!

Benz
01-07-2005, 01:28 PM
well ......
All bets are off, I'm gonna try and find the mystery misfire, and have another attempt at getting this thing down the track at a more respectable pace! It's done a best of 11.4 running on two/misfiring on two. I'm gonna try new pickups..everything else has been replaced!! It would be a bit embarrasing to find the pickups were the fault and sell it for a song.
It's the dry season up here now, so waiting in the staging lanes will not be so suicidal!! [8D]

Benz
08-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Well.......the mechanical advancer springs were rusted, and allowed too much advance too early, and then the bob weights were bouncing off the tabs [I think], and we jerked down the strip to runner-up in the NT Titles, with a miserable best of 11.4 again! I only got that far by hitting three .4's off the line. Damned broke out in the final too!!
Bloody miracles do happen.:D
What amount of advance do you guys reckon for a 16v 1170, 10.5/1comp. 37mm CR's, 130 mains, and an open 4into 1, smallish megaphone.
I have checked the advancer with a degree wheel, and I think it is giving me 45 degrees total advance, it's my guess that should be around 30 degrees total. Whatcha reckon[?]

Benz
10-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks for your caring responses bastards. I guess if you don't know, you can't answer.
I installed chevy heavy duty distributor springs in place of the old, jaded ones, and the motor has come alive. We race again this weekend, at Hidden Valley Dragstrip so I'll get to see how much difference it makes on the track.
Not that anyone here gives a toss!![xx(]

10-08-2005, 10:54 AM
We care m8

We're all touchy-feely, left whinge, hippy tree-hugging, motherhood idolising, pink (red) dress wearing faggots. :)

Sorry mate, don't know the answer to your question, but I'm happy to hear that you got it sorted, honest, i am, really.

Good luck for the weekend, and send some piccies. :)

Gix11
10-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Mate. The lads that know about advancing and tuning are here at the weekends. If I had any idea I would have let you know! As for the drags, good luck mate. Let us know the results. If there's anyone popping pictures there, get 'em, and send 'em in.

Benz
10-08-2005, 02:09 PM
"We're all touchy-feely, left whinge, hippy tree-hugging, motherhood idolising, pink (red) dress wearing faggots. :)"
Wow...:) Hell of a confession!! Maybe a bit understated.
Yeah, I could have been a little less er..well,you know what I mean:D
I've spent a hell of a lot of hours trying to find the fault with this motor, it has had everything changed, carbs [twice], total ignition rebuild,cam timing checked and rechecked, new exhaust blah blah etc.
It pissed me off so bad I was going to flog it for a song, just to get it out of my life.
To think it was [probably]a pair of springs that cost 20 cents each is a real kick in the arse!
If I can get the photographer to give me a cuppla shots I'll put them up
Cheers

10-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Glad ya kept it mate!

Woulda been a shame for it to go for a piss-off problem like that.

cjburns esq
13-09-2005, 05:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by benzine

Well.......the mechanical advancer springs were rusted, and allowed too much advance too early, and then the bob weights were bouncing off the tabs [I think], and we jerked down the strip to runner-up in the NT Titles, with a miserable best of 11.4 again! I only got that far by hitting three .4's off the line. Damned broke out in the final too!!
Bloody miracles do happen.:D
What amount of advance do you guys reckon for a 16v 1170, 10.5/1comp. 37mm CR's, 130 mains, and an open 4into 1, smallish megaphone.
I have checked the advancer with a degree wheel, and I think it is giving me 45 degrees total advance, it's my guess that should be around 30 degrees total. Whatcha reckon[?]

I'm running a similar engine and the best I can suggest is the old springs from a Kwaka Z1000. I'm running some sort of flash Ignition pick up, 1170, 37mm carbs, oversized valves, etc and used to run high 10's back in '93.
i haven't run it for ten years, but I still got it in the grudge.

Benz
14-09-2005, 11:02 AM
CJ,
Thanks for the info, I replaced the rusted springs with a pair from a chevy distributor, which didn't seem to make any difference actually....that pissed me off[}:)]
There is another dragrace meeting this weekend,so I'm hoping the work done on the carbs is going to make the difference.Chasing some decent fuel to put in them, there doesn't seem to be an outlet for race fuel in Darwin right now, but I'm still lookin'.
I have a digital camera now, so there will be some shots soon

Gix11
14-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Nice one Benzine. That's what we want.