PDA

View Full Version : Performance upgrade

BOHEMION
07-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Its time to get some more jouce from the Duke.

Can anyone please give me some advice on what I can do do my Monster 600 to give her some more pull. Types of upgrade and Brands. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ive already had a look at somes pipes but am not familiar with the brands and feel i can do better with what some shops are charging. Has anyone here ever used Devil brand pipes ? and if so where in Aus did you get them?

Cheers

ozkat
07-06-2005, 06:55 PM
i reckon the best brand you could possibly try is Suzuki followed by Kawasaki :D:D:D oh sorry you meant for your Ducati ummm i have no idea

ozkat
07-06-2005, 06:55 PM
i reckon the best brand you could possibly try is Suzuki followed by Kawasaki :D:D:D oh sorry you meant for your Ducati ummm i have no idea

07-06-2005, 07:40 PM
try www.austreetfighter.com.au .Quikdraw (Stu,the owner) is a member of ASF an he is most helpful with all performance mods.as an ASF member you get 10% off all products.they sell a few different types of pipes at a pissa good price.He just saved me over $500 on my new oil cooler and it will be here in 7-10 days.dont waste time shoppin around at fukwit bike shops or with genuine crap when you can deal with someone who wants to help you. but like the big fella says,the problem here is,it aint an[}:)]Suzuki:D.Sell it an by 2 GSX-R's

07-06-2005, 07:40 PM
try www.austreetfighter.com.au .Quikdraw (Stu,the owner) is a member of ASF an he is most helpful with all performance mods.as an ASF member you get 10% off all products.they sell a few different types of pipes at a pissa good price.He just saved me over $500 on my new oil cooler and it will be here in 7-10 days.dont waste time shoppin around at fukwit bike shops or with genuine crap when you can deal with someone who wants to help you. but like the big fella says,the problem here is,it aint an[}:)]Suzuki:D.Sell it an by 2 GSX-R's

Tony Nitrous
07-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Sell Monster 600
Buy Suzuki 750 / 1000 / 1100 / 1300
Job done.

Tony Nitrous
07-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Sell Monster 600
Buy Suzuki 750 / 1000 / 1100 / 1300
Job done.

dinorider
07-06-2005, 10:29 PM
my sp1 mate reckons there is something that restricts the monster in the throttle mechanism at the grip and 5 minutes in the hands of someone who knows can extract something like a 30% gain in performance,give gowanloch a call they are on canterbury road sydney (not sure of the actual address).alternatively call col linney at 10 tenths.he is a suzuki guru but i have seen him mess with other (read inferior) makes.but as the boys have told you sell the "DUKE and buy a ZUKE" there can be only one.

dinorider
07-06-2005, 10:29 PM
my sp1 mate reckons there is something that restricts the monster in the throttle mechanism at the grip and 5 minutes in the hands of someone who knows can extract something like a 30% gain in performance,give gowanloch a call they are on canterbury road sydney (not sure of the actual address).alternatively call col linney at 10 tenths.he is a suzuki guru but i have seen him mess with other (read inferior) makes.but as the boys have told you sell the "DUKE and buy a ZUKE" there can be only one.

BOHEMION
07-06-2005, 10:31 PM
HAHAHA nah i have a soft spot for Dukes, Dad had one and loved em ever since. This coming Jan I will be buying another bike, start my garage collection. But I am hoping for a Kawasaki ZX-10R or the GSXR 750.

But will keep the Duke :D:D

BOHEMION
07-06-2005, 10:31 PM
HAHAHA nah i have a soft spot for Dukes, Dad had one and loved em ever since. This coming Jan I will be buying another bike, start my garage collection. But I am hoping for a Kawasaki ZX-10R or the GSXR 750.

But will keep the Duke :D:D

dinorider
07-06-2005, 11:10 PM
yeah the old man used to punt around bathurst on dukes with a bloke called milton carrol.old milton watched the first 500gp at the creek with me and he had massive testicles the way he used to ride.shit he was about 5 foot nuthin and about 50 kg`s so anything would go hard with him onnit.his missus used to race too.sorry mate but i don`t care for em that much cause like honda`s ya gotta get to know a good mechanic and be able to push the bastards for long distances,ha ha ha ha ha ha

dinorider
07-06-2005, 11:10 PM
yeah the old man used to punt around bathurst on dukes with a bloke called milton carrol.old milton watched the first 500gp at the creek with me and he had massive testicles the way he used to ride.shit he was about 5 foot nuthin and about 50 kg`s so anything would go hard with him onnit.his missus used to race too.sorry mate but i don`t care for em that much cause like honda`s ya gotta get to know a good mechanic and be able to push the bastards for long distances,ha ha ha ha ha ha

BOHEMION
08-06-2005, 01:21 PM
HAHA U bugga! Yeah they do take more maintenance than usual, But I am hooked :D:D:D:D

Davo Mate i have contacted Aus Street Fighters at Forrest Lake fopr a few parts and will wait and hear what they have to offer. Browsed their site and mate NOICE STUFF! can see me spending a few months worth of pay slips there. Thanks for the tip mate.

BOHEMION
08-06-2005, 01:21 PM
HAHA U bugga! Yeah they do take more maintenance than usual, But I am hooked :D:D:D:D

Davo Mate i have contacted Aus Street Fighters at Forrest Lake fopr a few parts and will wait and hear what they have to offer. Browsed their site and mate NOICE STUFF! can see me spending a few months worth of pay slips there. Thanks for the tip mate.

08-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Quikdraw is movin soon so he may be a bit busy,but usually very speedy response.I know what ya mean about spendin up big there mate,he has sum tric gear which can only be found in the U.K (where the streetfighter concept was born).;)

08-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Quikdraw is movin soon so he may be a bit busy,but usually very speedy response.I know what ya mean about spendin up big there mate,he has sum tric gear which can only be found in the U.K (where the streetfighter concept was born).;)

Gix11
08-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey Bohemion, your Devil Exhaust answer lies with another ASF member - Hugh at crotch rocket (as listed on shirts) www.crotchrocket.com.au. He gets Devil exhausts. I have just finished a 29 hour travel and now I'm in England - fucked.

Gix11
08-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey Bohemion, your Devil Exhaust answer lies with another ASF member - Hugh at crotch rocket (as listed on shirts) www.crotchrocket.com.au. He gets Devil exhausts. I have just finished a 29 hour travel and now I'm in England - fucked.

BOHEMION
08-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Maaaaaate he came through same day, look at these cans. Am all pumped now about getting them ( sorry about the size gix, they lost ALOT of quality, I will delete the pic in 2-3 days and just lay a URL instead, give Davo a look at me new toys)

Will be ordering the Coloured Titanium EVO3 next pay, monthly pay is shit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/BOHEMION/BlueFlame.jpg

BOHEMION
08-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Maaaaaate he came through same day, look at these cans. Am all pumped now about getting them ( sorry about the size gix, they lost ALOT of quality, I will delete the pic in 2-3 days and just lay a URL instead, give Davo a look at me new toys)

Will be ordering the Coloured Titanium EVO3 next pay, monthly pay is shit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/BOHEMION/BlueFlame.jpg

08-06-2005, 10:56 PM
new yed be impressed mate. glad to hear ya arrived safe Gix,29 hours on a plane ya beta buy yaself a $26 steak an warm beer to shake off the deep vein thrombisis.

08-06-2005, 10:56 PM
new yed be impressed mate. glad to hear ya arrived safe Gix,29 hours on a plane ya beta buy yaself a $26 steak an warm beer to shake off the deep vein thrombisis.

BOHEMION
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
YEah not bad, Thanks for the URL GIX i'll have a look at them too. TOO MANY CHOICES. Stick it to da Brits mate, have fun!

BOHEMION
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
YEah not bad, Thanks for the URL GIX i'll have a look at them too. TOO MANY CHOICES. Stick it to da Brits mate, have fun!

Gix11
14-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Nice one guys. Now I've just finished a 4 day rock festival, and guess what - i'm still fucked.

Gix11
14-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Nice one guys. Now I've just finished a 4 day rock festival, and guess what - i'm still fucked.