PDA

View Full Version : ebay bargain

dinorider
02-06-2005, 11:20 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1.bmpcheck this thing out,my 18 year old brother was looking for a gs650 donk for an offroad buggy he wants to build(apprentice welder and boilermaker)the edge company that designs these things suggest that is the engine to use.well we won this thing on ebay for the princely sum of $31.it is a gs550 with a gs650 donk,basket case he reckons but the motor runs well.young bro wants a bike too and this thing would be learner legal according to the rta LAM`s,so i think i will check her out to see if we can`t fixerup before guttin it.:D

dinorider
03-06-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2.bmp
saw this on ebay...1983 suzuki xn85 turbo.dunno how to insert a link but it is still up for auction.i remember all the other turbo bikes including rickman but not this thing.can anyone remember these things?

03-06-2005, 11:24 AM
just another of the crop of turbo's to come out of Japan in the early/mid 80's.

Each of the big four had them
Yamaha XJ650 turbo
Honda CX650 Turbo
Kawasaki GPz750 Turbo (The pick of a bad bunch)
Suzuki XN85 (650cc I think.

The Suzuki wasn't too bad, the Kwaka was the best though.

The Japanese wanted to produce a lightweight, medium sized 'big-bore', what they ended up with were expensive to buy, expensive to run/maintain, masively overweight, peaky, middleweight that was the size and weight of a 'big-bore', and they didn't go as hard as a real 'big-bore', and handled like shit.

Before buying think to yourself, how much do Platinum spark plugs cost? cos they chew'em.

You'd be better off with an Suzuki RE5 rotary, more collectable.

dinorider
04-06-2005, 12:32 AM
cool,as i said i remember the others you mention but not this thing.

06-06-2005, 09:08 PM
jump on e-bay an check this out.GSX-R1190 1d22hours to go an no bids,$4000 southerland NSW.143Hp an a tric blue paint job. time to update Dino;)

06-06-2005, 09:08 PM
jump on e-bay an check this out.GSX-R1190 1d22hours to go an no bids,$4000 southerland NSW.143Hp an a tric blue paint job. time to update Dino;)

06-06-2005, 09:09 PM
if i wasn't compewta illiterate i'd upload it 4 ya[:X]

06-06-2005, 09:09 PM
if i wasn't compewta illiterate i'd upload it 4 ya[:X]

dinorider
06-06-2005, 09:24 PM
nice one that.hoping on another on ebay.see how i go.

dinorider
06-06-2005, 09:24 PM
nice one that.hoping on another on ebay.see how i go.

06-06-2005, 09:33 PM
theres a few good ones goin at the mo mate,there was sum unit called a GVT or sumthin like that goin 4 a measly $99000.1 of only 5 hand built,looked like a heap of shit.no specs supplied so im not sure what it was an cant find it again,maybe it was in trading post[xx(]

06-06-2005, 09:33 PM
theres a few good ones goin at the mo mate,there was sum unit called a GVT or sumthin like that goin 4 a measly $99000.1 of only 5 hand built,looked like a heap of shit.no specs supplied so im not sure what it was an cant find it again,maybe it was in trading post[xx(]

Tony Nitrous
07-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Yes, GPz was by far the best of the bunch,
Did you know that although it carried the "GPZ" logo on the engine covers Kawasaki Never called it a GPz, it was a Z750Turbo, yet the public ALWAYS call it GPz750Turbo....useless info :D
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/946991/NOS_streety.jpg

Tony Nitrous
07-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Yes, GPz was by far the best of the bunch,
Did you know that although it carried the "GPZ" logo on the engine covers Kawasaki Never called it a GPz, it was a Z750Turbo, yet the public ALWAYS call it GPz750Turbo....useless info :D
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/946991/NOS_streety.jpg

dinorider
07-06-2005, 10:20 PM
farrk! what a machine[:p].this is kinda what i had in mind for the old gs,puffen stuff.but after doin a pricing study i shit myself[:0] and just done a few mods.dig that chromed frame and alternator mod.

dinorider
07-06-2005, 10:20 PM
farrk! what a machine[:p].this is kinda what i had in mind for the old gs,puffen stuff.but after doin a pricing study i shit myself[:0] and just done a few mods.dig that chromed frame and alternator mod.

08-06-2005, 05:45 PM
ah the return of Tony Nitrous,where've ya been mate??? we've been missin ya spectacular foto input;)

08-06-2005, 05:45 PM
ah the return of Tony Nitrous,where've ya been mate??? we've been missin ya spectacular foto input;)

09-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah Kawazaki seems to have an issue with bike designations.

The air-cooled GPz750's are designated ZX750 by Kawazaki.

Damned good bikes though.

09-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah Kawazaki seems to have an issue with bike designations.

The air-cooled GPz750's are designated ZX750 by Kawazaki.

Damned good bikes though.

dinorider
21-06-2005, 11:43 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/88_1_b.jpg
what the hell is this thing? this is another one off ebay i have never seen before.

dinorider
21-06-2005, 11:43 PM
what the hell is this thing? this is another one off ebay i have never seen before.

Tony Nitrous
22-06-2005, 05:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by dinorider

Early slabsider GSXR750,
If that says 900 on the paintwork it may have had the 884 kit or maybe an RF900 motor in it.
Lightest ever GSXR frame but with "interesting and dated" handling.

Am I right ?

Did I win the Lolly ?

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
22-06-2005, 05:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by dinorider

Early slabsider GSXR750,
If that says 900 on the paintwork it may have had the 884 kit or maybe an RF900 motor in it.
Lightest ever GSXR frame but with "interesting and dated" handling.

Am I right ?

Did I win the Lolly ?

Tony.

damo1
27-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I had a gixer of that vintage and you would be wright looking at the picy.not shore about the 900? you could be on the money(sounds good to me anyway)

damo1
27-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I had a gixer of that vintage and you would be wright looking at the picy.not shore about the 900? you could be on the money(sounds good to me anyway)

Benz
27-06-2005, 06:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/the best turbo shot.jpg
Yep ZX750E1 I got this one sitting in the spare room, waiting for a bit more attention.This shot is from when I was living in Maroochydore, a coupla years ago.
Uprated turbo, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, compressor bypass valve, variable boost control, single pipe into a Gonzos turbo muffler, actually makes the damned thing louder!! Just wish the gearbox would stay in third! Has anyone got bits for this baby? A gearbox is all it needs

Benz
27-06-2005, 06:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/the best turbo shot.jpg
Yep ZX750E1 I got this one sitting in the spare room, waiting for a bit more attention.This shot is from when I was living in Maroochydore, a coupla years ago.
Uprated turbo, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, compressor bypass valve, variable boost control, single pipe into a Gonzos turbo muffler, actually makes the damned thing louder!! Just wish the gearbox would stay in third! Has anyone got bits for this baby? A gearbox is all it needs

Nate
18-08-2005, 08:01 PM
i have no parts but would put ur parts on my bike lol
i have the non turbo model

Nate
18-08-2005, 08:01 PM
i have no parts but would put ur parts on my bike lol
i have the non turbo model

restoride
23-08-2005, 01:47 AM
mate of mine wants one for engine parts, any interested parties lemme know (not the non turbomodel, engine is quite different apparently)

restoride
23-08-2005, 01:47 AM
mate of mine wants one for engine parts, any interested parties lemme know (not the non turbomodel, engine is quite different apparently)

Nate
26-08-2005, 08:35 PM
there is a motor on ebay and the wreckers at warick farm have some there

Nate
26-08-2005, 08:35 PM
there is a motor on ebay and the wreckers at warick farm have some there

Benz
29-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Nate, Thanks for the ebay tip, I'll go have a look. I got a gearbox sent from England to replace the damaged one, but never having split the cases on this bike , I'm a bit reluctant to start. Another motor would suit me better, this one has done 75k already, still goes great, but I'm sure changing the gearbox is not all I'll have to do, a new camchain, a valvejob, at least new rings, gaskets. It will all add up to maybe being smarter/cheaper to just change the engine for now.Could you give me the number of Warwick Farm wreckers mate?

Benz
29-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Nate, Thanks for the ebay tip, I'll go have a look. I got a gearbox sent from England to replace the damaged one, but never having split the cases on this bike , I'm a bit reluctant to start. Another motor would suit me better, this one has done 75k already, still goes great, but I'm sure changing the gearbox is not all I'll have to do, a new camchain, a valvejob, at least new rings, gaskets. It will all add up to maybe being smarter/cheaper to just change the engine for now.Could you give me the number of Warwick Farm wreckers mate?

29-08-2005, 08:31 PM
things have never been so dull since you left Maroochy Benzine.

29-08-2005, 08:31 PM
things have never been so dull since you left Maroochy Benzine.

Benz
30-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah life's so thrilling with all my machinery fallin apart at the seams. If I didn't get out of Queensland when I did, I wouldn't even have a license to ride my busted ass bikes.[V]
Cops at Maroochy are red hot,they had me pinned down at 12 points in no time so I left my bike [turbo] home one day, grabbed the pushy to go to the shop instead, and the filth booked me for riding[at about 2k's an hour mind you]without an approved safety helmet. FUCK!!!!!! that was it, you can stick that up your[:0]....
At least here in the "friendly NT" you can go out on the highway and let fly, without being arrested.AND there's no fucken points system ..yet:)

Benz
30-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah life's so thrilling with all my machinery fallin apart at the seams. If I didn't get out of Queensland when I did, I wouldn't even have a license to ride my busted ass bikes.[V]
Cops at Maroochy are red hot,they had me pinned down at 12 points in no time so I left my bike [turbo] home one day, grabbed the pushy to go to the shop instead, and the filth booked me for riding[at about 2k's an hour mind you]without an approved safety helmet. FUCK!!!!!! that was it, you can stick that up your[:0]....
At least here in the "friendly NT" you can go out on the highway and let fly, without being arrested.AND there's no fucken points system ..yet:)

Nate
04-09-2005, 08:00 PM
is the motor ur after water or air cooled
because i am selling my hole bike for $1000 ono
the motor is sweet and have a few spares to go with it

Nate
04-09-2005, 08:00 PM
is the motor ur after water or air cooled
because i am selling my hole bike for $1000 ono
the motor is sweet and have a few spares to go with it

Benz
05-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Nate,
ZX750E1 or 2,['84-'85] air-cooled,turbo'd 8 valver. The only differences between these two motors, is a push pull twin cable setup on the injection of the '85 model, so either will do.
What other spares you got?

Benz
05-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Nate,
ZX750E1 or 2,['84-'85] air-cooled,turbo'd 8 valver. The only differences between these two motors, is a push pull twin cable setup on the injection of the '85 model, so either will do.
What other spares you got?

Nate
09-09-2005, 10:20 PM
not many now some one has been in my shed and took a heap of shit
fairings/rims/alt/air box/seat/old set of carbs/head are all gone
lucky the bike is in other shed but it is a water cooled non turbo

Nate
09-09-2005, 10:20 PM
not many now some one has been in my shed and took a heap of shit
fairings/rims/alt/air box/seat/old set of carbs/head are all gone
lucky the bike is in other shed but it is a water cooled non turbo

oldboy
13-09-2005, 09:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Yamaha XJ650 turbo
Honda CX650 Turbo

The Japanese wanted to produce a lightweight, medium sized 'big-bore', what they ended up with were expensive to buy, expensive to run/maintain, masively overweight, peaky, middleweight that was the size and weight of a 'big-bore', and they didn't go as hard as a real 'big-bore', and handled like shit.

Before buying think to yourself, how much do Platinum spark plugs cost? cos they chew'em.

oldboy
13-09-2005, 09:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Yamaha XJ650 turbo
Honda CX650 Turbo

oldboy
13-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Yamaha XJ650 turbo
Honda CX650 Turbo

[/quote]

oldboy
13-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Yamaha XJ650 turbo
Honda CX650 Turbo

[/quote]

Gix11
13-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Old Boy. You seem to be having a problem with the forum mate. Give me an email if you need a hand: webmaster@streetfighters.com.au

Gix11
13-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Old Boy. You seem to be having a problem with the forum mate. Give me an email if you need a hand: webmaster@streetfighters.com.au

13-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Who the feck is this then?

13-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Who the feck is this then?

clairebear
14-09-2005, 03:20 PM
are ya gunna burn'im Chalk?..that'll fuck'im[^]

clairebear
14-09-2005, 03:20 PM
are ya gunna burn'im Chalk?..that'll fuck'im[^]

14-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Just might have ta [}:)]

Just wondering why someone is quoting me, using a name that I'm known by[?]

Thought it might have been from someone I know.

14-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Just might have ta [}:)]

Just wondering why someone is quoting me, using a name that I'm known by[?]

Thought it might have been from someone I know.

oldboy
17-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey Benzine. Ive got an 84 zx750 turbo with only 50,000 klms on it. Paint is good but clear coat is coming off the red sections of the tank. The only problem it has, as do most of them is cam chain tensioner needs attention. Was offered $3300 for it last week but turned it down. A bit more would have bought it though although I would be sad to see it go.

oldboy
17-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey Benzine. Ive got an 84 zx750 turbo with only 50,000 klms on it. Paint is good but clear coat is coming off the red sections of the tank. The only problem it has, as do most of them is cam chain tensioner needs attention. Was offered $3300 for it last week but turned it down. A bit more would have bought it though although I would be sad to see it go.

Benz
18-09-2005, 01:33 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/turbo_2005.jpg
Oldboy, you want to sell me the motor only? Probably not, but as you can see my '84 is still in reasonable shape. If I could get $3.3k for it I'd have to think about selling too. [8D]
The tensioner is an easy fix, just cut off the auto adjust part, and insert one 80mm long , 10mm bolt,[thread cut to 10mm inside tensioner body], spin a locknut up the bolt, thread into tensioner body, and it pushes on the internal camchain slider, just like the "sticky wedge and rod arrangement. Nip up the locknut, and it will never be a problem again. You can do all that, or simply buy a manual tensioner, which is virtually the same thing anyway.
I converted mine after a bad shift[which I'm now blaming the crook 'box for:D]saw 12k on the tacho, and the tensioner let go, ugly rattly noises, and a slow ride home.it was a long time ago I did this mod, the bolt length, and thickness may be different, but i'm sure you get the picture.

Benz
18-09-2005, 01:33 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/turbo_2005.jpg
Oldboy, you want to sell me the motor only? Probably not, but as you can see my '84 is still in reasonable shape. If I could get $3.3k for it I'd have to think about selling too. [8D]
The tensioner is an easy fix, just cut off the auto adjust part, and insert one 80mm long , 10mm bolt,[thread cut to 10mm inside tensioner body], spin a locknut up the bolt, thread into tensioner body, and it pushes on the internal camchain slider, just like the "sticky wedge and rod arrangement. Nip up the locknut, and it will never be a problem again. You can do all that, or simply buy a manual tensioner, which is virtually the same thing anyway.
I converted mine after a bad shift[which I'm now blaming the crook 'box for:D]saw 12k on the tacho, and the tensioner let go, ugly rattly noises, and a slow ride home.it was a long time ago I did this mod, the bolt length, and thickness may be different, but i'm sure you get the picture.

Benz
18-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Shit.......that photo is a bit huge.......

Benz
18-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Shit.......that photo is a bit huge.......

Tony Nitrous
18-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Haveing spotted the Z1R in the background,
and noticed the list of Turbo bikes on an earlier post,
http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIOA/Bikes.html
I am waiting for someone to mention the first of the Turbo's ?
The US only Z1R-TC ?
And YES, it was a production bike, in that it was a brand new bike sold by Kwak dealers, the amount built (250)outsold may of the Japs other "limited edition specials".

http://www.number1.co.nz/cars/kawasaki.htm
http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIOA/Bike_Kawasaki_Z1RTC.html
I want !
I want !
I want !

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
18-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Haveing spotted the Z1R in the background,
and noticed the list of Turbo bikes on an earlier post,
http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIOA/Bikes.html
I am waiting for someone to mention the first of the Turbo's ?
The US only Z1R-TC ?
And YES, it was a production bike, in that it was a brand new bike sold by Kwak dealers, the amount built (250)outsold may of the Japs other "limited edition specials".

http://www.number1.co.nz/cars/kawasaki.htm
http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIOA/Bike_Kawasaki_Z1RTC.html
I want !
I want !
I want !

Tony.

Benz
18-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah Mr Nitrous,
The Z1RTC is one rare motorcycle.
A friend, [the dude in England who sold me the ZXE gearbox] had one for a short time, but moved it on, not sure why! Then again, this guy seems to have about 20 bikes [and an unknown amount of half bikes]in his collection, and it's never the same from week to week!
You mention the Turbo owners board, but what about 750 turbo.com?
Without this site, I can truthfully say my bike would not be in the condition it is, except for the damned 'box, of course[V].
Big K only made approx.6500 ZX turbos, so they are getting a bit rare too
The Z1R in the background is a long term frame up rebuild, about 2.5 years so far,just the carbs and airbox,seat and brake lines,to go, then it's on to the Z1B that's stored in bits in the cupboards behind the other two!

Benz
18-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah Mr Nitrous,
The Z1RTC is one rare motorcycle.
A friend, [the dude in England who sold me the ZXE gearbox] had one for a short time, but moved it on, not sure why! Then again, this guy seems to have about 20 bikes [and an unknown amount of half bikes]in his collection, and it's never the same from week to week!
You mention the Turbo owners board, but what about 750 turbo.com?
Without this site, I can truthfully say my bike would not be in the condition it is, except for the damned 'box, of course[V].
Big K only made approx.6500 ZX turbos, so they are getting a bit rare too
The Z1R in the background is a long term frame up rebuild, about 2.5 years so far,just the carbs and airbox,seat and brake lines,to go, then it's on to the Z1B that's stored in bits in the cupboards behind the other two!

Tony Nitrous
18-09-2005, 02:52 PM
The 750 Turbo's sold quite well in the UK,
Mate Andy in Kidderminster still has 3, along with a proddy tuned 350LC and a Mitsubishi EVO-6, typical "petrol head".
Although im on the look out for another Suzuki, it would be hard to say no to one of the Classic Zed's at the right price.
You got good taste in bikes mate [8D]

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
18-09-2005, 02:52 PM
The 750 Turbo's sold quite well in the UK,
Mate Andy in Kidderminster still has 3, along with a proddy tuned 350LC and a Mitsubishi EVO-6, typical "petrol head".
Although im on the look out for another Suzuki, it would be hard to say no to one of the Classic Zed's at the right price.
You got good taste in bikes mate [8D]

Tony.

Benz
18-09-2005, 03:04 PM
:D
Thanks bloke! There's always room in my garage for another, although my wallet is a little vacant right about now.
Dave Dunlop is the guy I chat with occasionally, runs a "bike shop" in Birmingham, he's pulled more than 250 horsies out of a highly modded 880, T25,power commandered Kawa turbo. Not too shabby for something that's 21 years old.

Benz
18-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks bloke! There's always room in my garage for another, although my wallet is a little vacant right about now.
Dave Dunlop is the guy I chat with occasionally, runs a "bike shop" in Birmingham, he's pulled more than 250 horsies out of a highly modded 880, T25,power commandered Kawa turbo. Not too shabby for something that's 21 years old.

Tony Nitrous
18-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Best one i've seen was a 750 Turbo motor stuffed into an early Z650,
(Lump went in quite easy, lots of pissing about with the electrics) with all the original trim and running gear! Stock paint, brakes, shocks, forks, wheels etc. Pure Evil, must have been a real hoot to ride :D

Mmmmmmm.... 750 Turbo's.......... Niiiiiice.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5963/750turbo502ee.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1582/nosstreety508yj.jpg

Just remembered, years a go I bought a "Heavy Duty, Manual Camchain Tensioner, suitable for Race-Motors" etc etc all the usual Bullshit, for my 1100Kat. It was exactly how you discribed your FIX, a bolt with a lock-nut! exept mine came from the USA with a sticker and cost me a f*ck*ng fortune,
:DI was Young and Stupid, now im not young !

Tony Nitrous
18-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Best one i've seen was a 750 Turbo motor stuffed into an early Z650,
(Lump went in quite easy, lots of pissing about with the electrics) with all the original trim and running gear! Stock paint, brakes, shocks, forks, wheels etc. Pure Evil, must have been a real hoot to ride :D

Mmmmmmm.... 750 Turbo's.......... Niiiiiice.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5963/750turbo502ee.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1582/nosstreety508yj.jpg

Just remembered, years a go I bought a "Heavy Duty, Manual Camchain Tensioner, suitable for Race-Motors" etc etc all the usual Bullshit, for my 1100Kat. It was exactly how you discribed your FIX, a bolt with a lock-nut! exept mine came from the USA with a sticker and cost me a f*ck*ng fortune,
:DI was Young and Stupid, now im not young !

Benz
18-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah Tony, the Z650 engine is actually the motor Big K upped to Zx specs and slapped in the 750.It is a slipper bearing bottom end, requiring high oil pressure to lube. Handy, 'cause the Hitachi HT10b turbo required the same oil pressure to operate. They slipped a scavenger pump in behind the airfilter/sprocket cover, and a little sump on the bottom of the cases,to drain the oil from the turbo.]
No wonder it is an easy fit into a Z650, that would make a hell of a streetfighter, the little Zed was a great handler for its day;)

Benz
18-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah Tony, the Z650 engine is actually the motor Big K upped to Zx specs and slapped in the 750.It is a slipper bearing bottom end, requiring high oil pressure to lube. Handy, 'cause the Hitachi HT10b turbo required the same oil pressure to operate. They slipped a scavenger pump in behind the airfilter/sprocket cover, and a little sump on the bottom of the cases,to drain the oil from the turbo.]
No wonder it is an easy fit into a Z650, that would make a hell of a streetfighter, the little Zed was a great handler for its day;)

Tony Nitrous
19-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Benzine,
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9959/z1r6ad.jpg[/URL]
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/If-Im-Going-to-HELL-Im-Going-on-a-Kawasaki-Z1R_W0QQitemZ4576378120QQcategoryZ35231QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Who's going to do a few of these changed to
"STREETFIGHTER"

Tony Nitrous
19-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Benzine,
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9959/z1r6ad.jpg[/URL]
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/If-Im-Going-to-HELL-Im-Going-on-a-Kawasaki-Z1R_W0QQitemZ4576378120QQcategoryZ35231QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Who's going to do a few of these changed to
"STREETFIGHTER"