PDA

View Full Version : busa pistons

mark
10-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi,
Does anybody know what sort of power/ torque gains you would get by putting hayabusa pistons into a stock GSXR1127 motor?
Chaio

ozkat
11-05-2005, 05:06 PM
mark... you get no gains. you actually loose heaps of compresion. thats why alot of blokes putting a turbo on a 1127 go for busa pistons. they are forged and cheap in price compared with wiesco or similar. im pretty sure they bring down the compression ratio to around 8.5:1 so i would expect to go from around 135 hp to around 100 if your not using a turbo. busa pistons will give you 1216cc tho.

mark
11-05-2005, 09:03 PM
thanks Ozkat. Do you what sort of BHP you get from upgrading to 1340cc from stock i.e. with no head work? What are the benifits of 1371cc over 1340cc? I would look at head work in the future but for now i am limited to only increasing the capacity. I have also recieved info that JE 1371cc pistons only requiring sleeves where MTC and APE require after market billet blocks. Is one better than the other? What did you do to get 178 PHP from your 1340?

12-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Mark i think most of all you`ll get a lot of HEAT[}:)]so just bear in mind that if you may sit in traffic.I have a ported head with new guides & decked 4 sale.dont do all that & not let it flow brother![8D]

mark
13-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey Mundy,how ya doin? bought a ported head off a guy who sais it was heavily ported by V&M in the UK ( i guess that meant stage 3 work?. Anyway showed it to 2 of the industries best tuners here in Brissy and was told that it was very well done but that the valve guides were totally gone? and that it would go thru valves every 20 thou - set up for racing so I sold it. Anyway, if i upgrade to larger cc 1340 or 1371, do i not require a head that is ported to suit the specific engine size and usage? Is the head you have compatable to maximise btm and more importantly midrange on an engine of this capacity? I als found info on an American site that said porting to make larger to increase HP was falacy and that they had a way of setting epoxy into the inlet or outlet (cant remember offhand) reducing the size and this dramatically increased Hp. Ever heard of this? Any ideas?

15-05-2005, 06:25 PM
I`m OK mark except 4 be`n 40[V]Yes i have heard of this, they do it to incease velosity.some use resin some weld them up,any way this head of mine is from a 1052 lump so you adjust the valves via screw & pin.its set up for mid range power & has been decked a bit 15/1 so i used a .7mm base to make it run on pump.Suzuki bronze guides are used & not ground down.standard springs.with the big bore you are wonton to use teh grunt will be there[:p]
it`s up for grabs cause i have another head that ive got for mid & top[8D]

mark
15-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Mundy, can you define "up for grabs". Also, what would you do if anything to make the head better?
Thanks mate
Mark

mark
15-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Mundy,what is the difference between your head 1052 and my head 1127? is the 1127 better for obtaining performance?

18-05-2005, 09:09 PM
valve adjustment diff I THINK,will suss it? $200 clams? the guides cost about that.

mark
24-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Hey Mundy, about that head, you were going to see if it is compat with my 1127 setup. I have been told it isnt but im sure you would know better. if not im still lookin at doin somethin to my head or replace it with another modified one. If you hear anything can you let me know?
Chaio

mark
24-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Hey Mundy, about that head, you were going to see if it is compat with my 1127 setup. I have been told it isnt but im sure you would know better. if not im still lookin at doin somethin to my head or replace it with another modified one. If you hear anything can you let me know?
Chaio