PDA

View Full Version : pods or airbox

ozkat
09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
whats the story on pod filters v airbox? im pretty keen to run pod filters till i get the turbo sorted. (which could be a while). what gains and losses are involved with using pods? are there any real hp gains by using pod filters?

10-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Air pods allow the carbs to breathe more freely, ergo improved output, once jetted properly. And they last longer than the standard air filters, which offsets the initial high cost. Definitely the way to go.

(Minor) Issues:
Noisier than air box (not a great issue).
Have to re-jet for'em (sounds like you've already done them).
Can get wet, thereby less airflow (more of an issue in England than here)
Can get wet and freeze! Yep seen this in the ACT area, guy leaves bike out in light rain, cold snap overnight, and the water on the filter freezes. Must heat gently to prevent damage.
Make sure you get good ones though.

MarkC

10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
4 what ya gunna gain temporary,it aint worth the work 4 the H.P gained.concentrate on the turbo bro,it will need its own induction system!!!My pod is still standard an due 4 replacement yet mads pods are tric an tuned.it all comes down 2 riding conditions,there's only so fukin fast ya can go,unless ya doin the 1/4.(4got to add,thats 1127 v 1115)but even mundy will admit thers somthinn goin on about my motor that aint standard.it was 1st owned by Lloyd Penn,so its probly been tuned 4 the Isle of Mad,but i'm yet 2 discover its inner beauty.[:p]

faststeve
10-06-2005, 06:19 AM
hi , leave the airbox on !!!!! you might get a couple of hp more but you lose the midrange , alright for you blokes driving around in the outback but no good for us brits with twisty little roads , fit nitros or a turbo , mucho fasto

faststeve
10-06-2005, 06:19 AM
hi , leave the airbox on !!!!! you might get a couple of hp more but you lose the midrange , alright for you blokes driving around in the outback but no good for us brits with twisty little roads , fit nitros or a turbo , mucho fasto

10-06-2005, 09:46 PM
i know i might sound like a hipocrit Steve but i have now purchased pods.the jetting nightmare is about to begin but i have a few experts on my side who have already done the hard yards 4 before me so thats definately an advantage.we'd all love a turbo or blower but because we live in Aus this can be a very expensive exercise.i've noticed ho much cheaper bikes r in english S.F magazine mate how bout sendin us a few container loads of sponndons so we can up our standards.[8D];)

10-06-2005, 09:46 PM
i know i might sound like a hipocrit Steve but i have now purchased pods.the jetting nightmare is about to begin but i have a few experts on my side who have already done the hard yards 4 before me so thats definately an advantage.we'd all love a turbo or blower but because we live in Aus this can be a very expensive exercise.i've noticed ho much cheaper bikes r in english S.F magazine mate how bout sendin us a few container loads of sponndons so we can up our standards.[8D];)

chadams
10-06-2005, 09:53 PM
If a stage 3 jet kit is available, jetting hassles are reduced. The main reason I have run pods is for maintenance. It is a lot easier to clean your carbs when running pod. If you are chasing power, there is little to be gained running pods.

chadams
10-06-2005, 09:53 PM
If a stage 3 jet kit is available, jetting hassles are reduced. The main reason I have run pods is for maintenance. It is a lot easier to clean your carbs when running pod. If you are chasing power, there is little to be gained running pods.

10-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Gday chadams,main reason i got em is 4 looks.they shit on the standard air box an give it the true strretfighter look.when she's comlete i'll post the pics(yeah yeah like i've said before so keep holdin ya breath 4 now):D

10-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Gday chadams,main reason i got em is 4 looks.they shit on the standard air box an give it the true strretfighter look.when she's comlete i'll post the pics(yeah yeah like i've said before so keep holdin ya breath 4 now):D

13-06-2005, 05:20 PM
fact! an air box makes more power than pods;) I ain`t gonna go inta it but they do.OZKAT run ya airbox & dropkick ya filter at ya neighbour(maybe torpeedo punt)thats if ya CAN kick:)only rover`s can shoot properly:D
Whilst i got ya attention!? did ya go to school with a bloke named Phill Jhoseph or Ronald Briggs[?]

13-06-2005, 05:20 PM
fact! an air box makes more power than pods;) I ain`t gonna go inta it but they do.OZKAT run ya airbox & dropkick ya filter at ya neighbour(maybe torpeedo punt)thats if ya CAN kick:)only rover`s can shoot properly:D
Whilst i got ya attention!? did ya go to school with a bloke named Phill Jhoseph or Ronald Briggs[?]