PDA

View Full Version : lowering a GSXR

ozkat
16-02-2005, 07:44 PM
any ideas on lowering the rear end of of a 91 GSXR1100 easily? im going to race at willowbank within the next month after 12 year break from the drags. i used to run a 9.30 katana at tarmac dragway in Tassie. easy to lower just remove rear shocks and replace with solid adjustable struts. very crude but effective. any ideas?

16-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Easy done mate,get some "dog bones" made shorter,then adjust the front 2 ZUIT!easier still go riding with,DAVO! same effect.

Gix11
24-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Deano. Is this the topic you were on about?

speeddemon
28-03-2005, 07:31 PM
So when you change the length of the dog bones you change your ride height, but I think the leverage on the spring will change? Does anyone know if the progression of the shock will also change (usually fairly linear (ie shock travel vs travel at the wheel)??????

28-03-2005, 08:38 PM
without getting out-there Mr demon,the most of the 'rise' comes from the last third of the stroke(must be a male invention)put simply the shock may still run at that rate but it might be on a different HIEGHT compareded to the front.spring rate does overlap if the bikes C.O.G is vastly different to wot the engineers intended.
I have raced with blokes that just simply strapped down the back end with a short tie down!
it worked!