PDA

View Full Version : some questions

bluemk1
31-01-2005, 10:57 PM
ok here goes,

what exactly is a street fighter? i thought anything that was naked with mx bars and not much else could be classed as a SF

i am seriously cosidering making some mods to my k5 gsxr750. i have had it about 4 weeks but had an accident after the first 2 weeks because some stupid fucker in a van didnt indicate. i have insurance and was wondering what happens with that? they will fix my bike to get it back to standard i suppose. what if i streetfighter it after that and drop it again will they have issues with it because it has no fairing? no really sure [:I]

i have always preferd naked bikes not sure why i got a sports bike [:I]
so hope i can get some gidance from some of you guys.

ps j7/11 i finally made it here :D

31-01-2005, 11:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

ok here goes,

i thought anything that was naked with mx bars and not much else could be classed as a SF

Welcome on board.

Boy are you, Ash and Nitro gonna hit it off [8D]

But they, and the others, can tell you much better than I.

You're insurance issues will come from more extensive mods than just removing the fairing. Check with you're insurer for details, but performance mods will definitely damage.

But you'll have to do more than flat bars and no fairing to be classed as a real street fighter.

You could try approaching you're insurer about taking a cash settlement though, then make decisions, but only after a good chat with the other guys around here.

Tony Nitrous
01-02-2005, 04:53 PM
But you'll have to do more than flat bars and no fairing to be classed as a real street fighter.

Well said that man !

01-02-2005, 06:49 PM
sorry BLUEIE, attemted to throw sum wieght.
not so!

Spondonash
01-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Am I missing something with your posts Mundy ? What are you referring to ?

quote:Originally posted by mad mundy

sorry BLUEIE, attemted to throw sum wieght.
not so!

01-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Can I have some of what you're taking Mad ?

01-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Be prepared to be snubbed by the caffee-lattee drinking lets stick on ( or pay someone) some carbon fibre stickers I can to the shops and look at me set.....(notice how I din't mention Harley or Ducati)

But least you'll be one rung up from us [:o)]s that assault the roads with 'motards...hahahahaha

NO NURSE I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ME PILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAID NO !

I DON'T CARE

YOU SAID THAT LAST NIGHT NIGHT AND WHAT HAPPENED ?

THE BED JUMPED OUT OF THE WINDOW ALL BY IT'S SELF.

MOMMY.........CAN I GO OUT AND KILL TONIGHT

01-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Which tit gave the local nuthouse an internet connection?

Gix11
02-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Ah, the true spirit of madness - the undercurrent of Streetfighting..........

02-02-2005, 06:10 PM
O.K! last night i tried to reply to BLUEIE`s note.It was full of aussie satire,I hit post but nuffin hapened "DISK IS FULL" was the return.
No problem! you guy`s can have wot i`m on it`s called MARGRET RIVER RED.
BLUEMk1, J7-11 is a guy that knows wots going on.I commend you "J" for riding a bike thats not wrapped in plastic.
I have found that my bike will not weave at speed untill 230-50ks`& the remedy is from many things.My wheelbase is 1400mm & i weigh nothing.
dont let head shake stop you from doing the best conversion there is,like an engine it is tuneable

bluemk1
03-02-2005, 11:43 AM
thanx for than mundy :)

pretty rare that i would be doing above 250 so i dont think its much of an issue :)

now for any other help guys? u have all said that flat bars and no fiaring a street fighter it doesnt make but what does?
atm im looking at these mods plus a new sprocket for the front and rear, remove the fairings and stick the same headlight on as the GR turbo busa, i have also played around with the idea of colour coding everything black that currently isnt like leavers, rearsets, pegs and so on. a new wp shock for the rear and some galfer wave disks :)

is this a good start?

to be a true streetfighetr does it have to have one of tose spondon frames or somethinhg? because im not going to go that far as the bike is brand new :)

J7-11
03-02-2005, 01:27 PM
ok I've tried replying about 5 times to this, had the same prob as mundy, disk is full, or the bloody internerd goes down!

Mate, I reckon the insurance company won't like you ripping the fairing off and putting bars on it, if you had a stack then the insurance company nazi's would probably make your policy null and void, since you've done modification without telling them, espec with the bars, coz you'd be drilling your triple clamp which could be argued as weakening structural integrity (well if I were a bean counting insurance asshole type, I would too!). So... don't crash?!?

With 'fighters, you can't have your cake and eat it too, if you want 2 go sportsbike quick, no fairing and + bars will play havoc with the handling, Suzuki have spent a shit load of money and time on R&D on aerodynamics, weight balance, etc etc so doing that won't do it any favours! Then again if you're prepared to spend megabucks on ohlins/WP and spend a LOT of time setting up your suspension, you may come to a decent compromise...

600s were walking away from me at the track (granted 1 guy is an ex-racer, has top notch suspension, and the other was running race glass and slicks), but I did give a few sportsbikes a good run for their money! You could run 2 setups, no fairings and bars for the road, and back to clip-ons and raceglass for the track. Would take under 2 hours to change between the 2, so maybe that's an option?

Personally I reckon if you fighterise the K5 you're gonna lose money, resale and insurance wise if you stack and it's your fault.

Having said that when I stacked my K1 thou I ripping all the fairings off (they were proper f**ked anyway) and it looked horn as!

With the money saved not buying WP chock, waveys etc, you could get yourself down to the auctions and pick up a stacked bike with fairing damage and potential... Stick it in the garage and build yourself a fighter! Ride it, crash it, who cares!!!

Defining a Streetfighter isn't really black and white, personally if someone got a bike, ripped off the fairings, chucked some renthals on, tidyed up the wiring, cool headlight and covered it in duct tape, I would call if a 'fighter... what else could I? Others will argue no doubt!

Anyway my 2 cents, lets hope it goes through this time!