PDA

View Full Version : So amped, can't sleep!

J7-11
28-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Less than 6 hours b4 I have 2 get up and get ready for the track! Can't sleep coz way amped up! Got the beast running a lot better today, turned out to be needles, long story short ended up using Factory Pro needles made for a '95 GSXR-750WS. Yeah, a water cooler 750! Leaned out the midrange (coz she was fatter) and goes onto the mains nice too. Now it hauls ass!!! The mechanic reckons it's a beast, probably 135 at the wheel, which would expect really! Sure feels like it too!!!

Fitted some Pilot Race's, quick oil n filter change (even tho it's only got 350kms on it, been pissing down here!) just in case and I'm ready to go!

Now just gotta get some sleep somehow!

ozkat
28-01-2005, 11:31 PM
go for it.... u know we expect pics.

J7-11
29-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Will do! Pics will come!

J7-11
29-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Had a great day, didn't go as quick as I wanted tho! 7/11 went real well, raqn out of gears down the straight to start off with, then went 1 tooth up on the front and still hit the limiter somewhere around 240-250. Damn the windblast is strong at those speeds! Popping your head up for turn 1 was 'interesting'. She shook her head a fair bit, sometimes even in 6th coming out of Turn 1! Worked the tyres to the edges, got the ass out a couple of times, dragged (and won) a late ZX-9R and a 954 down the straight, wheelied past a 'busa in 4th running up to turn 4, and generally had a ball!!!

Did a couple of low 1:52s which I guess I'll have to be happy with, of course keeping a bit of a safety margin, just in case!

Pics will come out in a few days, and will post 'em here once I get them!

30-01-2005, 06:55 PM
I have just put the puzzle 2gether,we know where ya bike was built.RIGHT? now wen i was looking 4 sum insight other than GSX-R house i spoke to a man known as "FROSTY" HE ibelieve built ya bike & he has a passion 4 SUZI`s aswell as a DYNO!
I think it may be a good idea to talk to the old FROST,cause you have 6 gears in ya box!
350k`s on it! Wot!do ya want it to be slow all it`s life?
the mad one,

J7-11
30-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Dunno who built the bike, I believe it was a guy from Central Coast Performance... the guy I bought it off was a Martin I think... Yep box is a 6-speeder, 350k's on it? You mean 350,000km? Doesn't feel THAT bad, sometimes pops out of 2nd when going from 1st to 2nd on the back wheel, but apart from that it's ok...

Bike was a fully faired blue/white 7/11M when I got it...