PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the ACT region, or even passing through?

02-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Feel like catch up?

We can bitch about how bad the local bike shops are:D

Please don't tell me I'm the only one down here, it's depressing enough living in Canberra as it is[xx(].

MarkC

J7-11
02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
carter from mars is from canberra...

Hmm I've got a mate who's a (the?) mechanic at Gecko... pretty sure he's not too bad, but of course wil listen to any criticism! [:p]

03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Actually the quality of the mechanical work seems to be generally quite good, haven't heard any real horror stories on that front. (I should be more accurate in my criticism[B)])

My main whinge is that they charge like a wounded bull, and the actual service is second rate at most.

A couple are definitely worth mentioning though, they do provide good service/prices.
Action and Joes[^], the staff are friendly, knowledgeable, willing to do what the customer wants, competitive pricing (especially Action).

A classic case was my recent purchase of Progressive springs for my EF. One dealer waited 2 weeks before even looking for them, then told me they couldn't get them. :(
2nd dealer ordered me Ikon springs instead of Progressives (expressly requested), they took 3 weeks to turn up, and didn't even fit, sent'em back. :(
3rd dealer. I went onto 'net, located Progressive importer, spoke to staff there and confirmed that the springs in stock were correct for my bike. Contacted local dealer and ordered by part number, explaining that springs were urgent. 1 week later called dealer, they still hadn't even placed the order.:(
4th dealer. Joe's, went out there ordered by part number, did not state that they were urgent, received phone call NEXT afternoon, they were there waiting for me. 1 day and Joe's had done what 3 other dealers hadn't been able to in about 6-7 weeks.[^]

Oh and Joe's is a Yamaha dealer, and wrecker, just goes to prove that even people on Yamaha's can be good blokes, cos Joe and Cory are TOP blokes.

Action Motorcycles: Front fork seals $32.00
Other dealers: $45-55.00 :(

Went to price repainting my EF full fairing some months ago, Holy Snapping Arseholes, this tit thought he was Leonardo Da Vinci, the prices he was asking. And he carried on more like Di Caprio.[:o)]

Did have some minor dealings with the guy who started Gecko, back when it started, he was a good bloke, but they are European dealers, which I don't ride, so I can't really say what their particular service is like.

I must also add that service in most industries in Canberra is pretty 2nd rate a lot of the time.[V]

Hopefully Carter from Mars is looking in.
He's not 'looking in' via Tidbinbilla Tracking Station is he?[8D]

MarkC

carter of mars
25-02-2005, 08:08 PM
hey hey, its taken me about three months to get back on but im back. the biks almost finished, thanks to ben at extreme creation. so anyone in the ACT is keen to hook up for a ride, bring it on!