PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - late 90's GSXR600/ZX6R for project

MCBR
26-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Hi guys, i'm after a mid-late 90's GSXR600 or ZX6R for a streetfighter conversion. I have about 5-6k to spend. Fairings/light assembly will be ditched so idealy i want one with cosmetic damage (no mechanical or frame/fork damage). If anyone knows of one or sees one out there, please let me know. At the moment i'm without a bike for the first time in years and i dont like it!!

Tony Nitrous
27-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Not a bad choice, I would go for the GSXR. Part mixing on Suzuki's will make life so much easyier.
I found out recently that there is a shop in the USA doing frame mods to GSXR6 & 7's so that they take Busa motors...!!!!
I WANT !!!
Big bore, stroked, hairy arsed Busa motor in a stock looking GSXR600,
[8D]

J7-11
27-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I've heard this mod is possible but never seen it done... links man, post them!!!

MCBR will keep an eye out for you... to be honest I'd prob go an early 'blade for a 'fighter, they look good naked, are ballsy, handle, stop, tough, well built etc etc... You'd pick up one for that money pretty easy too... but if u want a 600, go for it! Like Tony said parts swapping on Gixers is a piece of piss, although I'm not a fan of that ducktail...

When u start your project let me know if you need a hand with anything (here until feb then moving to Tas).

ps Chasing each other around the 'creek was a shitload of fun! Still one of my fondest track memories!

MCBR
28-12-2004, 12:08 AM
J7-11 - yeah man those were the good old days!!! Thanks for the help offer, i'll be sure to keep it in mind, i dont know shit haha.

Was thinkin of a blade too, wasnt sure about the prices for them, but if i (or anyone) spots one i'll be happy to take a look, they look tough naked.

ozkat
28-12-2004, 08:34 AM
there is a blade in Brissy for sale ex race bike i think a 92/93 model. ready to race but inc all road gear has a new 96 engine 130+hp . also inc spare motor, marvic wheels, spare slicks etc. everything is there to put it back on the road. i spoke to the owner on the ph on boxing day.$5500. i thought about buying it but its a H#*DA. anyway if anyone is interested let me know and ill pass on the ph number. cheers Ozkat

MCBR
28-12-2004, 09:56 AM
ozkat - sounds interesting, im just doing a bit more research on blades at the moment before i put them on my "if i see a good one i'll take it" list. Does anyone know how hard it is to put a 929/954 ducktail on a 92-93 blade? like in the pic?
http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/honda-fireblade0-92-bikepics-086215.jpg

J7-11
28-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Hm no idea... u should pst up on a 'blade forum like:

forums.cbrworld.com
www.cbr900rrt.co.uk
CBRforum.com
www.rrzone.com
membres.lycos.fr/webhonda
www.fireblades.org

MCBR
28-12-2004, 11:46 PM
I've registered on about 5 different forums (this being the best ofcourse [:p])in the last couple of days, bought 7 magazines/papers... i haven't been this amped about bikes since i got my unrestricted licence :D The interweb certainly helps with research, i feel sorry for my dad who would have been looking for info/parts for his 1973 BSA back in the day lol. (he still has it, hows that for dedication).

J7-11
29-12-2004, 06:22 AM
U have been a busy boy haven't u? All u need to do now is get a regular copy of Streetfighters Mag... I have the local newsagency get it in for me... I think u can subscribe but I'm bever in 1 place long enough to warrant that!!! It's an awesome mag, a source of much inspiration... some are a little over the top for my liking (ie kicked up ass end euro styles) but the attention to detail these gys have is stunning!

29-12-2004, 12:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by J7-11

Hm no idea... u should pst up on a 'blade forum like:

forums.cbrworld.com
www.cbr900rrt.co.uk
CBRforum.com
www.rrzone.com
membres.lycos.fr/webhonda
www.fireblades.org

Yup should definitely piss on a 'Blade forum[:X]

:D

MarkC

Tony Nitrous
30-12-2004, 06:19 PM
QUOTE: All u need to do now is get a regular copy of Streetfighters Mag... It's an awesome mag, a source of much inspiration...

Well said that man :)

Mr 7/11
Are you missing any?
I have a full set i brough over from England..Mine, all Mine, keep your hands off !!!
BUT...I also have quite a few 2nd or 3rd copies copies of some issues. Let me know if your interested. FREE but you might have to fetch them, unless there's food or beer involved ;)
Just give me time to unpack and sort them first!

J7-11
30-12-2004, 06:46 PM
GIMME GIMME GIMME!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Tony Nitrous
30-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Not sure whats there, but i will have a sort out the weekend.
Just posted a pic of my little run-a-round in "Pics" section.

Happy New Year all :)