PDA

View Full Version : new to site and need help

bunney900
24-12-2004, 10:19 PM
hi l'm from bundy need help to find ppl to get a twin turbo system and a 4 into 2 that goes under the seat on a xj900 l will be pulling it apart next year to respray and polish and modify many parts but cant find to much information on the subjects on the net, and not too many ppl interested in putting a kit on my bike up here, any help will do thanks

J7-11
25-12-2004, 06:59 AM
ozkat should be able to help you out, he was planning on putting a turbo on his 7/11 until a forced sale, pretty sure he got all the knowledge down pat and was ready for installation... This might help a bit... http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=forcedinduction it's a suzuki forum but all the theory will be the same.

Tony Nitrous
26-12-2004, 01:35 PM
I have seen "twin turbo's" on bikes but WHY ???
I am yet to see one that wasnt a lot of work with no gains over a single intercooled system. Are you sure about using an XJ9 ?
Without me "bad mouthing" XJ's they are not high on the list of tuners / streetfighters / Turbos!
I know we all have different taste and idea's but ask yourself WHY?

Either way, if your keen to do SOMETHING to a bike, WELL DONE!
Good luck to you.

ozkat
26-12-2004, 08:17 PM
gday bunny. to be quiet honest a twin turbo setup on a 900cc motor wont really work.you wont get enough exhaust flow from the 2 cylinders (450cc)to work the correct turbos properly.when you say installing it under the seat i presume u are looking at a draw through system. you simply wont have the room. if you downsize the turbos to suit the exhaust flow of your bike you will end up with tiny turbos that spool up so quick you will end up at max boost at about 4000 rpm. then have no gains over that.however i think a properly designed blow through single turbo system would suit you perfectly. or even a single draw through system. see the picture below. anyway if you need any help let me know. im no expert on turbos but i have a couple of contacts that have helped me alot. BTW where in Bundy are you? i used to live a Kepnock and used to be the manager of the Federal hotel next to the train station. Cheers mate if you need any help let me know and if i cant help ill put you in touch with the blokes who can. Ozkat

ozkat
26-12-2004, 08:24 PM
oops i forgot the pic http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/systeemgsxr110c.jpg

ozkat
26-12-2004, 08:25 PM
oh shit what did i do wrong this time

bunney900
26-12-2004, 09:00 PM
thanks for the info, the reason l was goin twin on the turbos was cause with the shaft l am confined to top speed its just how quick l can get there and with goin under the seats l thought l would be able to cut all the storage space under the seat away, l've got a family now and promised to slow down a BIT had the bike since new chrissy 97 and clocked over 100000 kms and want to spruse the old girl up, so shes goin to be a bit of a posser bike with a bit more grunt than normal also changing the lighting system to a custom job and a one off paint job by my brother. thanks ozkat l would like to know the ppl you know up here cause l think l will need alot of help with the project at the moment shes still gettin riden daily. At the moment all the ideas are in my head and l need to get info to make it work, thanks again

bunney900
26-12-2004, 09:14 PM
ozkat l am in bargara been here for 12 months from perth before this use to ride with western australian riders (WAR) which is an internet group of riders that post rides and talk about bikes, the pic you sent didnt get through either, thanks again

ozkat
27-12-2004, 07:43 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/systeemgsxr110c.jpg

27-12-2004, 12:04 PM
How's it going Bunney900?

Spent time at Coonar Beach, 20 k's south of Bundy, in the late 80's, top place to end up.[8D]
Excellent fishing just offshore, race horses training on the beach, half a dozen peeople at most in the area, good pubs in Bundy.;)
Oh and the biggest f@rking snake I have ever seen in my life.[:0]

Have you checked that the shaft drive/box on the XJ9 will be able to handle the turbo output?
The turbo won't induce any strange behaviour from the unit?
While they are a strong unit there are limits to what they can handle, and little option for making imporovements, unlike a chain drive system.

Wouldn't a big bore kit give you increased torque, ergo improved launch/acceleration figures, which is what it sound like you are after.
A big bore kit would be more 'gentle' on your engine/driveline I would have thought. (Assuming you haven't already done this)

You'd be surprised how many busa and such like riders get a scare from my high-torque GSX1100EF, off the line and in roll ons, and it's running standard capacity (1135cc).:D

Just my 2 cents worth.

PS Nice board Ozkat, an up and coming Australian 'OldSkoolSuzuki' perhaps.

MarkC

J7-11
27-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Up and coming OldSkool? Don't let mundy hear that!!!

ozkat
27-12-2004, 10:01 PM
dont let gix11 hear that its my board. [8D]

J7-11
28-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Well u are the leading poster!!!

28-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Well I did only mention Ozkats name because he was the one who 'poached' me from OldSkool, so poacher or poser it looks like you're number one old chap.

Have I already annoyed somebody on only my 2nd post?

And I was trying so hard to be nice here.

bugger :)

MarkC

J7-11
28-12-2004, 08:47 PM
hehe I've been poaching wherever I can! Got a couple too... [8D]

28-12-2004, 09:03 PM
hehe

Don't think I'll be able to poach many from the site that I'm in at the moment, I think I may have annoyed one or two of them.[^]

Anyone know the call-sign zzzak?

MarkC