PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Brissy

10-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm relocating to Brissy in Feb\March and just wondering if there's anyone out there willing to show me "the roads"....only problem I'll only have the 'Motard to begin with so anything nice and twisty would be nice.....more interested in riding rather than riding to anywhere in particular....more saddle time than coffee drinking time

Tony Nitrous
12-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi Bladehunter, (or anyone else around Brissy)
Drop me a line when you get here. I moved here from the UK about 6 months ago. I had a Slammed and stretched 1170 Kat / a GSXR 1100 Streetfighter (on the Road but rough) and a Bandit 1200 running 60bhp of NOS in the UK, i lived near to Piers Dowell, another of your contributors. I sold everything for a "New start Down-under". Needed a bike to run around on so bought a new 04 Busa, Yoshi pipes, polished wheels, black screen etc. Now im looking for a PROJECT BIKE to put something nice together.

Gix11
14-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Ah Tony. So you weren't far from Worcester then. I was born in Cheltenham mate. Piers is a mate of a mate as it were. England sucks ass. Welcome to a real country.

Tony Nitrous
14-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi Gix11,
SNAP! Im from Kidderminster, and Piers is a "mate of a mate" too. If your reading this Piers, say "Hi" to Bart Morris (Mr Bump) for me. We had a good bike scene in the UK, lots of Streetfighters, Lots of good Stuntriders, Lots of run-what-you-brung drags, but best of all you could buy ANYTHING. Spondon / Harris / JMC / Metamechec / Bike painters / PDQ / TTS / BigCCracing / Symtech / Turbo's / NOS / etc etc.

As a place to live OZ is (for me) a thousand times better, Im sure in time the bike scene will catch up.
Best thing I ever did moving here, loving it.

Not sure my bike would past a test here running 58bhp of NOS,
Past every time in the UK though, Race pipe and all!

p.s. Dont bad mouth the UK or "Made-in-Britain" Mr Triumph, SpondonAsh will give you a talking to, :D
Hi Ash :D

Where are you Mr Gix11 ?
QLD ?
Briss ?

ozkat
14-12-2004, 08:21 PM
bloody hell! more poms.... oh well at least you blokes have seen the light and moved to this great country. my ancestors moved here too. on a convict ship..... im soooo fuckin glad they stole a loaf of bread or whatever they did. loverly weather today wasnt it i think it was 40c here. you poms build bloody good bikes tho. cheers Ozkat

Spondonash
15-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Thanks Tony. I honestly don't get the negativity about England, we were there less than a year ago and loved it, winters are too cold but that's about it really. I have always said I could live there no problem, I choose to live in Brisbane which is fine.
Love the bike scene over there, you can buy ANYTHING over the counter, maybe one day in the future it might happen here. I reckon I either need to start a business importing Spondon parts or open a proper English pub :D
Like I always say if it is such a bad place why do so many Aussies live there, not packpackers but permanent residents ? :)
Anyway this shouldn't turn into a UK/Australia thread.

Gix11
15-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Yea. Point taken Ash. No more English shite.
Tony - Gold Coast mate.
The mate I was on about was Dalton. Piers painted up his ZXR back in the mid '90's and it made it as a feature in Streetfighters. Used to get my stuff done by a mate called Mark, who eventually went on to become PEST engineering in Glos.
Anyway, as the guys say, no more English thread, let's get Australian Streetfighters up and running.

Spondonash
15-12-2004, 10:23 AM
I know Mark, well I have met him a couple of times and talked about making me a frame before I did the sensible thing and went to Spondon. PEST are getting a good name for themselves for building some good frame kits and swinging arms etc.
Why do you think no-one builds frame kits over here ? I know the market is small but you don't exactly have to sell many to make a living especially if you do it on your own.
What model Speed Triple do you have gix11 ? I have a 1995 Speed Triple with twin Micron carbon cans, GSXR forks and soon late model bug eye headlights. You might have guessed that I love my Triumphs.

Gix11
15-12-2004, 11:25 AM
It's actually the wife's. I just ride it. If you've been to the Triumph page on this site you'll already be familiar with it. '98 model with high set carbon pipe, usual full wheel polish and front tank cover.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/tri/alli_tri.jpg

Spondonash
15-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Ah yes, I saw it but didn't realise it was your wifes bike. Very nice. I can seriously see me on one of the new 05 mocels.
My wife used to have a Norton F1 rotary until children and home ownership came along. :D