PDA

View Full Version : New Proyect

Marcos Peguero
28-11-2004, 02:31 AM
Im new in the forum and in the street fighter bikes, Im a good rider and a owner of a zx12r.
I live in Dominican Republic.
I whant to build a street fighter bike and I whent to a friend that has several chasis laying around, and I whant to start in a 2 year proyect in a budget, I can order parts from USA.
He has a 1989 gsxr 1100 chasis and a 1990 genesis 1000 yamaha (that a friend of mine(mechanic) told me that a R1 engine can be fitted into that chasis making things more easy.

Im good at mecanic and I do port work (epoxy porting) for friends.

Thanks for your advise.

J7-11
29-11-2004, 10:44 PM
G'day Marcos!

Go for the GSXR! Then again I've got one so I'm probably biased!

I like GSXRs because a lot of the parts fit from other year models. For example you could put the complete front end from any late-model GSXR straight into that chassis, and it would be very cool to have a 1990 GSXR-1100 with upside-down forks with radial mount brakes (K3 GSXR-1000 forks and brakes). There's lots of aftermarket parts for GSXRs at a decent price too.

Hope this helps!

Marcos Peguero
01-12-2004, 10:27 PM
A friend of mine told me that I can fit a 1127 to that chasis, I imagine that I can fit a new swuing arm to get a 17" wheel. and since that year 1989 has a hi tank that I dont like I can make a lower tank.

Thanks