PDA

View Full Version : Black spot programs

naked twins
25-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Hows it goin...I just got back from phillip island last week.On the way down about 30km from Mansfield a big big fucken truck ran me on to the outside edge of my lane at about 100km\h causing me to hit the gravel mid corner and throw my month old SV1000 down the fucking road..Its all insured so the only problem i have is the wait time for me to get my bike back just how it was about 31km from Mansfield...Anyway, the bike will be right,my shoulder is fucked but thats not the only reason im writing this left handed waffle,im interested to know if anyone has any idea as to what those Black Spot Programs are down on the Victorian mountains because im a bit confused at what they spent the money on to make these roads that resemble the old road safer for bike riders when there is trucks all over the twisty road and its covered in gravel....

ozkat
25-10-2004, 07:08 PM
geez mate sorry to hear about your shoulder and bike. i hope your going to be ok. i drive a truck for a living and there are so many fuckin cowboys out there driving its not funny. the whole trucking industry needs looking at. or its going to end up like the bus industry and we will have major incidents like what happened at Grafton. last week i drove for 72hrs. thats over 5days. most people work a 36-40 hr week. i sometimes do double what the average person does.im not trying to defend these drivers and if you see any truck driver doing the wrong thing DOB HIM IN . you may just be saving his life or many others.

naked twins
25-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Thanx man,i wasnt havin a go at truck drivers in general i find it weird that there is signs on this road that say $71,000 was spent on cleaning the road up and there is gravel evrywhere.My dad drives trucks and he sumtimes drives from 6 in the morning to 12 at night,thats his job but if he cant do it he wont try,its the drivers that think they can just swing the trailer out two feet on their local roads cause they drive it all the time.Its done now and im goin again next year and we are goin the same way so i guess in a stupid way im asking for it..Oh well its a mad road..

ozkat
25-10-2004, 07:43 PM
i presume the black spot program thing is similar to speed cameras on dead straight roads with no intersections. they spend tens of 1000s on roads that are still substandard and have revenue raising speed cameras on roads that have no blackspots. pity that doesnt help your bike or shoulder

naked twins
25-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah your probly right but thats the way it is but you and me on our own cant do much unless we go to every camera and light them up...would be fun...We are just goin to hav to put up with it i guess until it piss' a few more people off and we can argue against it with a few more numbers..