PDA

View Full Version : dvd burning software

ozkat
16-10-2004, 08:22 AM
i bought myself a DVD burner but i cant burn DVDs because of the copywrite encoding thingy. i have clonecd which is great for burning cds but i need a DVD burning software.preferably FREE. anyone got any ideas or links . i need to send a couple fo copies of Stone and Mad Max to the US and the UK . also if anyone here want a copy let me know .

J7-11
17-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Mate I can get you Nero 6 with a registration number if that's any use to you? If not got a mate who's into it, will let you know...

ozkat
17-10-2004, 07:38 PM
thanks mate im interested in anything you can help me with.

Coconuts
19-10-2004, 10:25 PM
hey buddy, this is what you want. you will need to compress DVDs before you can burn them, because most retail DVDs are dual layer and can be up to 9gig where your single layer blanks are only 4.5gig. DVD shrink will rip to your hard drive and shrink at the same time, meaning you'll only need the 4.5gig for each DVD you copy. and it also has burning capabilities aswell. i've never burnt with it myself, but i see no reason why it wont work....

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

:D

Coconuts
19-10-2004, 11:10 PM
oh yer, almost forgot. this is a completely free program ;)

i've been using it for over a year now, its good as gold....

J7-11
20-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Nice one mate, cheers, gonna go check it out coz I was wondering how the hell I was going to burn my DVD's (for backup purposes, of course!).

By the way, Coconuts: Intro???

Coconuts
20-10-2004, 11:22 PM
bwahahahaa yer, always for backup purposes. i have all the originals of all my DVDs, i just cant find them ;)

found this place when a member of ozsportsbikes popped a link up (slain both here and there). there's not a huge amount of movement here, but its all centered around what i like in a bike :D

i've got a 96 YZF600R Thundercat. picked it up for $4k with 20000ks on the clock, absolute fuggen bargain. problem is, i lost my licence on it the first weekend i had it so now i'm sidelined for 12 months. [V]

i posted some pics of the streetfightering to the forum here but i dont know if they were received or not. basically its now got a single round headlight, a bit of shape changing on the frame thanks to my mate mr fibreglass and a slight change in colour on the frame. i left the bars cos the position on this bike is awesome as it is.

got ALOT of work to do still, but the basics are done and i can fang it up and down my street and look cool. got 3.5 months out of the way, not far to go now [}:)]