PDA

View Full Version : custom seat and tank unit

mark
15-10-2004, 05:51 PM
im looking at modifying my R1 seat unit with additional plastic welded to it then when it is at the shape i want, i want to carbon fibre over the top. this will give me 2 seat units but i will have a custom carbon unit that i want to match up with the carbon fibre tank that i also want to make. I have all the research on it but i also want to form built in ram air scoops to feed my 38mm minkuni flatslides. OK, my problem is that i need help locating the type of foam required to be used in a "lost Foam" application and also where to buy it. Also what if any, are the problems with ram airing flatslides (apart from jetting and tuning)? At the moment the motor is stock 1127cc apart from the pipe and carbies.
Any help would be much appreciated.

carter of mars
15-10-2004, 08:58 PM
i think the foam your looking for should be available from any fibreglass supplier,or boat building supplies. who should aslo be able to get you the carbon fibre.

J7-11
15-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Is the carbon tail unit going to be self-supporting? Would be hell cool if it was!

Nice idea with the ram air tank, it's what I would do if I wanted ram-air (kinda hard to get full ram air effect when doing wheelies!). Whereabouts are you thinking of putting the inlet/s? I don't think old skool Gixer frames were designed with ram air in mind, so I reckon it'll be hard to get a decent surface area with minimal bends for good ram air effect. Just my opinion and I hope you prove me wrong!

Which carbies are you running? I've got the 38mm Mikuni's off a M model 7Fiddy, with a config 3.0 jet kit from Factory Pro. Will tell you how it goes when she's on the road (new emulsion tubes too...)

Hmm not much help am I?