PDA

View Full Version : Stunt Day at Oran Park

J7-11
06-10-2004, 11:26 AM
A mate of mine (Corey, competed at MotoFreestyle) is organising another Stunt practice day at Oran Park.

The date is Sunday 14th of November, from 9:30am to 1:30pm, ambulance present, he needs 25-30 guys, cost is $120 (about the same as a 1/2 day trackday) and needs it to be pre-paid by the end of October...

Anyone interested? Post up here and I'll pass it on to Corey!

Come on boys, lets go do some wheelies!!!

chopaweeza
06-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Bugger. I'll be on Holidays on the Gold Coast that weekend. Double Bugger.

ozkat
06-10-2004, 08:06 PM
maybe thats when we should have the BBQ then.

naked twins
06-10-2004, 08:48 PM
fuck yeah i will be there....When do we have to pay the money...

naked twins
06-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Who do we pay the money?

Gix11
06-10-2004, 10:56 PM
How come the barbie topic made it into the Oran Park topic? Nov 14th sounds good anyway.

J7-11
07-10-2004, 02:25 AM
Corey Solomon's, the HAG guy... Did I point him out at the Throttle Stop? Bald headed dude, rides a grey R1 with advertising on it? I'm sure we can arrange a drop off at the Throttle Stop and he can pick it up from there or something. Or I can meet u or something, will be up the Old Road on Sat morning, free otherwise.

naked twins
07-10-2004, 06:47 PM
hey j,i will pay $120 for the cause but i wont be stuntin coz my '91' gsxr750 wont be ready yet,but i would luv to help out in anyway on the day or otherwise...

J7-11
07-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Didn't know you had a '91 Gixer aswell?!?

What needs to be done to it?

naked twins
07-10-2004, 09:35 PM
it went under a bus so dad bought it for $250 from the bloke tellin him he was put fairing on it...fuck that...it runs but dad wanted to sell it but i im gunna put renthals on it and stunt it...i dont know where to get the set up for motox bars...any hints...

J7-11
07-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Fucking heaps mate!

It'll cost a few dollars to do the conversion right but... here's how I'd do it:

Get yourself a handlebar mount kit, not sure how much these cost but should be under $100. Had a look around on the net but couldn't find much, Renthal/Pro Taper do some.. try here:

http://www.barkbusters.net/MountingKits.htm

Otherwise MCA should stock them, I was looking at a Renthal set (You can get ones that accept Fat Bars, like ZX7-9 has, which are very nice indeed) but in the end I went with a billet triple clamp with the mounts already in place, don't ask how much!

Helps if you've got a front race stand here, but not essential... Take off your top triple clamp and then work out where the handlebar mounts need to go (come see mine if you like) and mark it with a pencil and then a centre punch. Get a drill and go to town! Make sure that your holes are square ie drill 90 degrees to triple clamp) and that they are even distance apart, and also that on the other side the bolts will clear and webbing underneath... or you can pay someone to do it for you on a drill press!

Next you're gonna need some bars, I got Renthal Streetbike Low ones (acutally I ordered High ones but still waiting for those...) but it's all going to be a matter of preference in the bend, cross-brace, Fat Bars etc...

Next up, extended brake lines... now there's 2 ways to do this, a. You can extend the single line from the splitter or b. You can ditch the whole 3 lines rubber crap and get 2 extended braided lines (Try Galfer (www.galfer.com.au) or Goodridge. These will vary in cost due to colour and fittings (Coloured and/or stainless will cost more). Option a. is the cheapest, you'd get away with it for stuff all, and option b. is the way I'd go, run 2 braided lines from the master cylinder to the calipers (best set-up apparently), better feel = better stoppies! Now this would prob cost $50 for a. and maybe $100-$200 depending on colours and fittings.

When ordering the line/s you're gonna need a bit extra over standard obviously, you can dummy up your bars and master cylinder and get a bit of string and work out the extra, or total length. I went 6 inches extended just to make sure, having lines that are an inch or 2 too long is so much better than having an inch or 2 too short!

I've heard that you don't need to extend the cables on our bike (u do have a cable clutch? Mine's got one but dunno if it's standard, if not, just get another extended braided line!). So we should be right there (tell you in a week when i get the engine back in!).

So yeah, fuck the clip-ons off, fit your triple clamp, chuck the bars on, fit the controls, new brake line/s, bleed the brake lines (new pads while you're at it for stoppies?) and you'll be wheelying in time for the stunt day!

There was a guy on an old skool suzuki last time and he was doing us proud, definately the slowest wheelies of the day!

OK this is hell long winded so here's the break down:

Handlebar mounts - <$100
Handlebars - <$100
Braided line/s - $50-$200
Brake fluid - $10
Lots and lots of wheelies - PRICELESS!!!

Sorry...

If you need a hand mate, let me know, I've just done the same thing to the same bike!

Any other comments would be appreciated in case I missed anything!

Cheers, J

naked twins
08-10-2004, 08:07 PM
thanx j but im off to phillip island next week then up tha coast for a few days...it will all come together eventually but i dont think in time for the stunt day.But as i said i am willing to help out on the day,i will even pay $120 to get the dollars up there...Just to hang with a bunch of likeminded people is good enough for me...

naked twins
07-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey J7/11,how much is it to get into this stunt day on saturday as a spectator?

J7-11
08-11-2004, 05:20 AM
Should be free mate!

naked twins
16-11-2004, 06:22 PM
hey j 7/11,did u go to that stunt day on the weekend...how was it and is there any pics anywhere..i couldnt get out there coz i was calld to help out at work...

J7-11
17-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Nope dunno what happened there, I guess it fell through coz I didn't see anything else posted up about it... I'll let you know if any others come up