PDA

View Full Version : 3RD time lucky???????

ozkat
05-10-2004, 07:11 PM
i originaly got my 89/750 GSXR frame powdercoated candy red.it looked pretty special.... till i found out the powdercoater applied it straight over the original anodized finish. you could pick it off with your fingernails. went to another powdercoater he said it will have to be sand blasted off and redone. and it was. another $75 on top of the original $250 . a couple of weeks ago i fitted the motor no probs a couple of tiny nicks got to be expected doesnt it? WRONG!!! had a rostered day off work today so i decided to fit the swingarm and a few other things. went to slide the swingarm in and bumped the frame where the swingarm fits in. a peice of powdercoat came off the size of a 5cent coin. FUCKIN HELL!!!!!!!! he didnt fuckin sandblast it he just scuffed up the frame rails ...ARSEHOLE . so now it goes to a 3rd powdercoater after i arrange the sandblasting myself. the new bloke doing the powdercoating is into bikes too owning a couple of RG500s . anyway the frame coating will owe me around $575+ and it will be black. the moral to this story is dont trust anyone to do work for you until you check out their reputations, i didnt and look what happened. DONT TRUST ANYONE anyway ill post the name and details of this guy after i get the frame back. he assures me i will be able to hit the frame with a hammer dent the frame and not chip the finish. ill also post the names of the blokes who fucked me around and took my money .. OZKAT

Gix11
06-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Woh mate! That's not special. It was such a good looking finish and colour as well.....

How come the change to Black this time?

J7-11
06-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Mate that licks balls! I'm having a couple of issues at the moment with my panels, I got a fibreglass replacement front guard and '180' hugger from Replico, but the fuckers don't fit! The hugger rubs and the front guard, well I'm having to do some heavy modification for it to fir in without rubbing and fouling the forks... Of course I had them sent to the painters while I was away so I didn't find out they were crap until they were painted and clear-coated...

I hope this time around you'll get the finish you deserve!

ozkat
09-10-2004, 07:05 PM
why black? turned off red a bit now. im not keen on polished frames after polishing my old 95 1100 (too much hard work to keep it looking good)and not many other colours i could go with. anyway goes to the blasters this week and ill see what happens from there