PDA

View Full Version : About time!

Gix11
30-09-2004, 06:37 PM
This isn't that important but I thought I'd let you know anyway. I had to nip out today to get some shit done. No, that's not the story. The story is that in the last 7 years of living round this way I have looked for, and mentioned Streetfighters to anybody and everybody and all I get is blank faces and no Streetfighters. Today I go to the servo and some guy wanders over and says "I've done that to mine". Turns out he has a '03 GSXR that he's stripped down and done the usual MX front end. It also turns out he's got a pending court case for doing a wheelie past some cops (unmarked car) and ending it with a stoppie. I mention the site and blah, blah. Ok. Now I get to my final destination which just happens to be a solicitor. On the way out some guy spots me and wanders over and goes "Ah, Streetfighter!" Turns out he had a VTR and wanted to do the business to it but a crash got in the way.

The point of all this waffle is the fact that after all this time something is actually happening! I get two people talking about 'fighters in one day!! People are getting the idea at last. With that in mind, this is the first and original Aussie Streetfighter site and we should welcome these new converts. So if you know anyone else who might be interested - drag 'em in.

Nuff said.

naked twins
30-09-2004, 06:54 PM
I dont get ask about my bike but alot of fucking people look at it wondering what it is but for some reason no one wants the answer...oh well...

J7-11
30-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey come on bro, I asked!!!

ozkat
05-10-2004, 08:31 PM
there is a bloke here on the Gold Coast with a 89-92 GSXR1100 fighter. it has single sided swinger,ducati tail peice,underseat exhaust and wait for it...... carbon wheels.i think he has something to do with Miami high as ive seen him ride in a couple of times when ive been delivering coke there.as soon as i can track him down ill let him know about us and see if i can get him on here.

J7-11
06-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Next time I'm in Extreme Creations I'll spread the word... Ben Shaw is building (albeit very slowly due to work commitments) a Turbo'ed ZX9 Streetfighter complete with 250 rear wheel... There's a customer bike in there too, TL-S Streetfighter, carbon everything (wheels, ducktail, overlay on the tank), polished frame, underseat exhaust, Hhlins forks and Brembo radial mounts (Did have K3 GSXR-1000 forks), and more trick bits than you can poke a stick in each hand at... It should be in a future issue of Rapid so look out for it...

There's some 'fighters around and it's up to us to seek and spread the word!!!

naked twins
06-10-2004, 08:59 PM
yeah but j you weren't asking bout what sort of bike it is...

J7-11
07-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Mate I knew it was a Silver SV with twin streetfighter styles headlights! As I said, I know a dude with one exactly the same, although his is a 650 and got blue rimstripes on it (check out frozzie ad in AMCN)

The thing I was interested in was whether you were a streetfighter fan or not! Gotta spread the word bro!

naked twins
08-10-2004, 08:00 PM
fuck oath im a fan of streetfighters...our bikes are individual and it is cool that there is so many people into it but we dont want it to end up like harleys and that is they used to be the bike to have if you were a bad ass(well thats what the yankees and general public thought anyway...not me...)but now every fuckin chaeffer has one and all that reputation is fucked..We are in the same boat,and that means that our bikes are different,thats makes us different.This is a battle we cannot win unless we all go and buy fucking goldwings,and i for one aint goin to do that....you know what im talkin bout...

naked 03 thou
13-10-2004, 07:46 PM
nak
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

This isn't that important but I thought I'd let you know anyway. I had to nip out today to get some shit done. No, that's not the story. The story is that in the last 7 years of living round this way I have looked for, and mentioned Streetfighters to anybody and everybody and all I get is blank faces and no Streetfighters. Today I go to the servo and some guy wanders over and says "I've done that to mine". Turns out he has a '03 GSXR that he's stripped down and done the usual MX front end. It also turns out he's got a pending court case for doing a wheelie past some cops (unmarked car) and ending it with a stoppie. I mention the site and blah, blah. Ok. Now I get to my final destination which just happens to be a solicitor. On the way out some guy spots me and wanders over and goes "Ah, Streetfighter!" Turns out he had a VTR and wanted to do the business to it but a crash got in the way.

The point of all this waffle is the fact that after all this time something is actually happening! I get two people talking about 'fighters in one day!! People are getting the idea at last. With that in mind, this is the first and original Aussie Streetfighter site and we should welcome these new converts. So if you know anyone else who might be interested - drag 'em in.

Nuff said.