PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1100 (NEW GUY)

luke111
29-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Just wanted to say Hi to All. I just signed up.
Ive got a 1990 GSXR1100.
I hate streetfighters. sorry. how could you chop up a perfectly good bike.
I have been told that bikes are like sex - much more fun naked. But i'm not buying it. Fairings are the go.
I had it turboed using a wrx unit. blow though efi, 10psi went bananas but gave up on it.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/turbogsxr/index.html
Im fitting a nitrous kit very soon though that im going to make myself. I want mid 9's at about 140-145mph.
I just moved to Brisbane a few months ago. Anybody thats keen for a ride email me turbogsxr@optusnet.com.au
I don't get my license back until oct 11th (got pinned 217kph). ive been waiting for 18 months. So it will have to wait until after then.

At the moment it is stock but I've fitted a shiftlight, O2 sensor & led's, 40mm cv's from a 1991 1100 and k&n dual ovals and I'm having heaps of fun getting the pig to run right.

Luke.

chopaweeza
30-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I have to ask-If you hate Streetfighters so much why try to hang out on a Streetfighters board?

luke111
02-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Good question. I guess I like old Suzukis and who else modifys them these days except streetfighters?
I always buy the uk streetfighters magazine when i find it, mainly to read about turbo & nos bikes. I love everything except pull off the clip-on and fitting renthals and the jacked up subframes?
Can anybody tell me why they are mad on that shit in the UK?
It looks bloody riduculous. they look like a mack truck has ran up their bum.

But, if you like doing trick, stunts etc, i think it is a great idea to change the handlebars and pull of the body work. thats fair enough.

chopaweeza
02-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Actually , quite a lot of people are modifying older Suzuki's now both here and elsewhere. You have a certain point of view that won't win you many fans here and perhaps you should have toned down your"I Hate You And Think Your Opinions Are Crap" posts. I have a mate who had a GSXR1100 that he bigbored, turbo'ed and added Nitrous to. The N2O stuck on and as a consequence after 2 years of therapy he can now write his own name & feed himself. Brett also now has the intellectual age of a 4 year old & will be a burden on his wife until she leaves or he dies. So I feel that I know as much as I care to about you and people like you. Act like a hostile dickhead and you'll be treated like one. Behave like a true enthusiast and you'll find some people more receptive to your performance ideas. The choice is yours.If you want to bitch about things theres always talkback radio.

naked twins
03-10-2004, 08:19 PM
When you get all this shit put on your bike,where are really gunna get to use it...maybe once or twice on tha highway or something until the boys in blue hear about you,then the funs over...But i guess you will be able to tell everyone how good your garaged bike is...

KEVMELBOURNE
05-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I DONT KNOW WHY OTHER PEOPLE LIKE OR BUILD STREETFIGHTERS BUT MY OWN REASON IS "STREETFIGHTERS SAY F#@K YOU IN SO MANY WAYS"

chopaweeza
05-10-2004, 03:30 PM
You're a funny bugger Kev. You hit the nail right on the head. It isn't about what you don't like but what you do like. Bikes are a very personal thing and no one has a right to tell anyone their ideas are stupid just because they don't agree. Luke111 clearly has a lot of growing up to do before he should be allowed out to play with the grown ups and his people skills could do with a lot of work as well. It's a shame people engage their mouths( or keyboards) before they think through what they are trying to communicate. Pure speed doesn't interest me anymore but messing around with a potent engine and making a bike that is a reflection of my tastes at the time of construction is what i'm into. Streetfighters and real custom bikes are direct reflections of their owners ideas and desires while Turbo'ed Streetbikes seem to me to be a thing with only limited use on the street and they seem to end up causing more expense and greif than they are worth. Maybe I'm wrong but heh, it's only an opinion.

ozkat
05-10-2004, 05:56 PM
well im building a turbo fighter that i can turn back inti a faired bike in about 30mins. so do i have the best of both worlds or worst? im all confused now... my head hurts [:p]

ozkat
05-10-2004, 08:11 PM
ive spoken to luke111 on the phone and he seems like a really decent bloke.he offered to help me with the turbo for my 1127 no charge but ill supply the beer anyway. i really think he just worded his post wrongly. and really didnt mean to offend anyone.if your offended by what he wrote get thicker skin. ive gotta agree with luke111 that some of those UK and German are absolutly hidious. but then you get streetfighters like UKLEEs which really are a work of art. each to their own i suppose. but im sure we get him around to our way of thinking ;)

KEVMELBOURNE
06-10-2004, 09:46 AM
OZKAT - as you can see by my post i couldnt care less what anyone thinks in regards to streetfighters, shit most of my mates ride sportsbikes as i do also - but one thing i have learnt from working in the bike trade so long is its best not to bag other blokes rides - i dont think luke was doing that - i was responding to his original question of why we like streetfighters. man i sell harleys for f@#k sake - oh and i think the german fighters look a bit odd but i like the fact that each region has its own unique style thats why we need a distinctly aussie style ( yet to be seen )so all of you stop your bitching and get to work.... cheers Kev p.s this is a mockup of my finished fighter.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/ksf.jpg

quote:Originally posted by ozkat

ive spoken to luke111 on the phone and he seems like a really decent bloke.he offered to help me with the turbo for my 1127 no charge but ill supply the beer anyway. i really think he just worded his post wrongly. and really didnt mean to offend anyone.if your offended by what he wrote get thicker skin. ive gotta agree with luke111 that some of those UK and German are absolutly hidious. but then you get streetfighters like UKLEEs which really are a work of art. each to their own i suppose. but im sure we get him around to our way of thinking ;)

Gix11
06-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Hey Kev. Good to see ya back mate. I knew you'd be hovering about somewhere. I had to alter your message due to the size of the image file. If you save them as .jpg's they'll fire down the line real quick .bmp files are massive. Good mock up though mate!