PDA

View Full Version : Ride day in Sydney?

Jaqhammar
29-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Gday guys and girls, I am new here but have been chatting with Si.
We were discussing ride days for Aussie Streetfighters.
I am in Sydney, the Sutherland Shire. Anyone interested in doing a ride and a pub/lunch stop let me know. Most week days are good for me as well as weekends. Cheers. Jaq.:D

J7-11
08-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi Jaq

I'm keen for a ride once I get my bike built, I'm sure ZX7-9 will be too! I'm up the Old Road most weekends, on the 250 at the moment tho!

Email me on j711@dodo.com.au and we'll organise something...

J

Jaqhammar
10-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Hi J

Bear with me re the ride day mate...I am just posting the same idea at www.formula-Xtreme.com.au as well.
I must ask in regards to you riding most weekends up the Old Road, do the cops not hassle you on that route?
I have been hearing for a couple of years now that the Hornsby and Berowa police are making a concerted effort to disuade riders from using the Old Road, especially on the weekends?
I know for a fact that not so long ago they had an EPA testing vehicle pulling over bikes and issuing tickets for illeagal pipes and pipes with no decibal stickers on them.
That's me gone right there. Not to mention other little "added" bits to the bike.
Even Jerry Bowlder from Two Wheels has commented on the way the cops up there hassle riders.
On a more cheery note...it does not happen if you head south on the back roads. Shires in the southern coastal areas are more aware of good public relations in view of the extra revenue created by riders visiting their local attractions and watering holes.
Let me know what you think mate.
I will contact you as soon as I have a more concrete idea about how many people may be interested in joining us.
A quick thought...there is a bike show at the Pyrmont Bridge in Sydney on Sat 16 of October...that's next sat mate...care to meet up there about lunchtime?
More info at www.mccofnsw.org.au
Later: Jaq.[8D]

J7-11
11-10-2004, 06:03 PM
There does seem to be a bit more police presence up the Old Road as of late... A couple of weeks ago my mate got busted for doing a stand-up wheelie, past a cop bike, while I was getting it on digicam... Sat just gone we were up Stunt Rd, I had just finished stuffing around, did a stoppie, flooded the VTR and decided to park it, got off the bike a bike cop was coming up the road! We got asked to leave (actually he was really nice about it) then got breatho'ed just past the cafe on the way home! He was ok, just checked over the bikes, rego stickers, EPA stickers (just a warning to get them on), licences and tyres...

So yeah, there is more police up there nowadays... thing is I live 15 mins from the start of the Old Road, hence my presence there!

I got asked to show my bike at Pyrmont, but doesn't look like she'll be ready in time! So doubt if I'll be going.

Some other time for sure!

Jaqhammar
12-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah...re The Old Road...I don't think I'd ride up there now on a bet mate. That sort of shit just doesn't happen down south. You might get stopped for doing stunts or speeding...but thats about it.
And the only cops in NSW that seem at all concerned about the EPA stickers are the one's who patrol the Old Road.
Hell, I have not actually been stopped at all for almost eight years if I recall correctly.
Before anyone asks...I ride my bikes pretty much everyday, and always to work at night and on the weekends...the traffic is just too heavy to bother taking the car anywhere near the city now.
Re the Pyrmont show J; no probs mate...I will only be there for a couple of hours...got to work again on Sat night.
If anyone is interested there is a pink ribbon ride for Breast Cancer from Club Marconi to Picton next weekend...J think about it mate...be lots of ladies going on that run.
Don't think I can make it myself.

Later : Jaq.:D

J7-11
12-10-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm fond of the RNP and Kangoroo Valley so might head off there once the bike is built...

As for the lots of girls on bikes, well I have girlfriend, and she's got a Gixer 600... :)

03-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Ok anyone round Sydney way looking for mid week ride ? But no (insert bad word here) cafe latte type of (insert bad word here) rides......Used to go with one mob on a Tuesday night but they no like being cut up by a 250 'motard.....Gixxer is off the road for a bit.....

Lack of power is offset by no sense of self preservation...

J7-11
03-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Gimme a couple of weeks when my bike is built and I'll be keen as. I've been missing my wheelies too!

J7-11
11-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Hey bladehunter what are you up to this week? I've only got the 2Fiddy but got tues/wed off...

12-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Tues\Wed.....hmmmmm think I might be sick...cough cough...see what the ol' boy has planned and I'll see how sick I'll be

MCBR
29-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey guys, i hate latte's too (sorry if i offended anyone.. or wait.. no i'm not)

I dont have a registered bike at the moment (both are track only), but as soon as i do i'm keen to meet up for a ride with some of you, being new to the idea of a streetfighter (actually J7-11 you might remember my VFR400 at EC in 'fighter guise - and then not starting the stupid b*!ch) i'm hungry for info. Make sure to post up any rides and i'll do my best to make it.

J7-11
29-12-2004, 06:28 AM
I remember the Viffer of Fury very well indeed! ;)

I'm going to do my best 2 have my bike ready by the 21st of Jan, oroads coffee night at The Throttle Stop, and prob a night run up the Old Road afterwards as per usual!

All in Sydney should come!

ps If my bike isn't ready by then, feel free to berate me as u deem neccessary!!!