PDA

View Full Version : cmon fellas

ozkat
19-09-2004, 08:07 PM
cmon you blokes .... lets get this web site pumping we have gotta show those pommy bastards and yanks how its really done. the biggest thing that gets people to look at our stuff is pictures and tech advice and questions. so lets give them what they want and make this the best bike web site in Australia if not the world. ill start it off with my long running project 7/11. pics to follow. cheers OZKAT

Gix11
20-09-2004, 10:11 PM
If anybody else has got any project pictures and stories or can write features on anything like single sided swingarm conversions, engine mods, turbo / nos etc blah blah, send them in to my email and I'll put them up. Don't forget to check the current projects including Greg's Awesome Bandit (USA) and Kev's GSXR (AUS) on the projects page: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/projects.asp

If you have any skills and want some extra cash for doing them for other builders (welding, spraying, tuning etc) then advertise it on here. You name it, I'll help, just send 'em in.

I'm going to have a members (to Streetfighters forum) discount on some trick aftermarket billet parts soon thanks to TEAM DAYV-BOY - Street Smart Sportsbike Parts, so keep an eye out. Ozkat knows what stuff I'm talking about.

J7-11
21-09-2004, 08:21 AM
I've been trying! Surely I must be in the lead for most number of heads scalped from other sites???

My bike should be on the road in 3 weeks time, I'll send in a heap of pics of the build when it's done ok?

ozkat
21-09-2004, 07:35 PM
ok here goes http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=834051

ozkat
21-09-2004, 07:39 PM
again http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=834051

ozkat
21-09-2004, 07:40 PM
i thought my pics would automaticly show up

carter of mars
21-09-2004, 08:14 PM
ozcat,
thats a wicked red on the frame.

ozkat
21-09-2004, 08:47 PM
its actually a translucent red over a chrome base coat.. all powdercoat im rapt in it but Gix11 could proberly give a more objective comment on it..... as im a little biased [8D]

ozkat
21-09-2004, 08:55 PM
cmon all you other blokes and girls (do we have any girls here?)...POST SOME PICS geez if i can anyone can.

Gix11
22-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Yea Carter. I saw it last weekend. You don't have to be biased to realise it's one of the best reds I've ever seen! It works great with the black/red pearl of the rims etc. This is going to be one SERIOUS bike when it's done.

As for the photos, this shitty forum doesn't have a simple image upload facility so I'm going to have to tool about and create one which is a bastard to do. Give me a little time and I'll have it sorted.

carter of mars
22-09-2004, 06:46 PM
i was thinking of painting my bike a similar colour. just a little darker, so it looks almost black in low light but that red in the sun.

chadams
22-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi Guys,
Currently I am putting together a gpz1100 84 untrack model.
I'll get some photos taken and post them. Where it stands at the moment:
1180cc kit, convert to carbs for injection.
Bandit 1200 front end (forks, triple, wheel, brakes)
GSXR1100 Rear shock.
GSXR1100 Rear wheel.
Rewired (by me)

The donor bike for the front end and shock is a mates bandit 1200,
He is currently running an ohlins rear shock, GSXR1100 USD forks, billet top T - Clamp, twin bug eye lights, full yoshi rach system.
And a bit of home spray painting.

The problem I find in Sydney is not many people are interested in Streetfighters. The essence of a streetfigther is to be lean and mean, too many riders dont relise that by stripping off all excess weight inproves the handling vastly. I constantly get questioned why I would ride a bike with out a fairing or that is air/oil cooler instead of water cooled. Simple, around town it is hard to get away with doing more then 150km/h and my old beasty will destroy most things up to those speeds and more. It starts to get a little long in the tooth around 250, but I dont live in NT so the bike doesn't often see those speeds.

ozkat
22-09-2004, 08:13 PM
good on ya mate. im sure we are all looking forward to seeing some pics. dont worry about stuff like no one is interested in streetfighters ... we are. doing something different is what its all about. thats why my gsxr frame is now candy red. keep up the good work and welcome to the best streetfighters web site in Australia :D

J7-11
22-09-2004, 08:58 PM
G'day chamdams

Me and ZX7-9 are in Sydney too, I'm about 2 weeks from having my girl on the road so we'll have to hook up for a ride up the Old ROad one day if you're keen, show 'em what Streetfighters are all about!

chadams
24-09-2004, 05:52 PM
I just payed car insurance, I am looking at about 4 - 6 weeks to having it on the road, I'd love to go for a ride then..