PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Bike Week

Gix11
01-09-2004, 11:26 AM
"The 6th Gold Coast Bike Week will be Tuesday 14th to Monday 20th September 2004" according to the website at http://www.goldcoastbikeweek.com/ - I went last year as a friend was showing his "Hardley-Able-son" which although it's a piece of farmyard machinery has work done well and not bolt on crap and won him and award with a spot in Heavy Duty mag, but that's irrelavent. The point is that mad bastard on the jet bike is going to be there again this year. If you haven't seen him before it's worth going down on the sunday just to see this mental case set fire to the paddock and a few eyebrows with the afterburner (his picture is on the website as mentioned above). I'm going to try and get down there on the Sunday and stick a few Aussie Streetfighters flyers onto any hopeful bikes so if you make it look out for some bloke being told to bugger off by officials and say hi.

I just saw this also: " Bike Week is proud to announce that the Australian Minibike Motocross Titles will be held at the 2004 event."

Gotta be worth a look?

http://www.goldcoastbikeweek.com/bikeweekfiles/images/jump01.jpg

ozkat
01-09-2004, 09:22 PM
yeah ill be there on sunday. or saturday. i actually came 2nd in the dyno shootout thingy they had last year.anyway Gix11 let me know when you will be there ill give you a hand with the flyers if you want. be good to have a beer and a chat too. im really in need of some insperation at the moment. so if your up for a beer or 2 let me know . you proberly really should go in the burnout comp too. ill bring my digi camera.cheers OZKAT

J7-11
06-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Hmm I COULD make it up leaving Fri 17th, but I'm taking leave off from work to get my bike done..! That and the ride up on the VTR250 might be a bit... painfull... could borrow the gf's Gixer 6 but she might have something to say about it when she gets back and the bikes for a couple more thousand k's on it than she remembers...

Gix11
06-09-2004, 05:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by J7-11

Hmm I COULD make it up leaving Fri 17th, but I'm taking leave off from work to get my bike done..! That and the ride up on the VTR250 might be a bit... painfull... could borrow the gf's Gixer 6 but she might have something to say about it when she gets back and the bikes for a couple more thousand k's on it than she remembers...

Just tell her you read somewhere that the Gixer 6 performs best at whatever k's the clock then says when you get back and that you did her a favour rather than her having to wait for it. Either that or disconnect the speedo cable - not as creative but an old favourite........ or are they run differently these days?

ozkat
06-09-2004, 06:54 PM
just do it. it will be worth it. free accom. if you want