PDA

View Full Version : hello all

20-08-2004, 07:15 PM
G'day all
got sorted out and have registed now :D just say'n hello

20-08-2004, 07:22 PM
figured I'll tell you a bit about myself first I got a 99 vtr and I'm intrested in having a fighter don't know if I will mod the storm or get a fresh bike to mod will have to figure it out soon I'm think'n bout a 99 cbr that a mate has and has trashed have to talk him out of a rebuild so will see what I can do

J7-11
20-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Hey mate good too see you over here! Spread the word mate! Blade's make great streetfighters, I'm still a Gixer boy tho, even though mine is 13 years old...!

FireFighter (Firestorm Streetfighter) or Fightered Blade... I guess it all depends on if u want a twin or a 4... A Blade would go harder, and handle & stop better (ie stunt better!) out of the crate, but given enough money you can do anything! So V-twin punch or 4-cyl scream???

ozkat
20-08-2004, 09:16 PM
gday mate , i reckon the VTR would make a great fighter. dont worry about chopping your bike up tho. what im doing is a 2in1. this is how it works 2 top triple clamps one standard one with risers and mx style bars bolted in (im actually using flat bars) braided brake lines extended 3in max same with clutch lines 3in ext, streetfighter headlight and surround of your choice i dont have to extend the throttle cable just re route it. anyway this is how its supposed to work.... (1) remove fairing with headlight and indicators as one unit (2) remove top triple clamp and clipons (3)disconect controls from clipons and leave hanging from cables and brakelines (4) bolt triple clamp with risers and new bars in place (5) replace controls on new bars (6) attach new headlight arrangement to alternitive brackets which stay on the forks at all times and just sit behind the original fairing.(7)attach mirrors to brackets already on new bars. im sure there are a few other small things that i havent thought of yet.i like this idea because it give me the best of both worlds and should only take an hour conversion. i cant see how a VTR would be any different. i want a streetfighter and a sports bike with fairing but i cant afford both.... this way i can. good luck i hope this helped a little

23-08-2004, 05:27 PM
cbr's make great fighters with the bulbous frame and stocky looks, although a vtr would be very original, not too many vtr fighters that I know of

carter of mars
26-08-2004, 07:15 PM
the sound of a well opened v twin exhaust would kick arse over the cbr, but as J7-11 said the cbr would stop and handle better

ozkat
26-08-2004, 07:32 PM
im not sure if the CBR would outbrake and out handle the VTR. the VTR is a pretty well sorted bike as standard. i rode a mates only the other day and couldnt fault it.maybe little under powered but pretty bloody good. id actually stick with the VTR.

19-09-2004, 09:00 PM
a couple of new sprokets and the vtr is a fun machine 1 just went on ebay for $1500 with front end damage didn't see it till it was to late:( otherwise i would av two now

Gix11
20-09-2004, 09:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by yellowvtwin

a couple of new sprokets and the vtr is a fun machine 1 just went on ebay for $1500 with front end damage didn't see it till it was to late:( otherwise i would av two now

Shit! Is that all it went for? I saw that on there and even though the front was pretty stoved in I thought it would go for way higher than that. What a deal!