PDA

View Full Version : Going to the GP?

J7-11
14-08-2004, 04:52 AM
Me and ZX7-9 will be doing a late run to the Island for the GP, well that is if we get our bikes built in time... We'll probably be leaving Sydney around lunch time on Friday the 15th for the mad dash down the freeway (better for wheelies u see!).

So who else is going? Anyone up for a late run down? If not let's all meet up at some stage down there and show those fairinged up pansies what it's all about! [}:)]

16-08-2004, 02:08 AM
It will be a great run down to th GP with approx 1200km's of wheelie friendly freeway :D Hopefully one of us will have a speedo that is correct as to avoid any drama's with mr plod! Can't wait! So who else is going lets get together and raise hell[}:)]

carter of mars
17-08-2004, 08:00 AM
hey,
as long as the bike is up and running, im up for the ride. but due to the lack of time to work on it at the moment, the freezing weather and hard to find parts, its starting to look a little 50/50. but im doing my best.

J7-11
17-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Mate I'll be back in Sydney in a couple of weeks, I'm moving that week but after that all my spare time is dedicated to getting my (and possibly ZX7-9s coz he's going away) ready to get to the Island... If you need a hand looking for or at parts or whatever in Sydney just let me know, always willing to help out a fellow Streetfighter fan, and a 7/11 oops I mean 7/12 one at that!

17-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Hey Carter I have a mate that works as a mechanic at Gecko in Canberra, excellent mechanic and top bloke he and his bro may be meeting us on the way down, will keep you informed as the days pass, keep your eyes on this thread for more info:)

carter of mars
18-08-2004, 07:21 PM
sounds good. dont know many people down here that ride.

carter of mars
18-08-2004, 07:31 PM
i get most of my stuff from metro motorcycle parts on silverwater road. they are by far the best wreakers i have delt with. well worth the trip from canberra. but they dont always have what i want. i really need a performance exhaust manifold 4-1 for the bandit engine. ive got a hindle 4-2-1 but its too long.
im going to post all the parts ive got spare in the hope someone'll swap me for the stuff i need.

J7-11
18-08-2004, 07:50 PM
What do you mean 'too long' mate?

I've got a 4-2-1 Hindle for mine too... I'm running the same subframe as you and once I've got the engine back in I'm just going to get a new mid-pipe made up, to suit the standard mounting point on the new ducktail so as to retain the pillion pegs for when someone is stupid enough to get on the back...

Just out of interest how old is your system? I got mine off eBay, Full Hindle Stealth system for a Bandit 12, pretty old but was pretty cheap! Is your full stainless?

carter of mars
19-08-2004, 09:25 PM
yeah its full stainless, got it from metro motorcycle spares. dont know how old its though, looks newish. its off a gsxr.apparantly.
its too long cause i wanted the entire exhaust to be as long as the headers. its going to be a very short exhaust system....loud too!
cause ive got the single sided swing arm, i didnt want anything to obstruct the viem of the rear wheel.

J7-11
20-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Hmm how much u pay i ask?

If you don't want it I might be willing to take it off your hands, either me or Gix11, although he's looking for a 4-1 system too. Maybe try eBay... A full Yoshi system for a Bandit retails for $1350, so maybe $700 or so for the headers alone(!)

How about an underseat exhaust?

carter of mars
21-08-2004, 02:35 PM
even though i like under seat exhausts, there willbe no room for it. with the alarm and other electrics going under the seat, and the nitrous bottle going under the pillion seat.
and its just a lot easier to make a really short one.
i havent really paid for it yet but he wanted 450 for it. but i know that metro doesnt have anything else at the moment. but i want it now.if i can find a second hand yoshi id take it.

J7-11
21-08-2004, 03:18 PM
On one of my trips away I gave my flatmate some money to go get a Full Titanium Yoshi system with Carbon can for a Bandit from Metro, but he didn't... it had one little mark on the headers and I'm still wishing I had it!

carter of mars
05-09-2004, 09:00 PM
the bike will not be finished for the island trip:(
i turned up at the workshop last week from being out on site, to discover that they had cleaned up the shop. this clean up involved throwing out all my half made brackets and exhaust pieces.:( not happy!
so i have to start all over again.

J7-11
06-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Ahh shithouse mate!! I reckon the only thing stopping me will be the rego issue... Hmm anyone know any ways of getting a bike with an engine that's 50% larger than it was designed for rego'ed??? Thinking of going to Tassie to do it too...

Gix11
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by J7-11

Ahh shithouse mate!! I reckon the only thing stopping me will be the rego issue... Hmm anyone know any ways of getting a bike with an engine that's 50% larger than it was designed for rego'ed??? Thinking of going to Tassie to do it too...

Yea. Move to Queensland. As long as you don't want to sell it and it's still rego'ed.

carter of mars
06-09-2004, 09:49 PM
does the engine have the CC's printed on it?
if not, just claim its a smaller engine. just goes hard!

J7-11
07-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Umm yeah the engine does have 1127 printed on it :D I was thinking of taking these off, either filling or filing depending on how they're on there, then pretending it's a 750... The bike is unregoed at the moment but was regoed in NSW with the current engine no. and frame number as a 7Fiddy... Someone did the dodgy at one point along the line...

That would work for sure, would fool the insurance companies too, dunno about the GSXR 7/11 sticker I got made tho!!!

Jeez I hope there's no cops reading this! If there are, I'm totally full of shit, I'm actually putting a 750 in a 1100 frame coz I can't handle the go, wheelies are for law-breakers and none of what I say really exists...

carter of mars
08-09-2004, 06:36 PM
hahahahahahah

thats the way to go then.
i think some good metal fill would do the job. not bog! but a resin based metal containing compound.

J7-11
16-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah I was thinking creative use of some of devcon or quiksteel and a file might be the go...

btw Carter email me please mate!

carter of mars
17-09-2004, 09:20 PM
well the bike may not be finished, but im still going to the island. ill be driving down but going with a bunch of guy riding down.
might have to hook up down there or on the way. and bring the fighter community together!