PDA

View Full Version : MELBOURNE STREETFIGHTERS

KEVMELBOURNE
10-08-2004, 08:44 PM
TO MELBOURNE BASED RIDERS . IF YOU ARE A GENUINE STREETFIGHTER NUT AND NEED SOME BITS FOR YOUR PROJECT BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO SOURCE BITS OR ALTERNATIVLY IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GET THINGS DONE FOR YOUR PROJECT GET IN CONTACT WITH ME THROUGH THIS FORUM AND I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP CHEERS KEV

jay666
11-08-2004, 01:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by KEVMELBOURNE

TO MELBOURNE BASED RIDERS . IF YOU ARE A GENUINE STREETFIGHTER NUT AND NEED SOME BITS FOR YOUR PROJECT BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO SOURCE BITS OR ALTERNATIVLY IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GET THINGS DONE FOR YOUR PROJECT GET IN CONTACT WITH ME THROUGH THIS FORUM AND I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP CHEERS KEV

jay666
11-08-2004, 01:36 AM
hi kevmelbourne
just wanted to get your email address so that i can ask you for some help on some things.
cheers jay

Webmaster
11-08-2004, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by jay666

hi kevmelbourne
just wanted to get your email address so that i can ask you for some help on some things.
cheers jay

Hey Jay. If you are signed in as a member of this forum all you need to do is click on the name of the member next to the topic and it will take you to their details. You can email Kev from there.

J7-11
11-08-2004, 07:54 AM
KEV: where did you get your Earls cooler and lines from? I'm looking at a BSR Aerotek one at the moment from the UK which is 270 pounds, so about 700-800 rods. Have you got blue/red fittings? I'm not too keen on these, and can get black/sliver ones with the BSR one...

Also how did you get Braking wave discs? I got told you can't get them for early GSXR's!

KEVMELBOURNE
11-08-2004, 07:16 PM
hey jay, my email is kevink@peterstevens.com.au are you building a 7/11? cheers Kev

KEVMELBOURNE
11-08-2004, 07:41 PM
[quote]Originally posted by J7-11

KEV: where did you get your Earls cooler and lines from? I'm looking at a BSR Aerotek one at the moment from the UK which is 270 pounds, so about 700-800 rods. Have you got blue/red fittings? I'm not too keen on these, and can get black/sliver ones with the BSR one...

Also how did you get Braking wave discs? I got told you can't get them for early GSXR's!
[/quote
JAY , I GOT THE EARLS OIL COOLER FROM EARLS AUSTRALIA THEIR PRETTY GOOD TO DEAL WITH - I GOT THE BANJO JOINTS FROM THEM AS WELL (RED/BLUE) www.earls.com.au YOU CAN GET BLACK ONES IF YOU PREFER THEM,I AM NOT SURE IF THEY DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC DIRECT I THINK THEY DO - ANY TROUBLE , GIVE US A YELL. THE BRITS HAVE AMAZING GEAR BUT DONT BUY FROM THEIR ( ITS TO EXPENSIVE ) GET IT FROM THE STATES OUR DOLLAR IS MUCH STRONGER THEIR.
THE BRAKING WAVE DISCS ARE AVAILABLE FOR MOST GSXRS MY FRONT END IS OUT OF A 94 GSXR750 - I DID HAVE TO WAIT FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS FOR THEM TO ARRIVE - SOME SHOPS JUST CANT BE BOTHERED WITH SPECIAL ORDERS BUT IF REALLY WANT THEM - CASH UP FRONT AND THEY WILL DO THE ORDER, ANY TROUBLES LET ME KNOW AND I CAN SOURCE THEM FOR YOU CHEERS KEV

J7-11
11-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Kev:

Cooler: Will give them a shot, if it's cheaper I'll definately go the Aussie one, plus I can go pick it up easy enough... I'm also thinking of getting those cam to cam link lines, unless of course Earls can make me uo some of those too (or John Stamas/Goodridge of course)

Discs: I'm good for discs thanks, ended up ordering another brand about 4 weeks ago, should be there when I get back in 2 weeks time :D

What do you reckon about fasteners and stuff? I'd like some nice n shiny new disc bolts, axle pinch bolts, triple clamp pinch bolts, caliper bolts... etc etc etc!

Cheers for your help mate!

KEVMELBOURNE
12-08-2004, 12:48 AM
JAY, I GOT A TOP END OILING KIT THROUGH APE IN THE STATES ( APE VORTEX ) ITS A TRICK LOOKING PIECE WITH ALL THE CONTACT POINTS AND HOSES ITS BANJO BLUE/RED ( BUT IF SOMTHING HAS BEEN ANODIZED AND YOU DONT LIKE THE COLOUR YOU CAN STRIP IT BACK TO ALLOY (OLD SKOOL SUZUKI HAD A TECH TIP ON IT- have you seen this site ? its pretty cool ) I AM NOT SURE IF EARLS DOES ONE ( THE STATES AND HERE VEARY IN WHAT THEY SUPPLY ).
GO TO www.aperaceparts.com AND HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT THESE GUYS OFFER - MOST OF MY GEAR CAME FROM THERE.
WITH ALL YOUR NUTS AND BOLTS - THEY COST A FORTUNE JUST CLEAN UP WHAT YOU HAVE ( PRICE ONE DISC BOLT AND YOU WILL SEE WHY ) CHEERS KEV
quote:Originally posted by J7-11

Kev:

Cooler: Will give them a shot, if it's cheaper I'll definately go the Aussie one, plus I can go pick it up easy enough... I'm also thinking of getting those cam to cam link lines, unless of course Earls can make me uo some of those too (or John Stamas/Goodridge of course)

Discs: I'm good for discs thanks, ended up ordering another brand about 4 weeks ago, should be there when I get back in 2 weeks time :D

What do you reckon about fasteners and stuff? I'd like some nice n shiny new disc bolts, axle pinch bolts, triple clamp pinch bolts, caliper bolts... etc etc etc!

Cheers for your help mate!

J7-11
12-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Yeah mate get on www.oldskoosuzuki.info all the time, I've been posting there asking some questions, and one they can't figure out is which head gasket I need for my 1127... apparently there's a few different ones and we can't figure out what year it is coz we only have engine number, not the frame number it came out of...

I'll give APE a go and see what I can find...

Cooler: Do u remember what size cooler and fittings you got for yours? I emailed Earls and they have no idea, need to take in my own cooler, but I'm not in Sydney at the moment...

I need a couple of new disc bolts as a few of the old ones have been stripped...

Cheers again mate!

KEVMELBOURNE
12-08-2004, 09:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by J7-11

Yeah mate get on www.oldskoosuzuki.info all the time, I've been posting there asking some questions, and one they can't figure out is which head gasket I need for my 1127... apparently there's a few different ones and we can't figure out what year it is coz we only have engine number, not the frame number it came out of...

I'll give APE a go and see what I can find...

Cooler: Do u remember what size cooler and fittings you got for yours? I emailed Earls and they have no idea, need to take in my own cooler, but I'm not in Sydney at the moment...

I need a couple of new disc bolts as a few of the old ones have been stripped...

Cheers again mate!
HI JAY, I GOT A 19 ROW ( WIDE ) AND ALUMINUM MOUNTING BRACKETS TO SUIT, FITTING SIZE FOR MY MOTOR WAS -6AN , I GOT ABOUT 1 METRE OF STEEL HOSE AND FITTING JOINTS ( THIS WILL DEPEND ON WHAT YEAR MOTOR YOU HAVE ? ) YOU WILL HAVE TO LOOK AT ALL YOUR LINES AND WORK OUT WHAT JOINTS YOU WILL NEED ( AND MEASURE THEM ) - I CANT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT I GOT ( I WILL HAVE TO CHECK )YOU WILL HAVE TO GET A PRO HOSE JOINER TO HELP WITH SOME CONNECTIONS ( THIS SOUNDS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN IT IS ) . WITH YOUR HEAD GASKET - THAT IS A HARD ONE IT DOES GO OFF THE FRAME ( IN THE EARLY EIGHTIES FRAME AND ENGINE # WERE THE SAME BUT IT CHANGED AROUND 83 I THINK ) GO TO MICK HONES IN BOX HILL - THEY USED TO CARRY A LOT OF OLD STOCK AND MAY HAVE SOME OLD GASKETS THERE YOU COULD TRY TO SIZE UP ( TAKE YOUR OLD ONE WITH YOU ) IF NOT TRY VIC WRECKERS IN HEIDLEBERG THEY MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ? IF YOU NEED BOLTS AND STUFF COME OUT TO RINGWOOD PETER STEVENS AND ASK FOR ME CHEERS KEV.

J7-11
14-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Cheers again mate, I've heard back from Earl's and they're having supply problems from the USA with coolers and they're emailing the UK about what lines I need (they've got pre-made kits in the UK).

I got a quote for about $400 for the cooler alone, so dunno how much the lines are gonna cost, I've still got the option of a UK one for 270 pounds ($800) which is cooler and lines... See what happens.

I'm in Sydney mate! Sorry, posting in the wrong thread hey?

Oh yeah, that link should have seen www.oldskoolsuzuki.info and if you've got an oil-cooled gsxr and haven't been there, go there now!!!