PDA

View Full Version : Perth Importer

Webmaster
08-08-2003, 05:39 PM
I got a message from a guy stating that there is somebody importing Spondon frames over in WA. He left a link - www.awesome-imports.com - but it doesn't seem to work. Anybody else managed to find it? Or do you know anything about them? I get this question the most!

J7-11
26-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Here's the Spondon/Awesome Imports connection...

http://www.fastlane.com.au/Custom_Shed/Spondon.htm

The dude that owns (or used to own, it's an old article) Awesome Imports built a Spondon 'Blade...

Spondonash
01-12-2004, 04:21 PM
I think Awesome Imports have closed and to my knowledge there isn't an importer in this country, that would change if I had my way.

Gix11
02-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Hey Ash - Thanks for joining the forum mate and even more so for finding the Spondon Website. Been looking for that Bad Boy for ages. Nice one. http://www.gamma498.plus.com/spondon%20engineering/

Spondonash
03-12-2004, 08:31 PM
No worries, it's just nice to find some people in this country that actually know what a Spondon is. :D
I have sent in a photo of mine and also an email but no reply so far, any idea if emails get read ?

Spondonash
03-12-2004, 08:40 PM
For anyone who is interested this is my Spondon, I finished building it about 2 years ago but I am planning a few changes. My dream is to start importing Spondon frames, someone has to.
http://www.spondonownersclub.co.uk/ashleytriumph.htm

Gix11
04-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi Ash - I get the emails to this site. I must have deleted it by accident (I get over 60 a day - most just shit). Send it through again mate and I'll get it up on here for sure.

Spondonash
05-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Thanks. I have sent through a couple of photo's of the bike, just ask if you want more.
Any ideas why Streetfighters have taken so long to make it over here ? I know the market is pretty small but it is still big enough to allow for a thriving alternative scene which is how I see Streetfighters. I am doing my little bit and maybe sometime soon I can become the Australian Spondon importer and help push things along even more.

Gix11
06-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Yea Ash - it was the same in England for years, then suddenly it went mad. It will here also. I have put the pictures of your Spondon up on the Spondon and Triumph pages of the site so the rest of you guys check this awesome bike out! Where are you Ash? I just want to know what lucky bastards get to see this thing riding around! As for becoming an importer that would be great. The biggest problem you're going to face is the price, most guys can't afford the 5-6 grand tag but then again there will be the few that can - and better still we can advertise on here - where better to find a Spondon Frame than here at Aussie Streetfighters? Cheers Ash.

Spondonash
06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks for that. I am still amazed that it is taking so long for it to gather speed over here. I would love to set up a business selling the good stuff but finances don't allow at the moment. Although I agree the market for Spondon frames kits would be small I still think like in the UK there would be enough people with the cash to make it viable. $5-6000 is wishful thinking I'm afraid. Unfortunately more like $7-8000 BEFORE adding anything this end. Lets face it if there are those that will spend $30,000 on a Harley Ferguson then I guess there are those willing to spend less on a true piece of mobile art.
I am in Brisbane but few would have seen the bike out and about of late as I have been off the road with a very bad back which is just starting to get a little better. Gives me a chance to do a few mods on the bike anyway, maybe an underseat exhaust and different lights. Keep watching this space :D

Gix11
07-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Sounds good mate. Get that back fixed - I'm on the Gold Coast and need to see that bike!