PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a swingarm for my GPZ9 project

greenman43
22-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Ideally a ZZR11 part, but they don't seem to be out there. Alternatively perhaps from a GPX750, but open to suggestions ? WOuld prefer Kawasaki fitment so that (hopefully) the rear suspension will be close.

Cheers,
Brian

Deano
22-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Have a k5 Gsxr 600 arm with linkage and axle if that is of intrest

Redmohawk
22-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Whats the measurments of what your trying to replace ? width of swing arm pivot and diam of pivot bolt for a start Kwakas can vary a bit I have found out, even same models on year change etc. With mods even a gpx600 swing arm will take a 180 width tyre. From a quick glance the 750 is the same as the 600.

greenman43
24-01-2011, 04:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

Have a k5 Gsxr 600 arm with linkage and axle if that is of intrest

Thanks Deano, not really going for the braced look and not entrirely sure a) it'll clear the shock, or b) be far too long.

Cheers,
Brian

greenman43
24-01-2011, 05:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Whats the measurments of what your trying to replace ? width of swing arm pivot and diam of pivot bolt for a start Kwakas can vary a bit I have found out, even same models on year change etc. With mods even a gpx600 swing arm will take a 180 width tyre. From a quick glance the 750 is the same as the 600.

You may not be aware, but the GPz9 is a weird fitment (fits outside a central spine, rather than between frame tubes). That being the case, anything non-GPz9 or specific aftermarket fitment is going to take a fair bit of work. No problem with that, my thought process is to start with a look and 'period' length, and start from there.

Looking to fit up the OEM wheels from my ZX10R, so certainly not going for drag-style width at the rear.

Cheers,
Brian

EFE 1230
24-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the old TKA GPX750 and GPZ900 both had 5.5" and 6" rims fitted in the standard swingarms, have you tried a dummy fit?

oldskool
24-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Iv got ZZR 1100 swinger and rear wheel.

Bubble Boy
25-01-2011, 12:47 AM
I have a YZF alloy arm, unbraced with hugger that would look awesome up the back end of a GPZ900R.
I also have ear wheel, tyre, break caliper, hugger, spacers, shock and disc.
You could fit a complete back end transplant and end up with a fat rim and 180 rear tyre.
would look stunning and has big fat slab sides to the swing arm without a brace.....
eh ... eh... what ya thunk?

greenman43
01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

I'm pretty sure the old TKA GPX750 and GPZ900 both had 5.5" and 6" rims fitted in the standard swingarms, have you tried a dummy fit?

Thanks mate, but after a different look, hence the change in arm.

Cheers,
Brian

greenman43
01-02-2011, 08:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Iv got ZZR 1100 swinger and rear wheel.

Thanks muchly, we've spoken previously and I was looking for arm / linkage / dog bones (preferred locally).

Cheers,
Brian

greenman43
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bubble Boy

I have a YZF alloy arm, unbraced with hugger that would look awesome up the back end of a GPZ900R.
You could fit a complete back end transplant and end up with a fat rim and 180 rear tyre.
would look stunning and has big fat slab sides to the swing arm without a brace.....

YZF as in 750, or what ? Interested in a pic, if available. Planning to fit up a ZX10R rear wheel and brake, so all that is needed are arm, linkage, dog bones, pivot and axle.

Cheers,
Brian

Bubble Boy
02-02-2011, 12:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by greenman43

quote:Originally posted by Bubble Boy

YZF as in 750, or what ? Interested in a pic, if available. Planning to fit up a ZX10R rear wheel and brake, so all that is needed are arm, linkage, dog bones, pivot and axle.

Cheers,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Here's a quick snapshot.
Have all the bits you are looking for including hugger in black ABS unfortunatly cant add photos at the moment so will post pics as soon as available.

In the meantime feel free to PM me and I'll send the JPG to your mail box
regards
Simon