PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 2 x float bowls for BST36SS Mikuni carbs

ACTAngler
23-04-2010, 11:17 PM
While pulling down and cleaning my carbs, I noticed 2 of the drain screws in the float bowls had been glued/siliconed up but were slightly leaking. Turns out the drain screws had been tightened too tightly and no longer sealing properly (the screw head comes tight on the float bowl before the end of the screw seats and seals).

Anyhow, looking for 2 float bowls (1 x left, 1 x right) and drain screws that don't have this problem. Thanks in advance.

Zooks
23-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Huh?? The head of the screw against the bowl is what seals isn't it?

ACTAngler
24-04-2010, 01:23 AM
no, mine have a tapered end which seats inside the bowl itself.

damo1
24-04-2010, 08:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by ACTAngler

While pulling down and cleaning my carbs, I noticed 2 of the drain screws in the float bowls had been glued/siliconed up but were slightly leaking. Turns out the drain screws had been tightened too tightly and no longer sealing properly (the screw head comes tight on the float bowl before the end of the screw seats and seals).

Anyhow, looking for 2 float bowls (1 x left, 1 x right) and drain screws that don't have this problem. Thanks in advance.

Are these for a gixer 750??

Can you put up a pic cause i think i may have what your after.

And which side are you after?? cause the right ones were different to the left side.

If there it you can have them. If your in sydney come get them if not you pay the postage mate ;)

ACTAngler
24-04-2010, 02:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

And which side are you after?? cause the right ones were different to the left side.

If there it you can have them. If your in sydney come get them if not you pay the postage mate ;)

Nah, off a 1990 GSXR1100, but according to my Haynes, the 750 slingshot ones were the same. I need 1 x left and 1 right (the centre 2 carbs). No pictures of mine, but they are the same as these:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159718

Thanks for the offer, I'll grab them for sure if they are the right ones.

damo1
26-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Nah, off a 1990 GSXR1100, but according to my Haynes, the 750 slingshot ones were the same. I need 1 x left and 1 right (the centre 2 carbs). No pictures of mine, but they are the same as these:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159718

Thanks for the offer, I'll grab them for sure if they are the right ones.

Mate i need to go to my old ladies to check as they are in the shed down there, but i'm sure they are the same as the ones posted in that link!!
I'll go down today and posta pic for you to have a look.
If there the same they are yours.

damo1
26-04-2010, 10:57 AM
The ones i have are exactlly the same as the ones in the GSXR thread you posted.

They are off a 88 gsxr750 slingy with 36mm carbs.

I wont posta a pic unless you really need me to.

Pm me your details if you want them, and we can go from there.

ACTAngler
26-04-2010, 07:33 PM

The ones i have are exactlly the same as the ones in the GSXR thread you posted.

They are off a 88 gsxr750 slingy with 36mm carbs.

I wont posta a pic unless you really need me to.

Pm me your details if you want them, and we can go from there.

Email sent, thanks mate.